New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Good evening folks. I am from Mass (Worcester county) and just finished a basic firearms safety course. I am looking to get my LTC and this forum has been extremely helpful educating me on the process. I recently joined the NRA an am glad to see other like minded folks in Massachusetts.

Hi Cipher! Welcome to the NES community. Cool, I hope you get your LTC sooner rather than later with no complications. Once you receive your LTC, perhaps consider posting your town, along with how long it took to receive your license. There may be others in your town, about to apply, and want to know the timeframe and how smoothly (or not) the process went for you.

Glad you found the forum to be useful. If you sign up as a green member, not only are you supporting this awesome forum, you’ll get member rights to certain things like meet ups,, free giveaways (karma), members only threads and more!

Look forward to seeing you around on the forum.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hi Cipher! Welcome to the NES community. Cool, I hope you get your LTC sooner rather than later with no complications. Once you receive your LTC, perhaps consider posting your town, along with how long it took to receive your license. There may be others in your town, about to apply, and want to know the timeframe and how smoothly (or not) the process went for you.

Glad you found the forum to be useful. If you sign up as a green member, not only are you supporting this awesome forum, you’ll get member rights to certain things like meet ups,, free giveaways (karma), members only threads and more!

Look forward to seeing you around on the forum.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

I'm sold! Will be joining thanks.

Hello everyone,

Been lurking for a while. I’m located in Lexington, never shot until I joined the Air Force as a forward air controller and realized what I had been missing. Heard about this forum from a classmate at my law school. I’m interested in getting involved with 2A advocacy groups if anyone knows of any opportunities.

Hello everyone,

Been lurking for a while. I’m located in Lexington, never shot until I joined the Air Force as a forward air controller and realized what I had been missing. Heard about this forum from a classmate at my law school. I’m interested in getting involved with 2A advocacy groups if anyone knows of any opportunities.

Hi, tacvet. Welcome to NES. There's plenty of opportunities around. Some are that you can join and support groups like GOAL and us here at NES. Other opportunities are perhaps you can start spreading the word and getting others involved in shooting as well. Maybe convert an anti into being pro 2nd or even just try to get them to be neutral if they're super anti. Bring family and friends to the range with you and show them a safe and fun time. Be on the lookout for rallies in Boston. They happen from time to time. You'll either hear about those here on NES and/or from GOAL.

Thanks for taking the time to write an intro post for us and also thank you for your service in the Air Force.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hey everyone, I'm from Franklin,MA. I'm a longtime lurker, a several time classifieds buyer, and a relative newbie to shooting even though I'd like to think I'm better than I am. When I'm not expending brass I'm a jeeper and a carpenter. I didn't necessarily grow up around guns but I've always been a history buff and naturally fell in love with weaponscraft and tactics. I applied for my LTC in mid 2017 and bought my first handgun a few months after that, and EDC has become a staple of my lifestyle since. I've learned tons since joining, and I know I'll learn tons more (and maybe I'll write a post here and there [smile]).

- JKGizmo

Hey everyone, I'm from Franklin,MA. I'm a longtime lurker, a several time classifieds buyer, and a relative newbie to shooting even though I'd like to think I'm better than I am. When I'm not expending brass I'm a jeeper and a carpenter. I didn't necessarily grow up around guns but I've always been a history buff and naturally fell in love with weaponscraft and tactics. I applied for my LTC in mid 2017 and bought my first handgun a few months after that, and EDC has become a staple of my lifestyle since. I've learned tons since joining, and I know I'll learn tons more (and maybe I'll write a post here and there [smile]).

- JKGizmo

Hi JKGizmo! Welcome to NES. Great to have you onboard with us. Thanks for the intro post as well. It's always nice and fun to learn a little somethin' somethin' about new people joining us. Look forward to seeing you post more.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

New member from Bellingham here. Been lurking for a while. You all seem like a great group of folks. Plan to sit back and learn for a while before wading in too deep.

Hi jmorrison, welcome to NES! Thanks for the intro post. Feel free to check out off topic threads too for some more casual, general topics if you don't want to dive into the gun threads just yet. Either way, thanks for becoming a green member and supporting the community.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Greetings from North Attleborough! Not new to Forums, but new here. Started shooting when I earned my Rifle Merit Badge. Took a long break and was recently reintroduced to shooting with friend's firearms. Just paid my fee and got fingerprinted yesterday. Been doing all kinds of research here and out in the real world. Interests here include, but are not limited to Target/Skeet and military arms.

Thanks
Marc

Greetings from North Attleborough! Not new to Forums, but new here. Started shooting when I earned my Rifle Merit Badge. Took a long break and was recently reintroduced to shooting with friend's firearms. Just paid my fee and got fingerprinted yesterday. Been doing all kinds of research here and out in the real world. Interests here include, but are not limited to Target/Skeet and military arms.

Thanks
Marc

Hi, Marc! Welcomes to the NES community and welcome back to shooting! Hope you'll get your LTC soon and without too much delay. Look forward to seeing your posts about the forum.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hello everyone! As you can tell my name is Dan. I stumbled across NES a few days ago and as I live in Maine, I decided I should join. I have lived in Maine all my life and been shooting since I was 8 or 9 in preparation for hunting at 10. I recently (the last two years) have been learning to reload. I love shooting, hunting, fishing and exploring in my UTV or pickup truck. Looking forward to learning from some seasoned reloaders and fellow shooters!

Hey all! New to the forum from Rhode Island. Been shooting for a few years now and finally got my CCW. Always looking to learn more and happy to be a part of this forum.

Hi JesseeS! Welcome to NES. Congrats on getting your license. Look forward to you joining in on the conversations around the forum.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hello everyone! As you can tell my name is Dan. I stumbled across NES a few days ago and as I live in Maine, I decided I should join. I have lived in Maine all my life and been shooting since I was 8 or 9 in preparation for hunting at 10. I recently (the last two years) have been learning to reload. I love shooting, hunting, fishing and exploring in my UTV or pickup truck. Looking forward to learning from some seasoned reloaders and fellow shooters!

Hi Dan, welcome to NES! Sounds like you'll fit in just fine with us here. See you around the forum.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Evening everyone, Marine vet down in Quincy Ma. Oddly enough my flat mate introduced me to NES. I've been shooting and had my LTC for a while. Looking to build My first AR and get into precision/trigun so any help would be appreciated.

Hello all,

Im originally from out west, living in Somerville now. Been lurking on the forum for a couple of months now. Its been a great resource helping me go through the application process of getting my LTC. This is a great community, thanks a bunch to all those who have already built up such a significant content base!

Hi all--long time lurker, medium term member, short term contributor. Never made a proper intro. when I joined so here goes. Earliest memories of NES date back to my time in Indiana (circa 2010; yes, I moved BACK to MA--I'm either an idiot (highly probable) or an American patriot of the highest order who answered the call of the constitutionally oppressed and returned to a life behind enemy lines to engage in an epic battle for the second amendment (not necessarily true but a significantly better story)). Metrowest native and still in the area (this, combined with the location listed in my NES profile, may give you a hint). In the years I've been lurking around the site I've taken both a tremendous amount of enjoyment and knowledge and look forward to be able to give some back. Finally made the effort to go green this evening (way overdue). Looking forward to continued contributions.

Evening everyone, Marine vet down in Quincy Ma. Oddly enough my flat mate introduced me to NES. I've been shooting and had my LTC for a while. Looking to build My first AR and get into precision/trigun so any help would be appreciated.

Hi sahozza! High five for Quincy! I live in VA now but I'm originally from Quincy and visit there quite often still. Welcome to NES and I hope you'll enjoy our stay. Post in the threads and share in on the fun. And thank you for your service. If you're looking for a local gun shop and don't already know about it, I recommend checking out The Sportsman's Den in Quincy... on 3A / Southern Artery. Ron is a great guy.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hey name is Mike and am a retired MSP Trooper, glad to be here!! I cannot figure out how to post in classifieds ( Insert dumb cop jokes here) I has read and payed registration fee so where do you post an item and how ??

Hi Mike. Welcome to NES. I don't really used the classifieds but it looks like you should be able to just go there (Firearm Classifieds), find the category of your item (handgun, shotgun, etc), and hit the "post a new thread" button near the top and you should be able to add your description/picture there. Let us know if you're still having troubles.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hello all,

Im originally from out west, living in Somerville now. Been lurking on the forum for a couple of months now. Its been a great resource helping me go through the application process of getting my LTC. This is a great community, thanks a bunch to all those who have already built up such a significant content base!

Hi Man, welcome to NES. Whereabouts out west? I used to work in Somerville for several years (Davis Sq). Thanks for taking the time to post your intro after lurking for a while. Glad you're finding the community helpful. See you around in the forum.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hi all--long time lurker, medium term member, short term contributor. Never made a proper intro. when I joined so here goes. Earliest memories of NES date back to my time in Indiana (circa 2010; yes, I moved BACK to MA--I'm either an idiot (highly probable) or an American patriot of the highest order who answered the call of the constitutionally oppressed and returned to a life behind enemy lines to engage in an epic battle for the second amendment (not necessarily true but a significantly better story)). Metrowest native and still in the area (this, combined with the location listed in my NES profile, may give you a hint). In the years I've been lurking around the site I've taken both a tremendous amount of enjoyment and knowledge and look forward to be able to give some back. Finally made the effort to go green this evening (way overdue). Looking forward to continued contributions.

Hi bauer, welcome welcome welcome all the same. Thanks for the intro post here... many of us do enjoy reading about our new/old/lurker members. Thanks for going green and showing your support of this great community. Whether you're an idiot or not, we welcome you back to MA to re-join the fight ;)

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hi,

Moved into Boston about 6 years ago from PA. Was a very active shooter before getting married and having kids, did SASS, GSSF and IDPA for many years. Started the LTC process last September and still waiting not so patiently...

Hi DeadEye, welcome to NES! That's ok, just think about what you're gonna buy once you do get your LTC. Think of it as a celebratory purchase even if it's not your first. It'll be exciting nonetheless. And wait a minute... you applied in Sept and you're still waiting??? My condolences. I hope it'll go through sooner rather than even later for you!

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hi everyone! Been lurking here for a while and just finally joined. Raised around firearms but only recently getting back into shooting etc.. originally from northshore now I'm out by Springfield.

Hi everyone! Been lurking here for a while and just finally joined. Raised around firearms but only recently getting back into shooting etc.. originally from northshore now I'm out by Springfield.

Hi Soundwave, welcome to NES, glad to see you here. Thanks for the quick intro post. Catch ya around the forum.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hey everyone! I've been lurking around for a while, but finally joined last month thanks to my brother-in-law who also got me into shooting. I really appreciate all the info available here, lot's of good stuff to reference.

Aaron

Back
Top Bottom