New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

I borrowed my screen name from a former beloved pet...so call me Boudie. Think of me as sort of an open minded Fudd. I moved to Vermont after living in New York City for 40 years. I came looking for good motorcycling, a place that was 2A friendly, and in the throes of the opioid crisis so I could continue my third and final career in life as a substance abuse counselor. Vermont has it all. It's safe to say I have old guy tastes in shooting (that Fudd thing again) and collect S&W revolvers, .22 target pistols, and despite owning assorted Rugers, Brownings, Berettas, CZs, and Walthers, own absolutely no polymer semi-autos at all (...Fudd!!!). I'd call myself a novice handloader and since I don't hunt, tend to keep my interest in loading more in the bunny fart target zone rather than working up those full on grizzly bear dropping kind of loads. That's pretty much my story and I look forward to hanging out here with you all for a while.

Open minded fudd is better than close minded fudd. Welcome! "bunny fart target zone". I like you [laugh][laugh][laugh] Welcome welcome, I hope you enjoy the forum and look forward to you contributing to the community and chiming in on the threads where you see fit.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hey guys new guy.
I live up here in Maine, have been a member of several forums since the beginning of the interwebs.
I am BISHOP on other forums, but this forum said that my name was taken, no problem.

I collect, build and play with the EBRs and try to keep up with latest accessories, but couldn't tell you about Mausers or standard hunting rifles.
I have a crappy youtube channel too where I have crappy vids (none monitized anymore).
My latest toy is the Spikes Tactical M79 37mm launcher.

RC

Hey guys new guy.
I live up here in Maine, have been a member of several forums since the beginning of the interwebs.
I am BISHOP on other forums, but this forum said that my name was taken, no problem.

I collect, build and play with the EBRs and try to keep up with latest accessories, but couldn't tell you about Mausers or standard hunting rifles.
I have a crappy youtube channel too where I have crappy vids (none monitized anymore).

RC
A crappy youtoob channel is better than my non-existent youtoob channel.
Post a link to your channel, inspire us.

Sorry. Same name. Just type in Remotecamper..... One word.
Please leave coments or questions. I love them, and will get back to anyone quickly usually.

RC

Last edited:
Hi I’m Chuck living in East Bridgewater, MA. “New?” Sort of... I joined TEN YEARS AGO... o_O but never posted until yesterday! (A lot of lurking though on the WTS Handguns board).

I’ve been a shooter for about 20 years when I started hunting (which I’ve since given up on...).

How did I hear about this site? Well, probably no surprise...I forget...

ETA State

Hello All,

I joined the forum in 2017, today I realized I never introduced myself.

Grew up in MA, moved to VT at the start of last year. My interests in guns are pretty broad, old, new, metal, plastic, I enjoy them all, but I generally like shooting handguns more than rifles. Casually into archery too.

Hey guys new guy.

RC

You know... for a guy with a "crappy" youtube channel, you've got a decent amount of subscribers :cool: Welcomes to NES! Look forward to seeing you around the forum.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hi I’m Chuck living in East Bridgewater, MA. “New?” Sort of... I joined TEN YEARS AGO... o_O but never posted until yesterday! (A lot of lurking though on the WTS Handguns board).

I’ve been a shooter for about 20 years when I started hunting (which I’ve since given up on...).

ETA State

Wow... welcome to your first posts on NES. Look forward to seeing more from you, Chuck!

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hello All,

I joined the forum in 2017, today I realized I never introduced myself.

Grew up in MA, moved to VT at the start of last year. My interests in guns are pretty broad, old, new, metal, plastic, I enjoy them all, but I generally like shooting handguns more than rifles. Casually into archery too.

Hi, welcome, thanks for the intro post. Looks like you also like BBQ... there's a BBQ thread floating around somewhere...

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hi everyone,

I am living in MA and just starting my LTC application process (with a lawyer, to make sure I don't mess up anything).

I shot .22 rifles as a kid at summer camp in West Virginia, and more recently I've shot handguns a few times with one of my best friends from college who is a gun enthusiast. (He is in VA, which is where I'm from.)

Anyway, I found this site and I've been reading up on the MA law section. I'll keep reading stuff and learning more.

Anyone have suggested resources for learning about guns? (Terminology, etc?)

Welcome aboard Ribeye!
I found this place the same way you did, researching the batshitcrazy gun laws before moving (back) to MA.

Besides this place and other web resources, probably the best way to learn more is to join a local gun club. There's no replacement for being with people.

If you're going to get into handguns, getting some formal training is the way to go. Practice doesn't make perfect. Practice makes permanent. It took me a long time to undo some self-taught bad habits. In the long run a little training saves money as well as frustration and time.

Hey everyone. I'm a hopeful to get a MA LTC, it's pretty much the main reason I joined. I shot shotguns and .22 at boy scout camp years back and getting into it on my own has been something I've wanted for awhile but was kind of deterred by the process involved and not really having any friends or family also in the hobby. I'd like to shoot a handgun, that's something I've never done. Anyway I decided to finally do it. I, err, got into some trouble awhile back so I'm not sure if MA will grant me a license. If that happens my likelihood of moving to NH goes up by a factor of 10.

Hello from Nashua, NH. Joined yesterday or Saturday maybe, went green today. Not sure how I found this site. Lots of good info discovered here, has not disappointed. GONH member, GOA Patriot member. Shooting, hunting, fishing, just being in the woods. 3%

Welcome to NES! New folks should check in here and say HI!

Tell us about yourself...Where you live, your firearms experience, and how you found Northeastshooters! Thanks!
Glad to be here.
I'd really like to find out what it's like for the those Gun Folks on the other Coast.
Thanks

Welcome to NES! New folks should check in here and say HI!

Tell us about yourself...Where you live, your firearms experience, and how you found Northeastshooters! Thanks!
Hello. Been a member here for sometime but I think my paid membership has expired. Looking to use the classified section to clear out my locker. Can you direct me to a link or info on how to renew? Thank you, Mike

Hi all!
I’m a MA resident, wish I was somewhere else but this has been my home forever.
Joined a few days ago and I don’t exactly know how I came upon this site and thought it was a good idea to be part of it for educational purposes and to meet other gun enthusiasts as myself.
My history with weapons extends for a number of years. Spent 7+ years in the Army and my main MOS (job) was a weapons/towed artillery repairer (45B). I also served as a unit armor while stationed at Ft. Bragg, NC and was a shop foreman until I left for the civilian world.
Loved working on all types of guns.
Currently I have some 45’s but am thinking of getting some 9mm’s and who knows what else.
Anyways just thought of introducing myself to everyone here.
N

Hey everyone! My name is Rob, been shooting since I was a kid, got my LTC last year in MA. My wife is going through the process now. Just wanted to introduce myself. Found the site by looking up information on getting LTC and if i lived in a green town ( I do). Thanks for all the information!

ETA State

Welcome to the Green Side Chuck [cheers]

Hey everyone! My name is Rob, been shooting since I was a kid, got my LTC last year in MA. My wife is going through the process now. Just wanted to introduce myself. Found the site by looking up information on getting LTC and if i lived in a green town ( I do). Thanks for all the information!
Welcome Rob. You will find a ton of helpful info on NES and a ton of great members. Enjoy!

Hi all! Longtime lurker here, which seems to be the theme for most trying to navigate Ma's Byzantine gun laws. I recently joined here and the BRPC and hope to get back into rifle competition, sporting clays, as well as new -to-me pistol skills. A decade ago I was a gold medalist in local NRA smallbore 3 position and as such, have a boatload of .22 rimfires and some old family shotguns. I'm an N.Y. transplant and have lived in mass for nearly a decade, but have been shooting, off and on again, for 20years. I'm also into modifying cars, and pretty much anything with an engine for that matter, as well as blacksmithing and mechanical fabrications. I look forward to learning and contributing as much as I can here, and in the meantime, maybe I'll meet a few of you at the firing line.

Hi all! Longtime lurker here, which seems to be the theme for most trying to navigate Ma's Byzantine gun laws. I recently joined here and the BRPC and hope to get back into rifle competition, sporting clays, as well as new -to-me pistol skills. A decade ago I was a gold medalist in local NRA smallbore 3 position and as such, have a boatload of .22 rimfires and some old family shotguns. I'm an N.Y. transplant and have lived in mass for nearly a decade, but have been shooting, off and on again, for 20years. I'm also into modifying cars, and pretty much anything with an engine for that matter, as well as blacksmithing and mechanical fabrications. I look forward to learning and contributing as much as I can here, and in the meantime, maybe I'll meet a few of you at the firing line.

Welcome to the green side!

Hello and welcome! Big fan of BR&P (assuming you mean Braintree!). I lived very close to there at one point and went a lot, went to the monthly meetings as well. Enjoyed the low-keyness of the place. I didn’t shoot on the outdoor range much, mostly just inside. Nice to have a place that’s 24/7 with no RSO (again, speaking for the indoor ranges).

Look forward to your posts.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hey All, I've been on here for a couple months now reading and trying to gather up as much info as i can. Recently just joined as i recently acquired my license in Lowell, Ma. Surprised at me getting approved as yes i am Asian and young. I've been doing a lot of reading on competition shooting and looks extremely challenging at the moment because i am still new to firearm shooting. Look forward to contributing and reading more on this forum and learning as much as i can on the regulations in mass. Hope everyone had a good day.

Hey All, I've been on here for a couple months now reading and trying to gather up as much info as i can. Recently just joined as i recently acquired my license in Lowell, Ma. Surprised at me getting approved as yes i am Asian and young. I've been doing a lot of reading on competition shooting and looks extremely challenging at the moment because i am still new to firearm shooting. Look forward to contributing and reading more on this forum and learning as much as i can on the regulations in mass. Hope everyone had a good day.
Welcome to NES!

Welcome to NES, Snitty! Thanks for the intro post. We’re looking forward to seeing your posts around the forum. Be safe and have fun out there.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Started lurking for a couple months as I was debating trying to get my license. About a month ago I started the process, scheduling a class and applying, and now I await my town. If I do receive my LTC, I should but who knows, I plan on going green but am waiting to make sure I do receive it.

Started lurking for a couple months as I was debating trying to get my license. About a month ago I started the process, scheduling a class and applying, and now I await my town. If I do receive my LTC, I should but who knows, I plan on going green but am waiting to make sure I do receive it.
Sounds good, glad to have one more person to add to the antics. Hopefully your town isn't as bad as some of the places in Massachusetts. I'm pretty lucky to live in a town that treats it as shall issue.

Back
Top Bottom