New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Awesome Rob, glad to hear of your success on getting the LTC-A
Enjoy the forum, think about going green and you won't be disappointed.
See you in the discussions :)

Hi, I just joined the NES forum; I'm in Southeastern MA and have been shooting for @ 8yrs. I found NES while searching for some military 1911 history. It looks like there are lots of folks here with much to share and I'm looking forward to checking out the whole site.

Hello Everyone:

Just joined the forum.
Served in USMC 1972-75- MOS -0311 qualified with M-14, M-16, Model 1911
Looking to get to know a few former Marines or Civilians here as well as brush up on a few techniques.
My user name, B.R.A.S.S....well if you went through USMC Weapons training you will know what it means..if not, well you just have to get to know me somewhat.

Current weapons, Springfield M1A- S&W 1911 SS- Baretta 9mm SS- Benelli M-4 (12G)- LMT 5.56mm

BRASS

Welcome to the two newest folks, Mayo and BRASS. I hope you enjoy NES. Semper Fi, BRASS.

n1oty:

Thanks for the welcome....Semper Fi to you as well.
I served in Camp Schwab, Okinawa just outside of Henoko Village in 73...went to Jungle Survival school there as well as being with 3rd MARDIV, 3Bn, 8th Marines...Hell in a Helmet. Discharged from Lejune in 75...yep good ole town of Jacksonville, NC. Man do I ever remember the cattle car ride from the airport (Okinawa) to base...better yet the salt near the front doors laced by Mamasans as a warning..in Henoko

BRASS

Last edited:
New Guy Checking in.

My name is Bill Vining and I am a knifemaker from Methuen getting back into the sport after a very long hiatus. I was very active in shooting sports back in the late 70s and early 80s. I was an active member of the GBPL and also participated in Big Bore IHMSA. Hard times back in the 80's forced the sale of all my firearms and I eventually got out of the sport completely. My LTC eventually expired.

Recently, my 13 year old son went to the range with my Brother in Law and his boys and is showing great interest in shooting. Due to his interest, I started looking around for Jr Programs and hooked up with Larry Forman. He will begin training with Larry in his Jr's Program very soon.

My wife and I are currently going through the process of getting our LTC's and I am already looking at firearms. Prices are not what they used to be!!

Here is a short list of previously owned:
S&W 46 (older economy model of the 41)
S&W Model 29
TNT Arms 30-TNT Wildcat IHMSA Big Bore
Ruger Balckhawk
Ruger Mar4k II
Colt Gold Cup

A quick shout-out to a few of my knifemaking buddies here, Dave Schott and Mike Spangler.

Thanks...........Bill

Hello Bill,

Welcome to the forum, very glad you found us here.
Happy to see you going through the process of getting you and the wife licensed again.
Even happier to see you letting your son get into the sport.

Enjoy the site and look forward to having you in the discussions.

Ha, I've been posting and messaging for a few weeks now and just noticed this thread...great idea.

I'm 38 and live in Topsfield, MA. I've had pretty limited exposure to firearms in my life. I've been meaning to get into it for years -- for the skill of shooting, defensive purposes, and my general interest. Living in Massachusetts there's such a wall that state gov't puts up, but I finally decided I needed to take the initiative.
I did my training class at Ipswich F/G in early March and had my police interview a few weeks ago -- approved for LTC-A all lawful purposes. So, any day now I should be legal. I've been reading everything I can find, learning the hobby/sport, and "training" at Bob's in Salisbury with a buddy of mine.

I have developed some serious pent-up demand for guns.[smile] I'm generally into tactical style handguns/shotguns and evil black rifles (although I do have a fascination for the M1 Garand). Hmmm, could probably be talked into trying hunting, too.

I joined here because this is the best forum I've found on all general shooting topics, and particularly on legal and advocacy issues unique to us MA residents.

Hi All, I'm Meg from Sandwich Ma. I just got my ltc about a month ago and am in the process of shopping for something that I like and works for me. I joined the site because Scott D. sent me a few links to different Ma laws on here. I poked around and found there's a ton of knowledge.

So I'm not really new, I've been lurking quite a bit. I'm Matt. Just filled out all my paperwork to apply for my LTC-A, just need to write my letter(Which I have no idea what to do, if anyone can help please PM me.) I'm from Peabody(wish me luck). Generally, I got to Bobs in Salisbury to shoot(because I can rent there and it's inexpensive).

Hello and Welcome to gunclinger, mightyjeeper (meg) and lok32687 (matt)

Happy to have each one of you here. Glad to see the referrals back to NES from the various sources.
You will come to enjoy the site for sure. Have fun and jump in the discussions.

Hi all. My name is Tom and I live in Southeastern, MA. I've had my FID since I was a kid, and have enjoyed shooting trap and rifles off and on through the years. I finally got my LTC-A a little over a year ago, and very recently joined Sippican Rod & Gun Club in Rochester, MA.

I enjoy this site for all the good information, and the banter between many of you is great reading too. : )

Hello to everyone my name is Eric... I had my FID card as a kid and then it lapsed. I am going to take the basic safety course at Mass Firearms School next week to get my class A. I am from Wilmington originally and they have a good rep for giving out A, ALPs but now live in Lexington. On the site Lexington is listed as a green town so hopefully everything goes quickly and smoothly. Thank you all for all of the information I have already found and I look forward to being informed for a long time to come.

Hello Force (Tom) and ehiltz (Eric)

Welcome to each one of you. I am glad to see you both getting back into the hobby. I hope you can both enjoy the forum as much as the rest of us. Also think about going green as a paid member - the benefits are awesome and just attending one shoot makes it all worth while :)

Hey Matt good luck to you! I'm also in Peabody and trying to get in touch with Det Olsen is driving me crazy. Now i know that he has plenty of other things to do but damn I've been waiting a long time. Since i work during the day sun-wed hard for me to get to the station to see if he is there. Will be going first thing tomorrow, hopefully then i can get something from the Kittery Trading Post for my B-Day.

Hi all. I'm Luke or Lush or whatever you choose to call me is fine ha. I grew up outside Worcester and settled on the South Shore after returning from active duty a couple years ago. Ive been around the forum a bit but plan on getting more involved then I have been. Met a few of you guys and look forward to meeting more in the future.

R/
Luke

Hello Luke,

Thanks for your service, we are glad to have you here.
Happy you came over to the welcome thread to introduce yourself.
We appreciate the support of the forum by going green.
Enjoy the forum and see you in the discussions.

Hey Matt good luck to you! I'm also in Peabody and trying to get in touch with Det Olsen is driving me crazy. Now i know that he has plenty of other things to do but damn I've been waiting a long time. Since i work during the day sun-wed hard for me to get to the station to see if he is there. Will be going first thing tomorrow, hopefully then i can get something from the Kittery Trading Post for my B-Day.

Good luck to you as well! Apparently we are in for a long road of disappointment heh.

Hey loki just found out this morning that he is on vacation. Desk officer told me that he should be back in on monday at 8 am, but now
I'm getting conflicting stories as to how the license will come. Some say that it should come right to me, but I remember us talking about it going to the station. Still not to sure though. On a separate note on that though on Monday the 18th i had to renew my drivers license online, and it showed up today in the mail. My LTC has been in the works since before march. Just hope i get it before all the goodies are gone from Four Seasons.

Whats up NES. My name is Paul and I am from Barnstable MA. I have been shooting off and on for a while now but I recently got my own LTC and have been making much more frequent trips to the range. Neat forum you guys got here with LOTS of info, glad I came across it.

I'm Steve. Just joined today after meeting a couple of members at a PPIH class yesterday. I was impressed with the amount of information that is shared here and it will be nice to have others to discuss firearm-related topics with and meet at shoots, etc.

My interests are CCW, tactical training opportunities, and exercising our Second Amendment rights.

Hello m60lmg (paul) and TacGuy (steve)

Glad to have you both on board here. Happy you both are getting active in the hobby.
I am pleased to see the referral to the site - I am sure your going to enjoy the forum as much as the rest of us.
Jump in the discussions.

Noob here. Long time class A license holder, but have not shot since back in the 80's in the service. Taking a class in N. Attleboro with a buddy to get back into it. May need to look at a purchase soon (if I can get it by the wife). Any advise on good gun shops would be welcomed. Also, is Bass Pro a good option for hand guns?

Thanks,
Tim

Hello Tim,

Welcome back into the hobby. Glad to see your interest is back with you and your actively seeking something new to shoot with.
Since your down the south shore at trip to Zero Hour Arms is a must :)

Enjoy the site

Hello all, just another FNG to the site...been around firearms almost all of my adult life, having served 9+ years in the military, in intelligence and special operations, and 14+ years in LE.* I'm currently a Patrol Sergeant in a municipal police department of about 120 officers in Southwestern CT. I'm a Field Training Officer Supervisor, Pursuit/Emergency Vehicle Operations Instructor, former member of our plainclothes Crime Suppression Unit, and Court Liaison/Warrant Officer. I served in the US Army, both Active Duty & CT National Guard, for a total of 9 1/2 years (from '89-'98) with the large majority of that on AD. I served with the LRS/LLVI teams at 102d MI Bn 2nd Inf Div in the ROK as a 98G Voice Interceptor (Korean) before PCSing to the 2nd Bn 1st Special Forces Group (Airborne) at Ft Lewis, WA, where I was in the MID as a SOT-A team member. I was cross trained as an 18E SF Commo Sgt. and attached to ODA-144 (MFF/HALO) and ODA-142 in A Co. I have also attended Ranger School, LRS Leader Course, Jumpmaster School, SERE-High Risk, and several other military schools/courses. I also was one of many first responders that assisted at Ground Zero immediately following the aftermath of 9/11/01.

I've trained at Blackwater USA, Thunder Ranch, Gunsite, and Valhalla. I'm hoping to get into some competitions this year, like IDPA and multi/3-gun stuff, for some extracurricular fun and training.

I'm looking forward to meeting new people with similar likes, sharing my knowledge and experiences, and learning from others as well. Thanks for having me.

Welcome to NES snake eater 332. We have a lot of veterans here representing all of the military services and from multiple era's. You'll fit right in. Enjoy!!

Hi folks. Pretty much just starting out (thanks to Fooped & Siggrl) and still need to put in for my license, but I have learned an absolute TON through NES (sooo much more to learn) and have met many very cool people. It is spectacular to see how helpful you all are and how willing to share your knowledge, support, and toys. I hope I will soon be able to pass along some of the same. This forum is a great, great thing.

Hello AtticTroll,

Glad to have you enjoying the board, and meeting some of the fine members.
Wish you the best throughout the LTC process.
Enjoy the forum and look forward to seeing you in the discussions.

Hey, I just saw this post. I just posted something similar in the membership forum, please forgive the repetition if you’ve already be subjected to that. My name is Scott, I’m from Boylston, MA. Just outside Worcester. I’m not a very experienced shooter mostly just plinking with 22s and a single shot 12 gauge my grandfather left me until now. I am however looking forward to getting more involved in the shooting community. I’d really like try my hand at some IDPA or other such things once I get few more rounds down range.

I discovered this forum when researching the process of applying for a Class A LTC. I’m glad I did, it proved to be a wealth of information not only in the application process, but in helping me nail down my decision of both my first range/HD and EDC.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience. Much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom