New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hello everyone!

First, thank you for allowing me here!
Old southern boy currently in Hawaii, possibly moving to Northern Vermont in the near future. Prior USMC/USCG and LEO. Firearms instructor, Armorer as well. Hope to be able to buy me some land and do some more shooting since in Hawaii it's very hard to get trigger time due to hardly any place to shoot. Wife and kids are hoping we get the gig in VT, looks beautiful to me and wife has always loved it there!

Anyway, stay frosty, keep on fighting for our rights and Semper Fidelis/Semper Paratus!

Areas we could potentially move to are NEK - (DL, Norton or Richford)

God bless!

I figure I would introduce myself and say hello. My first (you never forget your first) in 1989, was a S&W 66-2. It was my duty weapon back in the day when you wore a "wheel gun" to work. After switching careers, I still have it to this day and it's my favorite, though it is not what I carry any longer.

I figure I would introduce myself and say hello. My first (you never forget your first) in 1989, was a S&W 66-2. It was my duty weapon back in the day when you wore a "wheel gun" to work. After switching careers, I still have it to this day and it's my favorite, though it is not what I carry any longer.

Hi commodon, welcome!! Yes, you are absolutely correct that you never forget your first! [wink][smile]. Enjoy your stay here. Look forward to your future posts around the forum.

-Cindy

welcome sir! Newbie here myself!

Hello Good evening, My name is Erinet, I just got my class A LTC and came across this web when I was looking for info about MA laws. I've learn so much just reading here, the info is so usefull specially for a newbie like me, totally different world.

Last edited:
Hello Good evening, My name is Erinet, I just got my class A LTC and came across this web when I was looking for info about MA laws. I've learn so much just reading here, the info is so usefull specially for a newbie like me, totally different world.

Hi Erinet. Welcome to NES. Glad you're finding the forum useful. Lots of people started just like you... (lookin around for law's and finding this community). Hope you'll be able to contribute and give your opinion on various topics threads. Enjoy!

-Cindy

Hey all,

New to guns here. born and raised in Puerto Rico, currently live in Quincy, MA. never touched a gun until I married a girl from Hollis, NH and her dad took me shooting. man was it fun! currently starting my permit process and really enjoying all the valuable info here.

Cheers!

Hey all,

New to guns here. born and raised in Puerto Rico, currently live in Quincy, MA. never touched a gun until I married a girl from Hollis, NH and her dad took me shooting. man was it fun! currently starting my permit process and really enjoying all the valuable info here.

Cheers!

Hello hello Eugenio.FV. My apologies for the late welcome to the community. Quincy, my hometown! Although I moved to Virginia a few years ago, I still get into the Q from time to time. I hope you get squared away with your LTC from the QPD soon. My brother got an unrestricted LTC-A there a few years ago without any issues. Good luck and enjoy the time before you get the license. You can use it to learn all about the wonderful gun laws in MassiveTwoShits (as you have been already, it seems) and more importantly, decide what will be your first gun(s)! Looking forward to seeing you post more in the forum.

Welcome and cheers [mg]

-Cindy

Hello hello Eugenio.FV. My apologies for the late welcome to the community. Quincy, my hometown! Although I moved to Virginia a few years ago, I still get into the Q from time to time. I hope you get squared away with your LTC from the QPD soon. My brother got an unrestricted LTC-A there a few years ago without any issues. Good luck and enjoy the time before you get the license. You can use it to learn all about the wonderful gun laws in MassiveTwoShits (as you have been already, it seems) and more importantly, decide what will be your first gun(s)! Looking forward to seeing you post more in the forum.

Welcome and cheers [mg]

-Cindy

Thank you! Hopefully ill submit my application in a couple of week. Funny enough I had decided on what gun to get before I leaned of "the list", alas no MP M2.0 yet. Were you a member of Weymouth or Braintree gun ranges? Im leaning towards either of these 2.

And awesome on Virginia, I go there quite frequently as my father lives there. AWESOME breweries there!

Thank you! Hopefully ill submit my application in a couple of week. Funny enough I had decided on what gun to get before I leaned of "the list", alas no MP M2.0 yet. Were you a member of Weymouth or Braintree gun ranges? Im leaning towards either of these 2.

And awesome on Virginia, I go there quite frequently as my father lives there. AWESOME breweries there!

I was a member of Braintree R&P Club. Some good people there. Have you been there for a tour yet? If interested, PM me. I have someone that might be able to show you around.

Whereabouts in VA? I'm in NoVA (Northern Virginia). I don't really drink but yep, lots of breweries around.

Last edited:
I was a member of Braintree R&P Club. Some good people there. Have you been there for a tour yet? If interested, PM me. I have someone that might be able to show you around.

Whereabouts in VA? It in NoVA (Northern Virginia). I don't really drink but yep, lots of breweries around.

He lives in Alexandria, south of Old Town. If theres anywhere id live other than Boston or NYC, it would be Alexandria.

And thanks, ill send you a PM after this, would love a tour.

Fellow Quincy resident! I could bring you to the range in Braintree if you'd like. Would have to be over the weekend late in the afternoon though. Or pretty much any weekday night if you just want to use the indoor range.

Hi all! My name is Ron and I've been shooting for about 5 years. I live in North Smithfield, RI and I'm a member of Bradford Sportsmens Club in Bradford, RI. Looking to get some tips on gear, classes and general info from others with similar interests.

Hi all! My name is Ron and I've been shooting for about 5 years. I live in North Smithfield, RI and I'm a member of Bradford Sportsmens Club in Bradford, RI. Looking to get some tips on gear, classes and general info from others with similar interests.

Hi, Ron. Welcome to NES! Hope you enjoy your time with the community! Look forward to seeing you post your opinion on various topics and post as you find what gear and stuff works for you.

Cheers [mg]

-Cindy

The last green valley is part of the Quinabaug and Shetucket river valley with rolling hills plenty of woodland. From what I've seen of Virginia I think it is a magical place. I have spent many a happy hour fishing Lake Anna. Great land locked striper fishing.

Hi Ron I may know some people from your club. I believe some of them are members in my club.

Good Evening, My name is Marc and very happy to be here.

Just got stationed in Newport over the summer but sadly heading out again in a couple of months. I've met some great people in the NE Area and have shot at Walls of Steel up at Wallum and glad to say I shoot at Bradford Action Shooters. I've been shooting mainly pistol for about 3 years and while stationed in FL had the pleasure of training with Frank Proctor and took a beyond basics Class with Mark Palazio (Practical Defense Tactics LLC) during the Live Free or Die Shoot.

I'm primarily a competitive shooter in IDPA where I use my carry gun (4 division Expert) and USPSA (B Carry Optics). Also an NRA Basic Pistol Instructor.

Feel free to follow me on instagram @marcs671 or like my facebook page Marc Santos-Shooting
Also if you're looking for competition holsters free feel to use the code "msantos" for 10% off any Red Hill Tactical product.

I hope it's alright I shared the above info but I mainly check them if anyone has any questions and I'm more than happy to help where I can.

Thanks for having me,

Marc

Howdy all! My names Pat, finally able to post and look at the pics you all put up (thanks webmaster derek!!!) Im a Northeast MA resident. Ive been lurking since I applied for my permit in MA back in July. Bought my first 2 firearms since then, first a S & W MP 15-22 (MA Compliant), then a week later my pistol came in, a LE VP9 in FDE. Welder and Industrial Gas by trade. Now im just looking for gun clubs haha.

Good Evening, My name is Marc and very happy to be here.

Just got stationed in Newport over the summer but sadly heading out again in a couple of months. I've met some great people in the NE Area and have shot at Walls of Steel up at Wallum and glad to say I shoot at Bradford Action Shooters. I've been shooting mainly pistol for about 3 years and while stationed in FL had the pleasure of training with Frank Proctor and took a beyond basics Class with Mark Palazio (Practical Defense Tactics LLC) during the Live Free or Die Shoot.

I'm primarily a competitive shooter in IDPA where I use my carry gun (4 division Expert) and USPSA (B Carry Optics). Also an NRA Basic Pistol Instructor.

Feel free to follow me on instagram @marcs671 or like my facebook page Marc Santos-Shooting
Also if you're looking for competition holsters free feel to use the code "msantos" for 10% off any Red Hill Tactical product.

I hope it's alright I shared the above info but I mainly check them if anyone has any questions and I'm more than happy to help where I can.

Thanks for having me,

Marc

Hi Marc, thanks for posting a bit about yourself. Thanks for your service. I hope you'll continue to participate in this community even as you get stationed outside of New England.

Cheers [mg]

-Cindy

Howdy all! My names Pat, finally able to post and look at the pics you all put up (thanks webmaster derek!!!) Im a Northeast MA resident. Ive been lurking since I applied for my permit in MA back in July. Bought my first 2 firearms since then, first a S & W MP 15-22 (MA Compliant), then a week later my pistol came in, a LE VP9 in FDE. Welder and Industrial Gas by trade. Now im just looking for gun clubs haha.

Hello, Pat. Welcome aboard! Glad to have you here. Thanks for posting a little bit about yourself after some lurking. Looks like you're well on your way to having a thinner wallet [grin]

Consider a green membership at some point. You'll have access to member only shoots, meet up, threads discussions, karmas (free giveaways), and discounts on various products and group buy items. [mg]

-Cindy

What's up guys, my name's Jon live up on the NH border mass side :(. Been shooting for about 3 years now. My first firearm was a vp9. Just built an Ar15 have a 22 and a Sig 229 and glock 19, with many more to come. Been on the site for a bit, just got my green thingy. Don't know what else to say, looking forward to chatting with you guys.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

What's up guys, my name's Jon live up on the NH border mass side :(. Been shooting for about 3 years now. My first firearm was a vp9. Just built an Ar15 have a 22 and a Sig 229 and glock 19, with many more to come. Been on the site for a bit, just got my green thingy. Don't know what else to say, looking forward to chatting with you guys.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hi Jon! Welcome to the green side! If you haven't already, absolutely go "in" on the October giveaway for a chance at a FN FNX-45 (https://www.northeastshooters.com/v...ms-School-and-NES-October-Giveaway!-FN-FNX-45

Sounds like you've got a nice collection going so far. Look forward to seeing your future purchases and reading your posts in various threads on the site.

Cheers [mg]

-Cindy

Back
Top Bottom