New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hi everyone, I have a quick question before I step on any toes. First off if I need to pay for a dealer/industry account that's not a problem. I work for an engineering firm in the industry and I'm hoping to get some feedback from folks on here. We have a market research survey going for 9mm pistols that'd I'd like to post. We're giving away a Glock 19 with custom laser engraving and cerakote as part of the survey. The custom work will be done locally, here in NH, by 2A Engraving and 603 Coatings. Thanks for the consideration!

Hi everyone, I have a quick question before I step on any toes. First off if I need to pay for a dealer/industry account that's not a problem. I work for an engineering firm in the industry and I'm hoping to get some feedback from folks on here. We have a market research survey going for 9mm pistols that'd I'd like to post. We're giving away a Glock 19 with custom laser engraving and cerakote as part of the survey. The custom work will be done locally, here in NH, by 2A Engraving and 603 Coatings. Thanks for the consideration!
Welcome.

I'd suggest sending a private message to "Admin" outlining what you do and want to do. He'll tell you what you need to do wrt membership.

Hi All,
Been lurking here for a long time. Recently retired so I have a lot more time to pursue my hobbies, one of which is firearms collecting and shooting. I live out in the woods is a secluded area with a range right off of my back deck. Load my mags on the picnic table or if the weather is bad right inside the sliding glass door on the dining room table (I have a very understanding wife). I have received a lot of great info here and I am excited to now be a member. Hopefully I can post some things that might be of interest or helpful to others.

Hi All,
Been lurking here for a long time. Recently retired so I have a lot more time to pursue my hobbies, one of which is firearms collecting and shooting. I live out in the woods is a secluded area with a range right off of my back deck. Load my mags on the picnic table or if the weather is bad right inside the sliding glass door on the dining room table (I have a very understanding wife). I have received a lot of great info here and I am excited to now be a member. Hopefully I can post some things that might be of interest or helpful to others.

Welcome to NES! Like I always say, many of us are ass holes, but we are your kinda ass holes.
I already don't like you because...
1. You are retired and I am not.
2. You can shoot off your deck and I can not.
3. You have a very understanding wife. Do you have any idea how many beatings that took?
[laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

Obviously kidding. Welcome aboard!

Hey everyone! I've been lurking around for a while, but finally joined last month thanks to my brother-in-law who also got me into shooting. I really appreciate all the info available here, lot's of good stuff to reference.

Aaron

Welcome to NES !! I'd like to get my BIL into shooting too. As a target stand....

Just wanted to say hello. My name is Mark I live in North Attleboro, Heard about the forum through guys at my sportsman’s club. Old shotguns and rifles are my passion (pre 64 model 70s, Winchester Model 12s, Remington model 31s ect) and they are all I shoot. I love the craftsmanship that older guns were made with. Hand fitted and smooth as silk and the history that I will never know but can fully appreciate. Glad to be here.

Mark

Howdy folks.

I lurked on the for the past few months. I learned a lot about the LTC process and I received mine last fall.

I live on the south shore and have decided to apply to the Holbrook Sportsmen Club. Hopefully I'll be to drop off the paperwork this week.

I guess that's all for now. Thanks everyone

Welcome!

Hi everyone, My name is Steve from New Bedford, Marine Corps reservist right of high school, 8 years. I had my LTC in "95" but between life, work, family ect.. never really did anything with it. I'm in sales for a basement waterproofing company. Couple buddies at work got their LTC and sparked the interest again. Currently going into my 10th week of waiting for the renewal to come in. I'm glad I found a local forum to research and absorb peoples experiences. Plan on joining Goal and a local gun club along with pursuing different classes to further my education and awareness.

Hey, I'm from the Cape and just joined NES (and turned Green).
The wife and i got our LTC's 2 years ago and I joined Cape Cod Fish and Game club in Harwich.
She has a Ruger SR 22 but loves plinking w/ my Marlin 39a and ive got an H&k VP9.
Next on the list will be a Mini 14 hopefully.
Lots of great info on this site and maybe at some point i can contribute something useful.

Whats up, My name is Gabriel. Originally from Boston, took the course about 2 years ago but waited until I purchased property outside of Boston to apply for a LTC. Just purchased a home in Brockton last summer. Interviewed in December and just got notice my LTC was activated on 3/15/19. Just waiting for the delivery process. Im really close to the Holbrook Gun Club so if any you have an opinion on it that be great. I usually go with family to his club in Braintree which is alright. looking to pick up a Shield as a nice carry option which I have a bit of experience with. Im glad I came across this forum and will def be involved as time comes. Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Whats up, My name is Gabriel. Originally from Boston, took the course about 2 years ago but waited until I purchased property outside of Boston to apply for a LTC. Just purchased a home in Brockton last summer. Interviewed in December and just got noticed my LTC was activated on 3/15/19. Just waiting for the delivery process. Im really close to the Holbrook Gun Club so if any you have an opinion on it that be great. I usually go with family to his club in Quincy which is alright. looking to pick up a Shield as a nice carry option which I have a bit of experience with. Im glad I came across this forum and will def be involved as time comes. Thanks guys!
Welcome. Check out both Holbrook and Braintree gun clubs. They are both great and offer somewhat different ranges, so pick the one that most closely accommodates your interests. Both have websites you can check for basic info and then a visit on a Sunday morning might get you a tour by whatever members you run into there. Just bring ear protection with you.

Welcome. Check out both Holbrook and Braintree gun clubs. They are both great and offer somewhat different ranges, so pick the one that most closely accommodates your interests. Both have websites you can check for basic info and then a visit on a Sunday morning might get you a tour by whatever members you run into there. Just bring ear protection with you.

I believe the one I attended was Braintree not Quincy and I did like the 24 hour access availability, Holbrook Gun Club is less then a mile away from my residence.

Last edited:
I believe the one I attended was Braintree not Quincy and I did like the 24 hour access availability, Holbrook Gun Club is less then a mile away from my residence.

Yeah, there isn't a club in Quincy so it sounds like you went to the one in Braintree. I was a member there several years ago but then I moved out of state. If I were to move back in and in that same area again, I wouldn't hesitate to be a member there again. 24/7 indoor access without RSOs is amazing. And an outdoor range to boot. Can't beat it. Those really aren't a thing where I live now, unfortunately. I've only been to Holbrook once, no real comments there as I don't know the facility or the people.

Hi guys,

I'm a middle-aged guy living in Pepperell, MA who's pretty new to shooting sports. I currently own a Ruger Mark4, S&W 627, M&P 15-22, and a Beretta Silver Pigeon. After I put a trigger kit in the Mark4, I may try joining the Bull's-eye League at the club and I definitely want to break some clays this summer. And plain old target shooting and plinking is always fun! :)

I've been here a few times before for information and at a recent GOAL seminar he mention this site. I probably should have joined awhile ago but I really try not to sit in front of a screen too much if you know what I mean. ;-)

Hi guys,

I'm a middle-aged guy living in Pepperell, MA who's pretty new to shooting sports. I currently own a Ruger Mark4, S&W 627, M&P 15-22, and a Beretta Silver Pigeon. After I put a trigger kit in the Mark4, I may try joining the Bull's-eye League at the club and I definitely want to break some clays this summer. And plain old target shooting and plinking is always fun! :)

I've been here a few times before for information and at a recent GOAL seminar he mention this site. I probably should have joined awhile ago but I really try not to sit in front of a screen too much if you know what I mean. ;-)

Hi Nilocolim, welcome to NES. Sounds like you've got a great starting collection already. It's never too late to join. Thanks for coming into this thread and introducing yourself to the community. See you around the forum.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hey fellas, Rick here from Easton Ma. checking in. I learned about this forum from a coworker awhile ago and joined back in 2017 but never got around to posting. Great site with some really good info. I'm a member of the Taunton rifle and pistol club and looking into joining the Ames rifle club here in Easton as well. I've been into the hand guns for awhile now but just getting into the long guns. I recently acquired a pre-Healy AR lower and in the process of building one now. My other interests are old cars and motorcycles. Anyway, glad to finally make my first post.

Hey fellas, Rick here from Easton Ma. checking in. I learned about this forum from a coworker awhile ago and joined back in 2017 but never got around to posting. Great site with some really good info. I'm a member of the Taunton rifle and pistol club and looking into joining the Ames rifle club here in Easton as well. I've been into the hand guns for awhile now but just getting into the long guns. I recently acquired a pre-Healy AR lower and in the process of building one now. My other interests are old cars and motorcycles. Anyway, glad to finally make my first post.

Oops, better late than never... Hi Sacred_Steel! Welcome to NES [wave] Glad you are finally able to drop in on this thread. Sounds like you'll probably get along just fine with the rest of us. Enjoy and stay safe.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hello from Ky. I have a variety of semi auto hand guns and long guns but my current addiction is for revolvers. I belong to many forums but stumbled upon this one while searching for information about big bores. My son got me a .38 air weight smith last fathers day which led to a gp 100 which led to a redhawk. And so it goes.

Hi all I came across this forum and had to join there a treasure trove of information here and its always good to be informed .
I'm from a small town called rehoboth and now that my kids are getting older my youngest just got his licence I now have a little extra time to get more involved in shooting

Hi all I came across this forum and had to join there a treasure trove of information here and its always good to be informed .
I'm from a small town called rehoboth and now that my kids are getting older my youngest just got his licence I now have a little extra time to get more involved in shooting
Some of my best shooting experiences are with my kids. Getting the kids into the shooting sports gets to do more shooting. And it's great family time.
Win. Win. Win.

Back
Top Bottom