New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

So, I'm told you guys do get-togethers every now and then? That'd be sweet to go to some time.
Welcome, Rob! We do have get-togethers, but that's reserved for when you go green and join the Members section.

In fact, there's a lunch in Worcester next week and a shoot on June 1 coming up... not to mention the Karma giveaways (shooting mat, safe dehumidifier, gun-shaped vase, suit bag all are being given away right now...) and the group buys - you missed out on custom engraved AR lowers, 1911 multitools, MAXpedition gear buys - but don't worry; there'll be more courtesy of Capt Sticky AKA C-Pher, I'm sure. All available to you when you go green and become a paid member.

(lord, I sound like a pusher... hey, little boy, want to join NES?)

Hi everyone,

I'm new here. I was referred by a THR member.

A little about me:
- Turned 21 on the 13th of this month
- Filed my LTC Class A application the same day
- Never shot before

Yes, I'm 21 years old, and I've never shot before. :(

So, I'm told you guys do get-togethers every now and then? That'd be sweet to go to some time.

Hey Rob87,

Glad you made your way over here. I try not to push the site on other forums but I knew you would fit in nicely.

I would be more then happy to show you to my club to get some plinking in. Have you already completed your safety course?

Look forward to having you in our discussions.

Hey all.. Great to be here. Lots of good info and plenty of likeminded individuals...I'm slowly building my collection, and I'm always down to go to the PUBLIC RANGE down the street from my house. If anyone is interested we'll be going up THIS SATURDAY-24/5/2008. PM me or whatever...............

Hello All,
My name's Mike and I live in Westford, MA. I've been lurking here for a while. I've gathered lots of great information. I took the Home Firearm Safety course at the Westford Sportsmen's Club last Saturday (thanks Rick & Jim). I submitted my membership application at the club Monday and dropped off my permit application the PD in Westford on Tuesday. I joined the NRA and GOAL a few weeks ago and finally pulled the trigger and went green on NES this evening!

Long-Time Lurker, First Time Poster

Good morning, folks. I found this site while I was searching for information on Massachusetts gun laws and found such a wide range of topics and current information that it is now on my browser's Favorites list.

Having reached middle-age without so much as having held a firearm, the prospects of November's presidential election gave me pause as to the preservation of our 2nd Amendment rights (think back to 1994). It seemed a good time to secure this right while it is still available and relatively unencumbered. I signed up for the Basic Firearms Safety Course, and found that I wasn't the only person thinking along these lines. The facility eventually doubled the classes offered to accommodate the volume. I applied for my LTC-A and received it five weeks later, with no restrictions. My town processes approximately 1,000 permits per year, and the process was conducted in a professional and straightforward manner.

Finally, I purchased a Sig Mosquito in .22LR to acclimate myself to shooting. I took it to the range last night and fired 200 rounds of several types of high-velocity ammunition. It functioned flawlessly, and I put more rounds on paper than I missed at 15 yards (I know, big deal). As I wear bifocals (nearsighted) I was using a clip-on peep-hole aperture on non-prescription safety glasses and was able to get both front/rear sights and the target in clear focus. By the way, this arrangement was gleaned from NES postings.

I will be going Green soon and will be looking forward to more frequent contributions to this great site.

Welcome Make it in Mass! Congrat's on your first purchase and getting yourself armed and out there.

The great thing about the Sig is that it will get you used to operating the functions of larger caliber defensive weapons as it works, more or less, the same as the rest of the Sig line (and others).

hey folks -- new to the forum >>

just applied for my ccw, which i will most likely be denied because apparently the constitution does not apply in watertown.

hopefully i will at least be given class A LTC "target shooting only".

little history: been shooting since i was a kid. my dad is a big duck hunter -- never got into hunting, but i always loved sport shooting. skeet, trap, etc. i'm 33 now and don't have many opportunities to shoot with him (work, baby,etc) so i've decided to get into pistol shooting. took my gun safety and got all the required paperwork together -- met with the firearms division (a detective) in watertwon, and was basically told flat out that they are very strict and i would most likely not be able to get ccw.

i figured i would try for the toughest one just to excercise my right. i guess i know how far that goes!

Hi y'all! I've been shooting since I was probably around 14 or 15 and have now gotten my first gun. That's got me down at the range quite a bit, and also active on a couple of forums. In addition to NES, I spend a good amount of time on Glocktalk (I'm a proud owner of a Glock 20C), TheHighRoad, and occassionally TheFiringLine.

I call Millis, MA my hometown, but currently reside in New York City. I'm not 100% percent sure how I found this group. I believe I was looking up either a legal issue or a discussion on the difference between pre-ban and post-ban mags, and followed a link to NES.

Wow, a lot of new folks since I last looked at this thread!. Welcome one and all to the wonderful addiction that is NES. It only gets worse, so you might as well go GREEN now and get it over with. [laugh2] It will be the best $19 you ever spent. Really. It's only $19. You won't deplete your entire life savings on group buys. Really. [rofl]

You must be a salesman.
Nope, phone tech.
These outings sure sound fun.
They are!
One other question: Is it okay for newbies to come to things once they're a paid member? Like I said a few pages back, I've never even shot before. I guess I'd feel out of place going to a get-together having never shot before. [thinking]
SURE!!! What, you think a paraffin test is part of the secret handshake? [wink]

Seriously - 11:45 at the Texas Roadhouse on Lincoln St in Worcester tomorrow morning. Come on down if you can. Or to either of the two shoots within the next month or so (oops, sorry - forgot that the Sippican signup is over - but there's still the Independence Day shoot).

Rob87 I shoot at the Haverhill Hound Rod and Gun

The only way to meet the members is to get to a outing or other event. Its a great crew you will be talking it up before you know it.

Just Joined

Lived in MA all my life, been shooting since I was six, had FID when I was 15 and on my way to LTC until the laws all changed. Now I am 32 and received my LTC class A ALP little over a year ago, caught up to where I want to be, hunting, collecting, shooting, I am back in the game. These MA gun laws are out of control for the collector and I am letting our elected officials know. Good to be among fellow shooters that DON'T think owning a gun means you are crazy or dangerous to society.

Good to be among fellow shooters that DON'T think owning a gun means you are crazy or dangerous to society.
Welcome, FirearmAddict - you'll find a lot of folks here who share your addiction! *cough*Milsurps4Me*cough*USMA-82*cough*

I'm glad you added those last two words to your last sentence, BTW.
where does it say we aren't crazy or dangerous?
Dangerous to society, Rob... I don't know about you, but I think that there are a LOT of dangerous people here... dangerous to the kind of thug that lurks in dark alleys and tries to break into homes, that is.

Lived in MA all my life, been shooting since I was six, had FID when I was 15 and on my way to LTC until the laws all changed. Now I am 32 and received my LTC class A ALP little over a year ago, caught up to where I want to be, hunting, collecting, shooting, I am back in the game. These MA gun laws are out of control for the collector and I am letting our elected officials know. Good to be among fellow shooters that DON'T think owning a gun means you are crazy or dangerous to society.

I grew up in Western Mass way back. The above statement is why I moved to Maine 31 years ago. You can walk into any gun store and buy any handgun, provided you pass the Federal background check, and nobody thinks twice about it. There are "progressives" moving in from southern New England so we do have to be on our guard. Politicians confuse social and economic problems with inanimate machines.

Good afternoon!

Yes, as expected, I'm one of the many newbs you'll be meeting thanks to the Boston.com/Boston Globe article.

I'm 30, a Legal Systems Admin for an IT company in Wilmington, MA, and am hopefully a soon to be Class A ALP license holder, along with my wife. We'll be joining GOAL soon, as well.

Glad to be amongst good company!

Jason

Hello all

Hello just a bit about myself. I reside in West Springfield MA. and work in downtown Springfield. I first got into Hunting in the late 90s but havent gone in several years...kids and all, but this year I will get out...any good location tips much appreciated. I used to frequent packing.org...but it seem it no longer exists. I began CCW after a threat by a youth that was gang involved. (Need a new job) Currently a member of Smith&Wesson, but looking for a sportsman club. Currently own a Rem 1100 12 ga, Savage Scout 308, Moss 12 guage, Para Warthog 45, and a SW40P. Two kids so I keep everything in a large safe in the back room which is useless if needed. Any safe suggestions for that also appriciated. I'll be posting hopefully the right questions in the right forums as I get to it. Just happy to find a local gun chat sight.

Last edited:
Welcome, hope you like it here. Westfield has a great gun club if you are interested. I give you kudos on your job. We're out here in W. MA also. I'm sure others will be around to answer your other questions.

Dealer Greeting from Concord NH.

Hi, new to NES forum....

I am the owner of Umlaut Arms LLC as well as www.50beowulf.com

We are located in Concord NH. We have a FFL partnership out of Londonderry NH as well. We are one of (if not) the Largest Dealer / Distributor of AR15's, Parts, and Accessories.

We do a lot of volume and try to keep our prices competitive. Email us for specials of "New Englander" Price Breaks since some of our products have strict MAP's.

Header-0004.png

Back
Top Bottom