New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

New member from Cape Cod

Hi,
My name is Lyle, and I live on Cape Cod.
I have spent most of my life as a big pro gunner. A friend refered me to this site, because he new I look for new friends and contacts that share the same feelings on guns as I have.
I look forward to conversing and making friends as I enjoy this site. Thanks for having me.

Hello Lewis e and lyle22002

Wecome to the forum.. you have found a great place.
Hope you enjoy it as much as myself... (2 green members before 10 posts impressive)

Hello

Hi there all... just joined last week... Moved to Williamsburg in Massachusetts a year ago, bought a place in the hills with enough woods to last a couple lifetimes, recently got my LTC. Seems like a good spot to ride out an interesting future during uncertain times with my wife, cats, veggie patch, and new son... who is due to pop out in about three weeks. Right now, the coyotes are howling up a storm outside. A very welcome change from big city life. Presently waiting for a Browning BLR 81 takedown in .308. Good for inconspicuous backpacking adventures. Perhaps an SKS, too, at some point soon, in case there's overflowing urban excitement instead of stimulating economic recovery. All in all, I'm grateful I've still got a lot to learn. Life should never be boring. I will post rarely, for I am busy, but will always welcome your wisdom and experienced advice. [grin]

Hi Everybody,

Ski here checking in and really enjoying the comminuty, and great information on this board. I've recently recived my Class A LTC, and have purchased my first pistol Beretta 92fs...It's heavy, but I like the feel, and action.
I didn't want to spend 700-900 or more.
I was so anxious getting my LTC approved, and then also purchasing 92 due to a delay, but it all worked out in the end.
I've been interested in the WaltherP99, and recently the CZ duty.
Walther p99 compact?
There's so much to choose from, learn, and only so much to afford.

I may join Harvard sportmans club.
Anyway, thought I would drop in to say hi, and thanks!
Great to be here.

Ski

Hi there all... just joined last week... Moved to Williamsburg in Massachusetts a year ago
Welcome, longnow! You might have done better 50 miles north in VT (no stupid gun laws!), but looks like a nice part of the state. Any time you need help thinning the coyote herd out there, post here and I'm sure you'll get some takers! Heck, I'd like to help, myself. And coyote season is coming up...

Hi everyone,
My name is Pastor Tim. I have beeb a lurker and decided to take the plunge. Happy 2nd amendment to all.
Welcome, Pastor Tim! Without you, we wouldn't have a prayer. [wink]

Ski here checking in and really enjoying the comminuty, and great information on this board. I've recently recived my Class A LTC, and have purchased my first pistol Beretta 92fs...It's heavy, but I like the feel, and action.
Welcome, Ski. Personally, I dislike the 92FS, but if you like the feel, then that's what counts. After all, it's your gun.

Since CZs aren't sold in MA, you may have a hard time getting the Duty model. Seems to be a new one.

As for gun clubs... check out Shirley Rod & Gun. That's a small club but I understand that they just cut out a new 200 yard range. One of our Moderators is the chief range officer there. (Don't get me wrong; Harvard Sportsman's is an awesome club, and in fact I'm a member, but Shirley is a nice club, too, and it's in the town you live in! PM EddieCoyle for details about it.)

Stopping by to introduce myself.

Sean from Boxford, MA, 21 years old, and just received my LTC-A No Restrictions. I am in the process of trying to learn and swallow all the laws and restrictions and just basic information on weapons and accessories, such as safes, ammunition, etc.... I purchased a Beretta 92FS to get started. A few of my friends have their F.I.D. (I am sure they will be going for LTC-A in the next year or so when they turn 21) and a friend of mine is currently a member at Ipswich Fish & Game. I am currently looking for a good holster that will keep my weapon concealed if/when I do decide to carry (suggestions welcome). This site seems to have a lot of valuable information and I am looking forward to being able to learn more as my time at the site increases.

hi folks,

New user (and soon-to-be gun owner) here in Mansfield, MA. Took the basic pistol safety course a few weeks back and am currently awaiting LTC to be issued (very smooth process in this town so far). Had a .22 rifle for target plinking back as a teenager and have fired a few shotguns over the years. Now I've contracted the handgun bug. Hope to get a .22 pistol to get started and my dad (retired LEO) is
giving me some of his stuff as well.

My girlfriend and I are looking forward to getting into shooting on a regular basis and joining a nearby club (Taunton and Ames look pretty good). Been scouring these forums for a few weeks now and I'm impressed with the amount of information available and the helpfulness of the membership. I read thru the Mass gun laws (what a mess) and almost immediately decided to join GOAL... :) Looking forward to learning a lot more here.

cheers,
Steve

First off, my name is Dennis. Secondly I want to thank you for providing this site for our use.

I have fired 200 rounds at an indoor range with a 9mm Walther PPS and a 9mm Sig 229. Thats been my only shooting experience with hand guns.

My wife and I just completed an 8 hour pistol certification course on Saturday and now have our certificates to obtain our LTC. We live in Methuen Ma and I have already seen it is a red code for LTC Class A conceal carry. We will be filling out our applications ASAP I'm just waiting on a letter from my employer verifying I carry large sums of cash for deposits and I also start work at very early pre sunrise hours in some very unsavory neighborhoods in Roxbury, Dorchester, Mattapan, Lowell, Lawrence etc. My question is this.

Will this letter help me to obtain a conceal carry? I am on the north side of 40 yrs old and have one dui from the mid 80's. Clean record prior to and after that. Any ideas?

Thanks

Just paid for a years membership. Best $20 I'll spend in a while [grin]

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to the site Dennis, glad you found us.

Best of luck with the LTC process since I am not from Methuen I will let others discuss if the letter. I would suggest from my own experience it certainly does not hurt.

As many of you saw, I posted about that God awful store in Amherst. Saw this thread and thought I'd say hi.

I currently live with my parents while attending UNH (going for my BSEE, already have an ASEET from NHTI). I live a few miles from UNH so the commute is great :).

I don't have much firearms experience, but I have shot guns with my dad for year, and have taken NRA basic pistol. I will be taking Personal protection in the home in Oct.
I one upped my dad and got a CC before he did :D. I wish I knew about this place years ago as there is so much info about the New England shops.

BTW, how do I go about getting access to a sig and avatar?

Last edited:
Just thought I'd stop in and say 'hi' to everyone. Loving the forums so far, a wealth of information to be had.

A little about myself: As you can likely guess from my user name my name is Dustin. After nearly 27 years here on Earth I've decided to go ahead and start the process to obtain my LTC-A here in MA. My exposure to firearms has been moderate - I did some introductory shooting with a .22 quite some time ago while in boy scouts and since then have enjoyed some time up at Manchester Firing Line firing various hand guns (Glock 9mm, S&W .40, Sigs, etc.), and have even had the pleasure of trying out the MP5 and AR-15 they have for rent (I LOVED the feel of the AR-15... do want one now). I've become more and more comfortable with my ability to handle a gun and just feel like finally getting my LTC is the logical next step - especially since renting at the range seems to be more expensive than actually owning a gun myself (the cost of range ammo makes me cringe and has severely limited my ability to go shooting).

Going to be taking the required MA Basic Firearms class this weekend which I hope to garner even more knowledge from and will hopefully be able to setup an appointment with my town's LO within the next couple of weeks to get the ball rolling. I recently moved to Marblehead which shows up as Green on the very handy list here on the site which I find reassuring but I certainly do not plan on taking the process lightly and want to make sure I have all my 't's crossed and 'i's dotted.

Thanks again for all of the information you've all made available!

Going to be taking the required MA Basic Firearms class this weekend which I hope to garner even more knowledge from and will hopefully be able to setup an appointment with my town's LO within the next couple of weeks to get the ball rolling. I recently moved to Marblehead which shows up as Green on the very handy list here on the site which I find reassuring but I certainly do not plan on taking the process lightly and want to make sure I have all my 't's crossed and 'i's dotted.

Thanks again for all of the information you've all made available!

Welcome and good luck. And get ready for the longest wait in your life once you submit the LTC app. I just hit 4 weeks and each day seems like a week unto itself.

I'm a newbie to Northeastshooters.com, just wanted to say hello. My name is Bob and I am from MA, currently just have my FID I was denied for a LTC, I was told I could find some attorneys that dealt with gun laws on here so I figured I would check it out. So far all I can say is the forum is great! Glad I registered.

Back
Top Bottom