• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

966ce532b77a9048b918eeb9e12e358e.jpg

I'm putting this picture of hot Danielle from channel 7 because I'm sick of seeing the spray painted Mac 10 with the finger on the trigger.

Sorry, carry on.

Hello everyone, I'm a new member and I thought I'd write a little about me:

My names is Ed. I live In Berlin, Ma. I'm 34 year old Marine. Joined when I was 18 years old left the Corps at 30. All my weapons experience comes from my active duty time. Id like to think that I'm pretty knowledgeable when it comes to weapons safety, although I can always learn more. I'm interested in getting my LTC Class A. I came across this forum while researching the laws in Ma. This is a great place to keep up with the laws. As well as getting tips and advice....thank you for letting me into your group

Semper Fi.

Ed

My names is Ed. I live In Berlin, Ma. I'm 34 year old Marine. Joined when I was 18 years old left the Corps at 30. All my weapons experience comes from my active duty time. Id like to think that I'm pretty knowledgeable when it comes to weapons safety, although I can always learn more. I'm interested in getting my LTC Class A. I came across this forum while researching the laws in Ma. This is a great place to keep up with the laws. As well as getting tips and advice....thank you for letting me into your group

Semper Fi.

Ed

Hi Ed. Be sure to protect your rights and thank you for fighting for ours!

http://www.goal.org/

http://comm2a.org/

https://home.nra.org/

Last edited:

Semper Fi.

Ed

Man are you going to hate the neutered civilian versions. [laugh]. Welcome aboard Ed.

Hello. My name is Ryan Fahey, I am 22 years old and live in Braintree, MA. I am scheduled for an interview with the Braintree Licensing Officer this upcoming Tuesday. I will be applying for my LTC unrestricted. I understand Braintree is somewhere between a green and red town. I've been shooting for several years now, I want to school in Maine and everyone up there had a gun, so it was fairly frequent to drive out into the woods and have some fun. Any tips/help for those who went through the process successfully in Braintree is appreciated!

Hey guys, grateful bean here logging in from Barnstable. Just put in my app for unrestricted LTC, looking forward to my interview which I know will be coming since I have a +CORI, but no convictions! anyways thanks for all the info on this site

Hi all! I'm CK and I hail from Westborough. I've had my FID since 18 (I'm 33 now) and I've had my LTC for about a month now. I've always had a passing interest in firearms and shooting but my very active lifestyle didn't really allow for me to dedicate the the necessary time required to take it further. I sat on applying for my LTC for almost two years after completing the required classes at MFS in Holliston (where I'm now a member). However in the last year I've had a series of spine surgeries which make my previous hobbies like running, hiking, lifting and playing golf no longer viable options. I decided that shooting would fill the whole in my life that I wasn't getting from the countless hours of exercise I was used to. It would allow me practice hand eye coordination and get out of the house without me having to worry about re-injury. Also the idea of concealed carry does give me a small sense of ease as my disability wouldn't allow me much fight or flight in any situation. In the past few months as I've been trying to learn more this new hobby, NorthEast Shooters has been BY FAR. The best resource. Anytime I had a question, I would fire it right into google. After about five or six times of clicking on some random garbage, I invariably ended up here with the correct info. If you have the misfortune of being both a second amendment enthusiast and Massachusetts resident, this site is must read.
A little more about me... I'm a huge sports fan. My teams are the Denver Broncos, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins and Avalanche. I also like some college teams, but I know nobody cares about that around here. I was born in Colorado, but my mom is from out here, hence the strangely aligned sports loyalties. And no, I'm certainly not just a bandwagon Broncos fan after our victory in Super Bowl 50! Along with that interest in sports comes a huge interest in fantasy sports, especially baseball and football. I love the numbers game! I like to play video games, right now I play The Division, Destiny, Star Wars Battlefront and Madden amongst many others. I'm an animal lover. I have a yellow lab, two cats and a very large aquarium with some koi fish. If I were to hit the lottery I would like to use the proceeds for a dog shelter. I still try to enjoy the outdoors when I can, but my disability makes it difficult.
I look forward to being part of this community. I know I still have lots and lots to learn so please be easy on me when I ask something stupid.

found you guys by researching MA gun laws

from Canada moved to Mass.. had a restricted permit in Canada years ago but it expired.. just took my NRA basic pistol course

I've been shooting pellet guns and .22's since I wa 10 but limited hand gun experience other than a few times with my grand father and once with an uncle

Hi! We just got registered on the forums here as a dealer. We're New England's largest safe retailer. We carry a number of manufacturers and have been in business for over 40 years. (This is redundant to our signature)

We're happy to see how much of an impact we have made in the NES community as we find our name in many gun-safe posts!

We're happy to offer advice on safe purchases & services, and we are happy to educate on the products that we and others carry. People don't typically make safe purchases regularly, so we are happy to inform on the subject that may be foreign to many. There are no dumb questions, but lot's of great products (and bad products) out there to choose from.

Hello everyone! I'm Jason.....been registered on here for a while but didn't get a chance to introduce myself. I live in MA about 30 minutes or so northwest of Boston. I've had my LTC Class A for a while now. I spent 8 years in the US Marine Corps deploying twice to Iraq for OIF. A lot of great information on here!

Hello all! My name is AJ and just recently found this great forum. There is a ton of useful information here and it has helped me greatly in making my decision to apply for my ltc. I was fingerprinted yesterday and was told 8 to 12 weeks. Unfortunately I'm in Springfield so it doesn't feel likely that it will be unrestricted. Anyway, thank you to all of you for passing on your knowledge. It is a great help to people just starting out.

Hi all! I'm CK and I hail from Westborough. I've had my FID since 18 (I'm 33 now) and I've had my LTC for about a month now. I've always had a passing interest in firearms and shooting but my very active lifestyle didn't really allow for me to dedicate the the necessary time required to take it further. I sat on applying for my LTC for almost two years after completing the required classes at MFS in Holliston (where I'm now a member). However in the last year I've had a series of spine surgeries which make my previous hobbies like running, hiking, lifting and playing golf no longer viable options. I decided that shooting would fill the whole in my life that I wasn't getting from the countless hours of exercise I was used to. It would allow me practice hand eye coordination and get out of the house without me having to worry about re-injury. Also the idea of concealed carry does give me a small sense of ease as my disability wouldn't allow me much fight or flight in any situation. In the past few months as I've been trying to learn more this new hobby, NorthEast Shooters has been BY FAR. The best resource. Anytime I had a question, I would fire it right into google. After about five or six times of clicking on some random garbage, I invariably ended up here with the correct info. If you have the misfortune of being both a second amendment enthusiast and Massachusetts resident, this site is must read.
A little more about me... I'm a huge sports fan. My teams are the Denver Broncos, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins and Avalanche. I also like some college teams, but I know nobody cares about that around here. I was born in Colorado, but my mom is from out here, hence the strangely aligned sports loyalties. And no, I'm certainly not just a bandwagon Broncos fan after our victory in Super Bowl 50! Along with that interest in sports comes a huge interest in fantasy sports, especially baseball and football. I love the numbers game! I like to play video games, right now I play The Division, Destiny, Star Wars Battlefront and Madden amongst many others. I'm an animal lover. I have a yellow lab, two cats and a very large aquarium with some koi fish. If I were to hit the lottery I would like to use the proceeds for a dog shelter. I still try to enjoy the outdoors when I can, but my disability makes it difficult.
I look forward to being part of this community. I know I still have lots and lots to learn so please be easy on me when I ask something stupid.

CK,are you sure your on the right forum? From your post it sound like your applying for the Miss America contest LOL! Just kidding welcome,there is a lot of good people,and info on this forum.

Hi All,
David from sutton...found you guys looking for mass commie gun laws. Literally. Already have learned a ton on the site! Thanks!

Hey folks, I'm Steve, live in Marlborough, been hunting (rifle & shotgun) forever. Lived in MA for 2 years and just got my LTC, which took about 6 months total. This site has been a huge help already, but I'm looking forward to bouncing ideas off NES as I look for my first handgun.

God help us, we're moving to Massachusetts!

Hi all, Minnesotan here. Pending an offer letter we will be moving to Boston. Looking forward to getting to know the MA shooting sports scene and getting involved with local firearm advocacy.

Now I just need to fix up the house, sell it, find a new house, trade all my non compliant stuff, and hope we end up somewhere that'll issue me an unrestricted ltc.

Good times.

This site has already been a great resource, happy to be here.

Hi all, Minnesotan here. Pending an offer letter we will be moving to Boston. Looking forward to getting to know the MA shooting sports scene and getting involved with local firearm advocacy.

Now I just need to fix up the house, sell it, find a new house, trade all my non compliant stuff, and hope we end up somewhere that'll issue me an unrestricted ltc.

Good times.

Very sorry to hear this. Keep in mind that possession of ARs/AKs and ~13 other so-called AWs plus ANY >10 rd rifle mags (no such thing as pre-ban) or >6 rd shotgun (including tubes) are ILLEGAL in BOSTON (and their various villages), so plan on NOT living in the City (or its villages) or Brookline or Watertown and you should be better off.

Good times.

SMALL World connsolo, I'm from MN as well, just west of the twin cities.

I'm new too, but it sounds like I'm a bit further along in the process if you have any MN to MA transition questions.

SMALL World connsolo, I'm from MN as well, just west of the twin cities.

I'm new too, but it sounds like I'm a bit further along in the process if you have any MN to MA transition questions.

That was home for the owner of this forum. PM "Admin" and he'll convince you to move to NH instead of MA! [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom