New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hello,
Evening all, my buddy has been on here for a while, I've had my Class A for a few months, only now getting shooting here and there, looking to possibly join Braintree, mainly interested in collecting and shooting historical/milsurp! Look forward to my time here, looks like a good place to learn and have some fun.

I grew up in Somerville, MA., lived there for 38 years and moved to N.H. in 2004. I have many good memories from Somerville but I do not miss big brother Massachusetts. I have been around firearms for as long as I can remember. My dad served in the Army for 26 years so I was always facinated by military hardware and as I got older I guess it naturally progressed into a love of shooting sports. I am a rabid supporter of the 2nd. Amendment and don't trust anyone who would question it's true meaning. I feel that it is more of a duty than just a right to defend ourselves and those we love should the occasion arise.

Hi all!

Signed up for the board a week or two ago after lurking for a week or two. A buddy of mine sent me a link to one of the threads here and I instantly saw the value in frequenting this site =)

In my early thirties, and have always had a fascination with guns. It wasn't until a few months ago that I discovered an entire gun-enthusiast subculture at work that I really decided to get into it. Up until one of my work buddies and I took the gun safety course in the June/July time frame, I had never even seen a gun in person before (save for hanging off a LEO's belt =)

Applied for my LTC-A a little over six weeks ago, and I have it on good authority that I've been approved and will be hearing from them shortly to come pick it up.

I've always been an avid supporter of the 2nd Amendment (well, an avid supporter of ALL Amendments, really ;), and up until recently had been a member of the NRA for a number of years. I had let my membership lapse due to financial reasons, but will be re-upping soon. I'm also considering joining GOAL and NES.

Welcome Eric!
Indeed there is much valuable info here.
For a measly 19 bucks a year, it's better 10 fold!
Group buys on great stuff, member get togethers and of course, the awesome NES member shoots!

I'm a newbie too Mustad & I live in Beverly as well. The guy to contact is Lt. Bill Terry, he's very helpful and professional. My wife, oldest daughter and myself all have LTC-A's.
Beverly is a good place to live for legal gun owners.

Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Last edited:
New here

Hi all,

My names Bob, I'm from a small town in southeastern Mass. I grew up summering at a pond in New Hampshire and can't remember a day that we all didn't have our 22's with us as we ventured into the woods... Never had a single complaint or visit from the police and we did shot a lot of rounds.. Boy things were different then..

I've had my LTC for about 4 years and only recently decided to get a carry piece.. I do have hand guns but 6 - 8" barrels are a little hard to conceal.. After speaking to those wonderful folks down in Plymouth, I came here as recommended.. With a little searching I found a very nice 9mm, met up with the seller and completed the deal... Easy as pie....

Now I have sent in an application to join the Hanson Rod and Gun Club so I will have somewhere to shoot the 9mm, most of my other guns I can plink in my yard, but the 9 is a little too loud for the neighbors...

Well that's my story

Nice site!

Hey my names Justin! Im from norton mass born and raised. I install security systems security cameras and build computer servers out of BROCKTON (yeah i know) and i carry every day.... My experience is good with gun safety and basic knowledge... my first gun was a 12 guage ithica real oldy i use as my brush gun... My uncle taught me pretty much everything i know and thats how i learned about this site...great source for information...

Greetings. I've met a few folks from NES at the Harvard MA Appleseed events so I thought I'd drop by. I'm fairly new to shooting so I expect I'll be able to pick up a lot of good information here (hopefully including some idea where I could .. well, shoot, seeing as I haven't found anywhere yet.)

My name is Lynn, just got my LTC Class A no restr., and bought my first firearm, with help from my fiance (we had a deal!). It's a S&W 686 Plus 2.5" barrel (.357), at First Defense. I've shot targets with my father's Ruger .44 Magnum Redhawk and liked it alot, which led me to go with another revolver.
This is a great forum and I look forward to learning/sharing info :)

My name is Bill. I am originally from Belmont NH but have lived in Cape Coral, Florida since 1968. When I was young we had a camp on Moultonboro Neck. My step-mom still lives on Clough Pond in Louden. Still love the Almighty Pats and the Red Sox.
I am not an expert on guns by any stretch but I do love them and have a few handguns and rifles. My wife and I both carry and shoot at the local range whenever we can. I try to learn as much as possible which is why I join gun forums whenever I can find them. So far, this forum is a winner!

Hello my name is Junior. I live in Taunton. I found NES by searching online for guns for sale in Mass. I just got my LTC Class A in August. I had no prior handgun experience before then. Being a small business owner I had talked about getting LTC for some time and just finally got around to it( I wished I had done it long ago). Since the end of August I have purchased a S&W 642 airweight with laser grip, a Glock 23 and Glock 27 both with night sights and laser grips. I've been practicing everyweek since(without the lasers). I love the Glocks. I have my orientation at Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club on October 25th. I hope to learn alot about shooting from this site and the people I meet on here and at the club.

Skowhegan, Maine

I am new to the site and new to guns - nothing to teach and everything to learn. I have always had an interest yet also a fear.
I googled for shooting ranges and found this site.
I hope to find a place to learn to shoot in the Skowhegan Maine area!
Thanks in advance for any help!
Terry

Last edited:
New to NES

Found a home, been hearing great things about NES from my brother km696 and finally got on. I have recently retired fro the Army, working and living in Amesbury MA as a firefighter paramedic. Teach tactical medicine and fitness programs. Claim to fame; was the worst shot on the Army Reserve Shooting team. Hobbies; picking up "free things" on the curb to shoot in local sand pit and my daughter and I shoot them. Much discussion on returning those items back were we got them. The other day we saw the sign "free kittens" and broke out laughing. I guess you would have to have had a 16 year old to think that was cool. She was my training partner with her 22 long gun "VS" my pistol shooting for house hold chores. Hope to co-host a rim fire mini sniper competition some day (love that 17 hmr). Brian

Hey,

I found this forum through google. I became interested in firearms when I decided to apply to be an ACO which requires you to carry. Before my interview I got some experience shooting and took a safety course. I had never handled a firearm prior to that. So it was my first experiece and I loved it!!! Unfortunately I did not land the job- they hired somone else that had been laid off from within the city. So I've decided to pursue obtaining my LTC anyway.....I will be applying for it soon. Working on writing my letter to the Chief now. Perhaps if the other person doesn't work out or a position becomes available again having my LTC will definitely be a plus!!! Unfortunately there has also been a lot of "bad activity" going on in my neighborhood. Seems to have started since the economy crashed......so definitely need some protection.

I joined a while ago and I read on here almost every day but I have never posted. I got a lot of useful information when applying for my LTC on here. Seems like a great place. Just thought I would finally post something. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom