New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Sounds good, glad to have one more person to add to the antics. Hopefully your town isn't as bad as some of the places in Massachusetts. I'm pretty lucky to live in a town that treats it as shall issue.
I’m in Uxbridge which is listed as a green town so hopefully it’s still that way. I’m sure I’ll know soon enough

I’m in Uxbridge which is listed as a green town so hopefully it’s still that way. I’m sure I’ll know soon enough

Hi Guyute! Welcome to NES! Thanks for posting and introducing yourself to us. Good luck with the LTC process. Once you get done with it, please let us know how it worked out for you. There may be someone else lurking who is also looking at getting an LTC in uxbridge and might want to know :)

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

New to the community . Just wanted to say hello. I am from Medford Ma. I am by no means and expert on firearms but have been shooting for some years and really enjoy the sport. I look forward to learning from the community and making a few friends hopefully.

Youngling here! Been snooper for quite a while here when trying to learn about MA law, this place is good to at least get the slightest grasp on how MA gun law works, and finally decided to step in. In process of getting Fid in Freetown (heard it's a greentown, great for when I go to try to get my LTC in 2 years!). Started off shooting at age 11, only mostly got to shoot pistols due to family preference, but got to shoot a pretty large variety of rifles too, never got to shoot a shotgun. On 18th birthday got to shoot the uzi and M4, the latter is what introduced me to the AR platform and made me a fanboy ever since! Hope to contribute to the community!

Youngling here! Been snooper for quite a while here when trying to learn about MA law, this place is good to at least get the slightest grasp on how MA gun law works, and finally decided to step in. In process of getting Fid in Freetown (heard it's a greentown, great for when I go to try to get my LTC in 2 years!). Started off shooting at age 11, only mostly got to shoot pistols due to family preference, but got to shoot a pretty large variety of rifles too, never got to shoot a shotgun. On 18th birthday got to shoot the uzi and M4, the latter is what introduced me to the AR platform and made me a fanboy ever since! Hope to contribute to the community!

Welcome buddy

So many new names recently. Welcome to all! I have been a bit preoccupied here with life so haven't been able to welcome everyone properly so here we are with a generic post for all.

Cheers to all and stay safe! [mg]
-Cindy

giphy.gif

Welcome to NES. Glad to have you aboard. I offer this visual aid to help you avoid future NES "unpleasantness"
1572908018403.png

Last edited:
Started lurking for a couple months as I was debating trying to get my license. About a month ago I started the process, scheduling a class and applying, and now I await my town. If I do receive my LTC, I should but who knows, I plan on going green but am waiting to make sure I do receive it.

Welcome to NES. I work in Bellingham, so maybe I will bump into you at Mass Firearms School. I try to get over there once a week for some recoil therapy!

Welcome to NES! New folks should check in here and say HI!

Tell us about yourself...Where you live, your firearms experience, and how you found Northeastshooters! Thanks!
Hi I am new I have been reading the fourms for a while . I may have registered a while back but never posted here . I am 39 years old and just began owning and shooting firearms 3 years ago. I live in Rhode Island. I am married with 1 son. I saw in another post something about being a green member . What is that?

Hi I am new I have been reading the fourms for a while . I may have registered a while back but never posted here . I am 39 years old and just began owning and shooting firearms 3 years ago. I live in Rhode Island. I am married with 1 son. I saw in another post something about being a green member . What is that?

Hi Shawn, welcome to the forum! Being green means that you're a paying member of this community. Please check this link/thread for more information on that but as a quick summary of some reasons to join is... that you'll get a chance to win a free gun every (usually) month, there are member only meet ups and member only threads (deals on ammo? etc), group buys on stuff, etc. Not to mention, you'll be supporting a great community of like-minded individuals where we can all discuss how we don't like gun control unless you're talking about trigger and muzzle discipline :D

Enjoy and stay safe out there. Looking forward to you joining us in the other threads.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Welcome to NES! New folks should check in here and say HI!

Tell us about yourself...Where you live, your firearms experience, and how you found Northeastshooters! Thanks!
Hey there, I'm Giri (pronounced geary)! I just moved to the Fairfield area and in my junior year at SHU. I've lived in Brooklyn, Vermont, NH, Northwestern CT, Utah, Indonesia in my 21 years of living. Growing up in VT and Utah I developed a penchant for hunting as a means of putting food on the table. Started shooting with a .22 bullseye rifle at summer camp when I was 10 and have been shooting ever since. I discovered this site while searching for 100+ yard ranges and good gunsmiths in the region while lurking through forums. Figured I'd sign up to get to know more about the ins and outs of shooting here from everyone in this forum and so far it's been a ton of help. Thanks!

Hey there, I'm Giri (pronounced geary)! I just moved to the Fairfield area and in my junior year at SHU. I've lived in Brooklyn, Vermont, NH, Northwestern CT, Utah, Indonesia in my 21 years of living. Growing up in VT and Utah I developed a penchant for hunting as a means of putting food on the table. Started shooting with a .22 bullseye rifle at summer camp when I was 10 and have been shooting ever since. I discovered this site while searching for 100+ yard ranges and good gunsmiths in the region while lurking through forums. Figured I'd sign up to get to know more about the ins and outs of shooting here from everyone in this forum and so far it's been a ton of help. Thanks!

Hi Giri, welcome to NES! Thanks for introducing yourself. Sounds like you’ve been shooting a while now and have experience. That’s really cool, I’ve never hunted before. Looking forward to your posts in the future, maybe in some hunting threads!

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hey everyone! Long time lurker but finally took the time to register on a slow day at work. 25, live in mass work on the cape. About to buy my first home(yikes)! Had my LTC since I was 21, love shooting and as weird as it sounds it’s kind of relaxing. Not much to say about me, so that’s all. Hello everyone!
Welcome! And congrats on buying your first home! I was also 25 when I bought my first home in 2013. Never ends with home repairs (house was built in '35).

Hi all! Been lurking for months while I wait for my LTC. I took my class in July 2019, called my PD and they gave me an August 15th appointment to apply/fingerprint/photo. Was told 4 month at the time. It's now been almost 5 months but last time I called the status hotline my application had finally changed to approved by local PD. I am hoping I am only weeks away at this point.

Located in Pittsfield, MA. Once my LTC is approved plan to join Lee or lenox sportsmen's club(or both?) And am interested in competitive pistol shooting. It's been 20ish years since I shoot back in boy scouts but look forward to getting back in the hobby.

-Matt

Hi all! Been lurking for months while I wait for my LTC. I took my class in July 2019, called my PD and they gave me an August 15th appointment to apply/fingerprint/photo. Was told 4 month at the time. It's now been almost 5 months but last time I called the status hotline my application had finally changed to approved by local PD. I am hoping I am only weeks away at this point.

Located in Pittsfield, MA. Once my LTC is approved plan to join Lee or lenox sportsmen's club(or both?) And am interested in competitive pistol shooting. It's been 20ish years since I shoot back in boy scouts but look forward to getting back in the hobby.

-Matt
I'm just a bit south of you. Lee is a really nice facility. I've shot there numerous times over the years. Never tried Lenox.

Isaac from Southern VT here, just joined yesterday. I mainly joined to list/browse the classifieds but looks like lots of other good info. I'm still figuring my way around the site, I know I cannot post in the classifieds yet but I can't find what I need to do to gain access, any help? I read the rules but didn't see anything there about new members.

Isaac from Southern VT here, just joined yesterday. I mainly joined to list/browse the classifieds but looks like lots of other good info. I'm still figuring my way around the site, I know I cannot post in the classifieds yet but I can't find what I need to do to gain access, any help? I read the rules but didn't see anything there about new members.

You need to be a paid member to post in the classfieds. Look at the NES membership forum for details.

New Member looooong time lurker here. My primary interest is rifle competition. I shoot Highpower and PRS. Hopefully I can add something to the discussions here.

Welcome to NES. Looking forward to your input. I have been thinking about getting into more long range stuff, but it's tough to find a place that offers more that 300 yards in Mass.

For over 300 yards in Mass I beIieve your options are limited to Reading, Granby, and Woodcock in Dartmouth.

Reading’s matches are open to the public. If you’re willing to drive, Scarborough Fish and Game is really stepping up their rifle program with open range days and some good entry level teaching days. The range there is 600yards.

Welcome all! [cheers] I apologize for the lack of welcoming new folks. For some reason, I don't always get alerted to new posts in threads even tho they are marked as "watch" 🤷‍♀️

Hey everyone! Long time lurker but finally took the time to register on a slow day at work. 25, live in mass work on the cape. About to buy my first home(yikes)! Had my LTC since I was 21, love shooting and as weird as it sounds it’s kind of relaxing. Not much to say about me, so that’s all. Hello everyone!

Welcome Toaster. Glad you finally took the time to be a member and even wrote us a little introduction post. Congrats on your (soon to be?) home. Not weird at all thinking that shooting relaxing. It's because it! Just you and a little pew pew pew. See you around the forum.

Cheers and stay safe out there,
-Cindy [mg]

-Matt

Hi Matt! Now that you've had plenty of time to lurk and shop around, what's your first gun going to be? Inquiring minds are on the edge of their computer chairs! Hopefully, by now, you've received "the call"? Let us know! See you around.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hi Isaac, welcome to NES! As Matt5 mentioned, you'll need to be a green (paid) member to list stuff in the classifieds. Welcome the community and hopefully, you'll join in on the fun on various threads in the forum.

Stay safe out there,
Cindy [mg]

New Member looooong time lurker here. My primary interest is rifle competition. I shoot Highpower and PRS. Hopefully I can add something to the discussions here.

Hello Dave, welcome! Great to see that you're posting to introduce yourself to us. Thanks for going green and supporting a truly wonderful community that's full of knowledge and experience. Being a long time lurker already, I'm sure you've found your way to the comp shooting section but in case you haven't, absolutely check it out: Northeastshooters.com Forums

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hi folks, been hangaround for a year. Finally went green this week. I dont do facebook or anything so this is literally my only social media. 31, male north central ma. Winchendon Rod & Gun is my home range. Into milsurps, history,realistic training and severely addicted to buying. Half for shooting and half as investments. Found the forum very resourceful. Headed home to assemble my first ever AR. Never been into them, always stuck with pistols and bolt action & SKS rifles. Came across cheap AR parts with preban lower so figured why not.

Hi folks, been hangaround for a year. Finally went green this week. I dont do facebook or anything so this is literally my only social media. 31, male north central ma. Winchendon Rod & Gun is my home range. Into milsurps, history,realistic training and severely addicted to buying. Half for shooting and half as investments. Found the forum very resourceful. Headed home to assemble my first ever AR. Never been into them, always stuck with pistols and bolt action & SKS rifles. Came across cheap AR parts with preban lower so figured why not.

Hi Toytown, welcome to NES! Glad to have you here. Thanks for supporting the community by going green! GL with the AR build. Folks in the Build It Yourself section or Gun Gallery would love to your new toy when you're done, I'm sure of it 😍

Have fun and cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Back
Top Bottom