New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hello LUVG274LIFE,

Welcome to the forum.
Patience is key grasshopper.
Hope to see you posting in the discussions soon.
Best of luck on the LTC process; enjoy and be safe.

Hi all,
Been here a year now and re-upped my green membership. I'm not much for posting but realized I never stopped in to say hi.
I want to say thank you to all the level-headed people here I have learned so much from reading this past year.

I live in Middleboro, MA and grew up shooting BB guns, 22s, and shotgun (clays). Only in the past couple of years have I started learning about self defense and handguns in general, of which Northeast shooters has been a wealth of great information and people.

Thanks again and hopefully one of these days I'll get to meet some of you in person.

Hello and never too late for a welcome here :)
Glad you have enjoyed the site and yes being green you must make it to one of the NES shoots - its a blast for sure :)

Hi to all from CT. Have had my pistol permit for years, but never bought anything. Just believe in the 2nd amendment and every voice counts. Recently got an XD(M) 9mm and a Saiga 12. Now looking for a youth .22 rifle to take my grandson shooting. After that probably an AR.

Hello Z-Man,

Some nice acquisitions to get you back in the mix :)
Look to pass the tradition down to your grandson that deserves +1 rep right off the bat.
Enjoy the site!

Hello everyone, new to the site and just wanted to say hi. My name is Jason I live in Westort MA. I have worked for 2 police dept in R.I and currently working in the nuclear security fireld. I have a few guns including my AR 15 and looking to add more to my collection. A good co worker advised me about northeast shooters and cant wait to explore this site more.

Hello everyone....I just recently joined the site after a recommendation from a friend. Looks like alot of great info and good advice here...

Looking to buy my first handgun soon, but still trying alot out. Just recently became licensed in CT and have been hitting the range every few weeks to become familiar with different varieties of firearms.

Hello there,
My name is Paul and I live in Westport MA. My girlfriend and I are both going through the process of getting out class A LTC. We have taken the pistol safety class from a travelling instructor working out of Norton. I'm in the blood business and I work out of one of those big hospitals in Boston, where I am in charge of the hematology lab and I taught a few courses at Northeastern university for a few years until the Medical technology program got scrapped. I have experience shooting handguns, rifles, shotguns and muzzleloaders. Back in the 80's when I had my "junior" hunting license I realized that hunting required patience so I spent most of the time shooting at tin cans and cinderblocks in the backyard. When I moved to MA from RI, I applied for a F.I.D card and spent a good amount of time at the New Bedford firing range. Then one day my wallet ended up in the wash and my F.I.D card had dissolved. When I applied for a new FID card, they told me that the hunting safety course that I took back in the 80's didn't count and that I had to take another class and reapply. I had to give my small collection to someone that could legally possess them and I have been waiting until I have both the time and the money to go ahead and get my class A. I discovered this site last week and it was very helpful, I learned that Westport, MA is one of those "green" towns and how I should handle the class A application process.

Hey all, brand new here. My name is Jeff, I live in Yarmouth Ma. and I am 32 and have been shooting for about 20 years. I was bouncing around the web looking into Mosin Nagants and came across an ad from Acme Armament. Looks like a really neat site you have here.

Hey all, brand new here. My name is Jeff, I live in Yarmouth Ma. and I am 32 and have been shooting for about 20 years. I was bouncing around the web looking into Mosin Nagants and came across an ad from Acme Armament. Looks like a really neat site you have here.

Welcome. having made the trip to Acme, I can say you will not be disappointed with their service or selection. Great people to deal with.

Hello there,
My name is Paul

Hey Paul,

Glad to have you on the board. As you can already tell the licensing here in MA is a pain but I am glad to hear you and your girl are going through steps. You will have a good time here on the forum and hope to see you in the discussions.

Hey,

My name's Jim, 29, Currently living in Somerville, but I grew up in NH. I've been shooting for about 20 yrs. Mostly handguns and shotguns, but some rifles as well.

I went to school in upstate NY and lived in the city of Boston previously and didn't even bother with licensing in either case, but I'm going through the process in Somerville now. I've been researching the licensing process since I moved to MA, so I've been reading the forum posts here for a while. I just joined now because it might just become a reality!

-Jim

Hello Jim,

Welcome to the forum, you will find yourself right at home here. Another "dirty" user don't abuse the title :p

Welcome to all the new folks. Nice to have some fresh meat to grind *smile*

Jump right in and say hello and voice an opinion. You'll find all kinds of shooters here, from newbies to very advanced experts. Oh, and a few keyboard commandos as well. *G*

Hi,

I have been lurking here and researching while waiting for LTC-A to come through. I now have LTC-A "none" in hand as well as my first couple of purchases! Lots of good information that helped me with my initial purchases.

Also, FWIW, I am in a "green" town and the process took 8 days from prints/photo to C.O.P. interview. Then 2 weeks later for LTC-A to arrive in the mail. Not the shortest. Not the longest. But that beat my expectations so that was a win for me.

-Tom

Hi - New Shooter

Hi All,

I've shot a handful of times about 8 years ago at a range off of rte 95 where you can rent. Had my LTC A-restricted in metro boston area, but never did anything with it. I recently renewed LTC A no restrictions. Looking to buy my first pistol for SD, to shoot at a local range, maybe occasional CC. I'm going for 9mm but am doing research on deciding between SW MP, Ruger, Sig S, Glock etc... Any tips welcome

This site is great, very informative, thanks for being here.

JC

Hello Everyone, My name is Jim. Im brand new to this site, i've been lurking for quite some time now. I live out in Gardner, i'm a member of the Otter River Sportsmans Club in Templeton, if anyone ever wants to check it out shot me a pm some time. I'm interested in pistols, rifles, shotguns, shooting of all kinds for that matter.

Hello and Welcome tml and JasonC,

tml - about 3 weeks to get your license that is great, wish all the towns/cities would be that quick
Jason glad to see you getting more involved again in the community, let us know what you decide on for your first purchase.

Hello Howard and welcome.
Enjoy the forum and think about going "green" with a membership - awesome time when you get together with the crew here.

Back
Top Bottom