New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hi All
First time on the site. I live south of Boston and learned to shoot thanks to the Boy Scouts in FLA, a long time ago, and the finer points of shooting thanks to the U.S. Air Force. Just recieved my LTC and in the market for a good conceal gun. This site looks helpful.

Thank you for your service, and welcome to the board. [cheers]

You'll find volumes of information on guns and holsters to try and buy here. [wink]

For those of you who have just joined NES.com like I have, definitely become a paid member (if you haven't done so already). Having just attended an NES Shoot (pumpkin shoot @ Monadnock), the opportunity to get to know and be a part of such a great group of people is a steal for the paltry $19 membership fee.

Hey, to all our newbies...
welcome.gif

Will

Hi all. My name is Will. I was referred to this forum when researching Ma gun laws. I'm former Infantry with the 173rd ABN BDE and currently a paramedic in Cambridge. Interested in getting more into competitive shooting and exploring what this forum has to offer. Nice to meet you all.
-W

Sean here.
Living in Revere and a member of the Wentworth Institute of Technology rifle team. I am in the process of applying for my LTC, and learning about all the trouble Mass gives its law abiding responsible citizens who want to own firearms.
I was trying to do some research to determine which pistol would be the best fit for me as my first gun. I made the mistake of first looking to different manufacturers. Of course after selecting a number of possibilities I found that I could not get any of them here. I finally found the approved roster and narrowed my choices appropriately only to find that many of these are not available due to restrictions from the Attorney General. I finally just had to go to local shops and talking to more experienced owners in order to figure out what I would start planning to buy.
I have spent some time reading through the archives here and there, and this seems like a great place with lots of information, and advice available. I look forward to spendind some time talking with all of you guys.

HI Everyone!

Hey Everyon! I am new to the forums and so far have found TONS of useful information. I am from Central MA and am in the process of obtaining my LTC A. I took my NRA class a couple weeks ago and have looked up Harvard and see that's it is green. I have been to the police station to inquire about the process and should be turning in my application this week.

Anyway just wanted to post a hello and thank everyone already for the information I have found here on the forums.

Thanks!!
Jason

Hello Jason1029

Glad to see you post and hope to have you join in more discussions.
Enjoy the board and best of luck with the LTC process.

Just quick Hi

Live in Andover ma and was referred by a member of Andover Sportsmen s Club. I am a retired locksmith and am taking up shooting which was my former hobby. Do need some help setting up a Lyman reloading press and would welcome help from any one in the area.

Not sure how I missed this thread myself. I've been a long time lurker and finally got my act together and joined. Great site. I'm originally from Mass but I escaped. I now live just over the border in Fitzwilliam. I'm a member of Cheshire County Fish and Game along with my wife. I'm just getting into reloading and always have questions. Thanks for having me.
Dan

Hi, long time lurker, couldn't join because my email for the past 10 years has been on yahoo. I finally decided to use my work email - hope I don't get fired for that... it's a possibility. :(

I'm from Central Mass and DH and I along with my two step sons just attended the Harvard Appleseed shoot. I decided that it would be good to join this site officially so perhaps we can meet more people to do more shooting. We have such fun with it, but it's been just the four or five of us (if step daughter joins in, which she does occasionally) Met some great people there and really looking forward to going back.

Howdy Folks,

I've been a lurker for about a year as I was preparing to get my LTC for the first time. I finally got it today, restricted of course (see the details here), and I immediately called a local gun shop in search of a Sig P229 DAK .40SW. To my dismay, even though this gun is on the Approved Firearms Roster I still can't buy it as a civilian in Massachusetts. This version of the P229 is law enforcement only.

Am I to understand that even though this is the so called "Approved Firearms Roster," I still cant purchase all of the guns listed? Is there another list somewhere of ONLY guns I can buy?

Read the header material on that EOPS List. The AG Regs are the problem and no, they do not approve any guns.

I just called CHSB's Firearms Records Bureau. It's impossible to legally get a weapon on the approved firearms list that a dealer in MA can't sell you.

No DAK for me.

I just called CHSB's Firearms Records Bureau. It's impossible to legally get a weapon on the approved firearms list that a dealer in MA can't sell you.

No DAK for me.

CHSB is the worst place to go for "legal interpretations"!!

I don't understand your statement above.

That EOPS List contains LOTS of "approved firearms" that dealers can NOT legally sell you in MA (unless you are LEO).

Hello

Hello All,

Name here is Frank,
I just found this website this week. I have had my LTC for over 20 years now. Other hobby's are Amateur Radio and Fishing.

Great site you folks have here and I hope I can add to it.

Frank.

CHSB is the worst place to go for "legal interpretations"!!

I don't understand your statement above.

That EOPS List contains LOTS of "approved firearms" that dealers can NOT legally sell you in MA (unless you are LEO).

So what is the point of an approved firearms roster if I still can't buy the firearms on the roster?

It makes a whole lot more sense to have an approved firearms roster of firearms that anyone can buy. I'm pretty sure that LEO have other resources that can explain their options but, for the average shlub like me, it's turning into trial and error:
1) pick a firearm on the list,
2) call a dealer to check if they can even sell it to me,
3) bitch that they cant.

I didnt see this thread originally, but, as I just joined the other day, I am SURE there is a grace period :)
My name is Bill, I currently live in central MA. My past experiences with firearms includes 3 years active duty with the Army, with 9 years MA national guard, almost 3 of those being deployed, stateside and in Cuba. I have spent all 12 years as an infantryman, and have been actively shooting since I was 18. I stopped a few years ago, and am looking to get back into it again. I am no longer in the military, but have some ties still with that community. Thats me in a nutshell.
Oh, and my other pasttime is bapiping, so, let the jokes begin ;)

Back
Top Bottom