New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hello all, my name is my username, couldn’t figure out how to change it lol. I’m 32 Years old live in western mass, I served 8 years total in the Marines 4 years was active duty Infantry in a line company. My firearms experience started there until present. I’ve shot a lot of things from pistols to 84mm rockets and was a designated marksman in my platoon. I currently own only a pistol and shotgun but plan on upping those rookie numbers as money allows me too. I’m 100 percent disabled and a stay at home dad.

Hello all. I signed on a year or so ago and have decided to go green after taking in so much from this site. It is a true oasis in the communist enclave I sadly wade through each day. Being the way things are, I found it prudent to change up my name as the previous one was far too identifiable for me to comfortably do anything more than lurking. I'm thankful for a place of common sense and the experience you all bring to something I wish I had become involved with a long time ago. ;) Carry on!

Last edited:
Hello all, my name is my username, couldn’t figure out how to change it lol. I’m 32 Years old live in western mass, I served 8 years total in the Marines 4 years was active duty Infantry in a line company. My firearms experience started there until present. I’ve shot a lot of things from pistols to 84mm rockets and was a designated marksman in my platoon. I currently own only a pistol and shotgun but plan on upping those rookie numbers as money allows me too. I’m 100 percent disabled and a stay at home dad.

Hi Ryan, looks like your name got changed after all. Thank you for your service in the Marines. We look forward to you chiming in on threads around the forum... and thank you for going green!

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hello all. I signed on a year or so ago and have decided to go green after taking in so much from this site. It is a true oasis in the communist enclave I sadly wade through each day. Being the way things are, I found it prudent to change up my name as the previous one was far too identifiable for me to comfortably do anything more than lurking. I'm thankful for a place of common sense and the experience you all bring to something I wish I had become involved with a long time ago. ;) Carry on!

Hi Noel, thanks for going green! You're absolutely right, this is a great little place for gun owners to come together. Look forward to you joining the discussions around the forum.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hey all! I'm Raven!

I admittedly have very limited firearm experience, but am very interested to learn more! Most of my friends and family are very anti-gun, so I don't have a lot of people offline who would be able to help guide me through the crazy world of Massachusetts firearm laws.

My main reason for wanting a firearm is so I can learn to hunt. I'm an ex-vegan (I had to give it up because of a medical condition.) From an ethical and environmental standpoint, I'd feel much better eating wild game than farmed animals.

My only hands on experience with firearms has been shooting at a range with the Boston chapter of Pink Pistols (an organization that teaches firearm skills to LGBTQ folks.)

Hey all! I'm Raven!

I admittedly have very limited firearm experience, but am very interested to learn more! Most of my friends and family are very anti-gun, so I don't have a lot of people offline who would be able to help guide me through the crazy world of Massachusetts firearm laws.

My main reason for wanting a firearm is so I can learn to hunt. I'm an ex-vegan (I had to give it up because of a medical condition.) From an ethical and environmental standpoint, I'd feel much better eating wild game than farmed animals.

My only hands on experience with firearms has been shooting at a range with the Boston chapter of Pink Pistols (an organization that teaches firearm skills to LGBTQ folks.)

Hi Raven,

Welcome to NES! Hang around here some and I'm sure you'll make some friends and soon, you'll be hitting the range with them soon! Lurk around before asking questions, a lot of answers can be found just by searching around the forum but if you can't find what you're looking for, just ask in a thread. We (most of us) don't bite :)

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Welcome to NES! New folks should check in here and say HI!

Tell us about yourself...Where you live, your firearms experience, and how you found Northeastshooters! Thanks!
I'm a bit ashamed as I joined this group in 2009 but did very little on here. I guess it was the political climate making it potentially hazardous to peak out of the trench.

I'm a USN Vet (Submariner MM 3 (SS) USS DALLAS). I have been a N.R.A. Member and G.O.A.L. for over 25 years My finances are better now since the 2008 recession and I want to join a shooting club here in Mass. I'm interested in Reading Rifle. If any of you who are members of this club and want to meet for breakfast at " As Good as it Gets " Café in Wilmington or some other spot. I'm Looking for sponsor's. I'm interested in High power rifle competition. Pistol as well.

I work in Wilmington, MA at Scully Signal Co. About 20 years total. My eyes are still pretty good.

Thanks,

Frank Scully

Glad to see you posting Frank. You do not need to be a member of Reading to shoot the high power matches. Look at the schedule and make an appearance.

Hello! My name's Mike, I'm from PA originally, and lived in Los Angeles for awhile. I moved to Mass about three years ago, and have an unrestricted LTC-A from Cambridge. I currently live in Waltham. I have my FFL03, and shoot at MFS.

Hello all, new resident of Massachusetts ive started the ltc process (interview and prints) i am looking forward to getting back out on the firing line. Any recommendations on a range/club on the south shore (Norwood Dedham) area? I think ive come across two that look appealing but membership dues are drastically different. As well I believe one is indoors pistol only the other having both an indoor an outdoor range. I own rifles but that may change with an ltc. is that a common factor when choosing a club, pistol only?.
Thanks in advance for any input its all appreciated, tons of info here, ill head back to lurking and reading now.

Last edited:
Hello! My name's Mike, I'm from PA originally, and lived in Los Angeles for awhile. I moved to Mass about three years ago, and have an unrestricted LTC-A from Cambridge. I currently live in Waltham. I have my FFL03, and shoot at MFS.

Hi Mike, welcome to NES! Glad to have you here and looking forward to your posts around the forum.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hello all, new resident of Massachusetts ive started the ltc process (interview and prints) i am looking forward to getting back out on the firing line. Any recommendations on a range/club on the south shore (Norwood Dedham) area? I think ive come across two that look appealing but membership dues are drastically different. As well I believe one is indoors pistol only the other having both an indoor an outdoor range. I own rifles but that may change with an ltc. is that a common factor when choosing a club, pistol only?.
Thanks in advance for any input its all appreciated, tons of info here, ill head back to lurking and reading now.

Hi Hairless, welcome! Not sure about the Norwood and Dedham area but go check the gun ranges and club section and see if you find what you're looking for there. If not, ask and you might get more responses there. I'd say having indoor and indoor is definitely better than just indoor... the more options, the better. Maybe you can contact the club and see if they have an open house day or something and you can go to the facility and see it in person before really deciding.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hello all. Been ghost following the site for years ever since I relocated to NH (now MA but I want to move back to NH) from NYC. Happy to recently become a member now that I'm licensed. Looking forward to some good chats and shooting in the future.

Hello all. Been ghost following the site for years ever since I relocated to NH (now MA but I want to move back to NH) from NYC. Happy to recently become a member now that I'm licensed. Looking forward to some good chats and shooting in the future.

Hi Jazz, thanks for comin' out ;) and joining the rest of us. Look forward to your future posts around the forum.

Enjoy and stay safe,
Cindy [mg]

Welcome, my name Jack Simonton from SC, USA and glad to see me here. I found this by searching on google. I love shooting and continue it for 10 years.

hello new here, ? on identifying a maker and model,maybe what its value?

Attachments

• mouser1.jpg
    mouser1.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 7
  • mouser2.jpg
    mouser2.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 5
  • mouser3.jpg
    mouser3.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 6
  • mouser4.jpg
    mouser4.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 5
  • mouser5.jpg
    mouser5.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 5
hello new here, ? on identifying a maker and model,maybe what its value?
Welcome to NES. For future notice, this thread is just for checking in. Start a new thread for any specific questions in the appropriate forum.

Beautiful rifle. Note crescent and star from Turkey's flag and Ankara being the capital of Turkey. Googling tells me is an Ankara Mauser. The image is blurred but it looks like yours is stamped 1938 model, though that's not necessarily the year of manufacture. It's certainly just before they starting including "K.Kale" as below to show they had moved manufacturing to Kirikkale during WWII

Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 11.27.45 AM.png

Those facts and serial number ranges found at these links.
Turk Mauser - Models
Turk Mauser - Serial Numbers

Welcome to NES! New folks should check in here and say HI!

Tell us about yourself...Where you live, your firearms experience, and how you found Northeastshooters! Thanks!

Hi, I am new to the forum and recently moved from California back to MA, currently in Framingham. I was put on to your site a while back to refer to in regards to gun laws, which, crazy enough, are almost as bad as California. I would like to get involved with selling and trading some firearms. I stick to antique firearms and older battle rifles. I look forward to contributing more to the forums now that I am a permanent resident in MA.

Hi, I am new to the forum and recently moved from California back to MA, currently in Framingham. I was put on to your site a while back to refer to in regards to gun laws, which, crazy enough, are almost as bad as California. I would like to get involved with selling and trading some firearms. I stick to antique firearms and older battle rifles. I look forward to contributing more to the forums now that I am a permanent resident in MA.

Hi Ligas,

Welcome to NES! There may be open debate if MA is worse than California depending on who you talk to :p

Look forward to you posting around the forum.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hi everybody! I'm a former NJ resident now living in the great state of Washington, which unfortunately is going through some changes with its gun laws this summer. Recently, an acquaintance of mine inherited a number of firearms from a family member and has no interest in owning them, so I'm helping him get rid of them. While digging through some of his long guns, I realized a number of them date to pre-94 AWB and thought to myself, "What if we got these back into circulation in ban states like CT and MA?" Two birds with one stone, help out a fellow shooter in a ban state while simultaneously sticking it to the gun grabbers. As a former ban state resident, I understand the pain and BS you guys are going through.

Hi everybody! I'm a former NJ resident now living in the great state of Washington, which unfortunately is going through some changes with its gun laws this summer. Recently, an acquaintance of mine inherited a number of firearms from a family member and has no interest in owning them, so I'm helping him get rid of them. While digging through some of his long guns, I realized a number of them date to pre-94 AWB and thought to myself, "What if we got these back into circulation in ban states like CT and MA?" Two birds with one stone, help out a fellow shooter in a ban state while simultaneously sticking it to the gun grabbers. As a former ban state resident, I understand the pain and BS you guys are going through.

Hi MicrosoftSam! Welcome to NES. Not sure if you're asking a specific question or just giving us some 411 on your situation... either way, not sure this is the best thread to discuss that if you actually wanted to generate any talk about it. I'd try starting your own new thread in the "General Discussion" section or doing a search on the site for any specific questions you may have. Either way, thanks for signing up and look forward to seeing you around the forum.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hi Ligas,

Welcome to NES! There may be open debate if MA is worse than California depending on who you talk to :p

Look forward to you posting around the forum.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Thanks, Cindy. I did have a question in regards to these forums. Please forgive if it is right in front of me, as I haven't been involved with forums in a very long time, but I am having trouble posting new threads. There is also an alert that I have insufficient privileges to rely to posts. How do you gave those privileges? Thanks for any response.

Thanks, Cindy. I did have a question in regards to these forums. Please forgive if it is right in front of me, as I haven't been involved with forums in a very long time, but I am having trouble posting new threads. There is also an alert that I have insufficient privileges to rely to posts. How do you gave those privileges? Thanks for any response.

Hi Ligas. I guess it depends on what kind of threads you’re talking about. If you’re talking about posting a classified ad for someone you want to sell, you have to be a green (paid) member to do that, I believe. And if you want to reply to an ad (like if you’re interested in someone’s item), you can’t rely to those threads. You’ll have to private message them instead, I think.

With all that said, I’m not an admin or mod here, I’m just sayin hi to people :) if you need further help and can’t figure out how to post a new thread, if you can figure out how to PM me, you can do that or if not, post again here and I’ll try my best to help you.

Hello everyone. My name is Owen, I just moved to Vermont after 20 years away from New England. I'm still mourning the loss of my Texas citizenship, but I'll get over it someday. I moved here for work. I've been shooting since I was 9, competing since I was 11, and working in the industry since 1998.

Hello everyone. My name is Owen, I just moved to Vermont after 20 years away from New England. I'm still mourning the loss of my Texas citizenship, but I'll get over it someday. I moved here for work. I've been shooting since I was 9, competing since I was 11, and working in the industry since 1998.
Welcome back, and I'm sorry for your loss.
So I can only think of two careers in VT. Let's see if I can guess. Either Homeland Security or milking cows.
Is it one of those?

Hi all, new member here, although not new to the site. I've been lurking for a good while (not all long-time lurkers are AG plants, by the way). My name is not actually Gus, and my birthday is not really what I entered when I joined, but hopefully that is OK.

I really enjoy guns and shooting, although I am not a particularly great shot, don't compete etc. I have a modest stable of firearms; not a particularly large collection or much that is rare or exotic to brag about. I do reload for several calibers and I cast boolits for several, but am just emerging from over a year's worth of divorce after a long-term marriage and during the past year or so had to dial shooting back quite a bit, so I'm really just getting back into it.

I live in a pretty rural area with a very low population density for this part of the country. While not much of a hunter, I'm hoping that I might get my first deer this fall on my own property. I have had to shoot a quite few animals over the years though, sometimes in my underwear, that were predating the livestock I raised.

Mostly I just like guns and plinking, from .22 to .45-70. Despite not having that much in the way of a collection I'm especially interested in historical guns, revolvers, blued steel and walnut etc., but I like modern plastic guns too, in a variety of calibers and especially small concealment arms. History, mechanics, and practical use are equally interesting for me.

I tend not to be that great on keeping up with forums, but who knows, this one might be different. I have gained a lot from reading here over the last couple years and glad I now can click on pictures, etc. Who knows, I might chime in on a discussion once in a while. So I just wanted to introduce myself in case anyone wanted to know who I was if I happened to weigh in. Thanks to the founder, mods and all the thoughtful participants in this forum. You may commence hazing, if you wish.

Gusp

I borrowed my screen name from a former beloved pet...so call me Boudie. Think of me as sort of an open minded Fudd. I moved to Vermont after living in New York City for 40 years. I came looking for good motorcycling, a place that was 2A friendly, and in the throes of the opioid crisis so I could continue my third and final career in life as a substance abuse counselor. Vermont has it all. It's safe to say I have old guy tastes in shooting (that Fudd thing again) and collect S&W revolvers, .22 target pistols, and despite owning assorted Rugers, Brownings, Berettas, CZs, and Walthers, own absolutely no polymer semi-autos at all (...Fudd!!!). I'd call myself a novice handloader and since I don't hunt, tend to keep my interest in loading more in the bunny fart target zone rather than working up those full on grizzly bear dropping kind of loads. That's pretty much my story and I look forward to hanging out here with you all for a while.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom