New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

New to the Forum. Discovered it on a web search and found it to be interesting, in that it appears to be well managed and informative and decided to register. Returned to CT after years away, for mostly good reasons, while still knowing that the climate here is not conducive to my long lived interest and hobby. Can't say that I am happy about it, but I am trying to remain hopeful that better days are coming our way. Lived in VT, WV and then FL for a few years and now in "Good Ole CT" My thanks to all of you who do the hard work.

New to the Forum. Discovered it on a web search and found it to be interesting, in that it appears to be well managed and informative and decided to register. Returned to CT after years away, for mostly good reasons, while still knowing that the climate here is not conducive to my long lived interest and hobby. Can't say that I am happy about it, but I am trying to remain hopeful that better days are coming our way. Lived in VT, WV and then FL for a few years and now in "Good Ole CT" My thanks to all of you who do the hard work.

Hi there bzied, welcome! Yep, fight the good fight along with others here. Someone's gotta. Where in WV? I'm in VA now. I dabble over the state line to WV on occasion. Look forward to seeing your posts around the forum.

-Cindy [mg]

Hello everyone,

My name is John and I'm from Central MA. Just got my LTC after letting it expire several years ago. I originally got it for career purposes and bought a S&W 686, which I eventually sold. Never really fired it much, with the majority of my weapons training from the US Army. I've decided to get much more serious this time around. The several months wait for my license has allowed me to really research things a bit more so that I can pick the handgun that is right for me. I've taken some classes, with two more coming up through GOAL, one of them a "try before you buy" type class. Definitely want to purchase something that feels good in my hand and that I can handle well.

Once I buy a handgun and get comfortable with it at the range as well as dry firing and holstering drills at home, I'd like to take some more advanced classes that I have seen out there. My eventual goal is EDC, but I definitely want to be as comfortable with everything as possible first.

Thanks to all of you for the info you post.

John

If you are in the NW corner you should check out the club in Norfolk on Rte 44.
Northwestern Connecticut Sportsmen's Association
It's a great place to shoot and they have a variety of events open to the public.
Hope to see you on the range!
Fritz

Hello everyone,

My name is John and I'm from Central MA. Just got my LTC after letting it expire several years ago. I originally got it for career purposes and bought a S&W 686, which I eventually sold. Never really fired it much, with the majority of my weapons training from the US Army. I've decided to get much more serious this time around. The several months wait for my license has allowed me to really research things a bit more so that I can pick the handgun that is right for me. I've taken some classes, with two more coming up through GOAL, one of them a "try before you buy" type class. Definitely want to purchase something that feels good in my hand and that I can handle well.

Once I buy a handgun and get comfortable with it at the range as well as dry firing and holstering drills at home, I'd like to take some more advanced classes that I have seen out there. My eventual goal is EDC, but I definitely want to be as comfortable with everything as possible first.

Thanks to all of you for the info you post.

John

Hi John. Welcome to the NES! Thanks for the intro post. Sounds like you're prepared, have done some due diligence and will be a safe gun owner. Awesome! Oh man, several months to get your LTC? What town, if you don't mind sharing? There may be others in the same town wondering how long it'll take for their LTC. Consider becoming a green (paid) member of this community. You’ll have access to member only threads, giveaways (karma), meet ups, group buys and more importantly, you’ll be supporting a great forum that supports our 2A rights and provides a place for like minded individuals to gather and discuss freely (more or less ;))

Stay safe,
Cindy [mg]

Hi there bzied, welcome! Yep, fight the good fight along with others here. Someone's gotta. Where in WV? I'm in VA now. I dabble over the state line to WV on occasion. Look forward to seeing your posts around the forum.

-Cindy [mg]
Hi, Harpers Ferry is the town. Nice place to be.

Hi, Harpers Ferry is the town. Nice place to be.

Oh, cool! I was just there yesterday :D I love Harpers Ferry!

qL3nzhth.jpg

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

My name is Stukas and I grew up in Mass. Was always interested in firearms growing up but never owned any until i joined the Army and got stationed in Fort Carson Colorado, only buying MA legal guns because I will be moving home soon

Wish I could, but due to my fiancee's work we got to live close to the city, shoukd be moving to one of the green suburbs shortly after returning home

Welcome Stukas! Glad to have you on board the forum. Unfortunately many others here face a similar problem as you... work obligations, can't be too far from the city, etc. Oh well... so close, yet so far (to freedom).

See ya 'round [mg]

-Cindy

Last edited:
Good evening all, Oldish account, first time actually using it. I live in southern VT, been shooting regularly for about 6 years now, shotguns, handguns, rifles. Fairly well versed, built a few rifles, and handguns. I found here through a google search if memory serves.

Good evening all, Oldish account, first time actually using it. I live in southern VT, been shooting regularly for about 6 years now, shotguns, handguns, rifles. Fairly well versed, built a few rifles, and handguns. I found here through a google search if memory serves.

Hi, archamond. Welcome to the NES community. Wow, since 2013?! Glad you decided to actually use it now. Maybe you’ll even start posting in other threads too ;)

Glad to have you aboard.

-Cindy

Hello all. My name's Jon. I've been hanging around gun-people and gun-owner sites on the Web for a while, but myself am a very new shooter. I took the SIG Academy's Handguns 101 course a couple of weeks back, and hope to get more serious about shooting soon.

Hello all. My name's Jon. I've been hanging around gun-people and gun-owner sites on the Web for a while, but myself am a very new shooter. I took the SIG Academy's Handguns 101 course a couple of weeks back, and hope to get more serious about shooting soon.

Hi Jon! Welcome. Cool, glad you were able to take the course. How did you like it? Plenty of noobs here as well. Feel free to post around in the forum.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Welcome to NES! New folks should check in here and say HI!

Tell us about yourself...Where you live, your firearms experience, and how you found Northeastshooters! Thanks!
Hi my name is Steve and I just joined. Born and raised in Massachusetts (Fall River). Been shooting since I was 5 years old . NRA Life Member and GOAL . Im 56 years old and had my LTC since I was 17. I love Big Game Hunting and fishing . I been fighting for Gun Rights for years and have argued with the best of them. I believe every law abiding citizens should be able to own a firearm with no restrictions. It what are Forfathers wrote and died for there shouldn't be any bans on certain rifles. Everyone from all States should be able to own AR15 and all other semi automatics . Mental Illness is the problem not law abiding citizens. Im glad I joined this group thanks for welcoming in .

Hi, I'm from Agawam, and due to my profession, I think I'll keep most other personal info out of public view. But, I will say that I've been interested in shooting and carrying for many years, and have finally received my permit to do so in MA. I decided to join this forum so that I could talk with like-minded people about the second amendment, and how people are so willing to just throw away their rights.

See you around!

Hi folks, Darren from Dover NH checkin in. I escaped from NYS 6mo ago and this whole 'freedom' thing is slowly setting in. I'm completely new to guns and found this forum as a means to learn and reach out to like-minded people. I'm hoping to build my first ar15 within the next year, so I've been soaking up info from here and all over youtube. I've also been real interested in hunting and trapping, so hopefully I can meet some people to show me the ropes as time goes on. See ya around!

Hello, I’ve just registered and want to check in. My Username is Iorndealer but friends call me Tony. I Live In the oppressed state of NY just outside NYC and am fortunate one to have CCW permit. I’m retired and looking forward to travel up your ways once I find out how to do it legally. Hope to meet some like minded persons, support the 2nd Amendment. I’ve been at it for over 40 years but I’m sure that I can learn a few things more. Looking forward to the future and of course Happy New Year.

Hi folks, Darren from Dover NH checkin in. I escaped from NYS 6mo ago and this whole 'freedom' thing is slowly setting in. I'm completely new to guns and found this forum as a means to learn and reach out to like-minded people. I'm hoping to build my first ar15 within the next year, so I've been soaking up info from here and all over youtube. I've also been real interested in hunting and trapping, so hopefully I can meet some people to show me the ropes as time goes on. See ya around!

Welcome Darren,

I live in SALEM and have business in Somersworth. Glad your enjoying your freedoms. I would be more then happy to help you with questions or a shooting buddy when interested. I don’t do much for trapping and hunting but I am sure others on the forum can help you along.

Hi NES'ers,

New here and boy do I have a lot to learn. Always wanted to get into shooting, but kids, family, house, expenses.. got in the way. Kids are older now, so it's time for dad to have some fun. Friend at work got me into a GOAL class and 107 days later got my unrestricted LTC. Been going to MFS almost every week since trying different guns and trying to settle in on the first purchase.

Have to apologize for having my head in the sand in the past and not truly knowing what you guys were going through. It really is eye opening to learn what restrictions legal gun owners have to do\follow in MA. I'm doing my best now to learn more about the laws and educate friends about the absurdities. Slowly getting more people at work interested.

I've been lurking here for a month or two soaking in as much as I can and finally went green. Thanks to the admins\mods\regulars, you really make the site!

Hi NES'ers,

New here and boy do I have a lot to learn. Always wanted to get into shooting, but kids, family, house, expenses.. got in the way. Kids are older now, so it's time for dad to have some fun. Friend at work got me into a GOAL class and 107 days later got my unrestricted LTC. Been going to MFS almost every week since trying different guns and trying to settle in on the first purchase.

Have to apologize for having my head in the sand in the past and not truly knowing what you guys were going through. It really is eye opening to learn what restrictions legal gun owners have to do\follow in MA. I'm doing my best now to learn more about the laws and educate friends about the absurdities. Slowly getting more people at work interested.

I've been lurking here for a month or two soaking in as much as I can and finally went green. Thanks to the admins\mods\regulars, you really make the site!

Hi Labrobot,

Welcome to NES! Thanks for taking the time to write an introduction post for us all. An early congrats on your first purchase. You're doing everything right, trying out new guns before you made your choice. Everyone is different and there are many choices out there for folks.

And cheers on becoming a green member. Thank you for supporting this community. I hope you see you around the threads.

Stay safe and have fun,
Cindy [mg]

Back
Top Bottom