New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Ive been on awhile but still new...green...probie...I went to the village idiot shoot and am trying to get serious with Highpower. I carry a gun for a living and would like to someday shoot pistol competition along with my AR. Great buncha guys on here...

Hello everyone, fairly new to this site. Originally from Mass. moved up to N.H. about 11 yrs. ago. You got to love being able to shoot hi powered rifles in your back yard .A fifty yard range with backstop from my back deck, and longer from my driveway.
Bill

Hello all. I'm a complete gun newbie (went to the range for the first time a few weeks ago), but I've been a lurker on this board for a few months. I just got my class A in Lowell (restricted to sporting, of course), and took the basic pistol course at A.G. Guns in Lowell.

I'm looking forward to learning a lot from you folks.

Checking In.

I joined today. I appreciate all the information available on this board. I live in Portland, Maine and always wanted to get into shooting and hunting.

Hello and welcome pc.geek

You found a great source of knowledge and fantastic group of people here on the forum. Hope to see you join in the discussions and enjoy!

Hi all, just dropped by the site and thought I would join the fun. I've been a long time gun owner hunter for over 30 years. I'm a NRA live member along with Goal and USCCW memberships. I've had an FID since moving to MA, and thought it was about time to apply for my LTC while I still could.

Hey folks...been lurking and learning for a while, but figured I would finally come out of the shadows. I'm in Milton and in the process of applying for my Class A. My wife and I completed the NRA Safety course at Boston Gun and Rifle a few weeks back.
Thanks for the reference letter verbiage suggestions (in Milton, we need 3).
Wish me luck.

Hello and welcome to Rosco Dude and Shine

Wishing you both the best on the LTC process!
Glad you found the forum - enjoy

Will do, wacky_doug. The process seems pretty straightforward. MA App, safety class certs, check for $100, 3 letters of reference, and a sit down with the LO. I've been told the waiting period is typically 6-8 weeks.
Also, in speaking to one of the cadets at the station when I dropped by, I was told there are 200-300 people actively pursuing licenses in Milton. I suppose that's a good thing.

@Shine: I've been in Milton for almost 10 years. My wife and I had to get our LTC's when we moved here, so it's been a while since I went through this. Went from Class B - hunting/target to Class A unrestricted when we renewed most recently. There's a new licensing officer since we renewed, so I don't know how the new officer is about unrestricted. Judging from a friend's recent experience (just got his Class A - hunting/target after inheriting some stuff), they seem to want to start people on restricted and then renew them at unrestricted. Let me know if you have the same impression.

Another challenge is that the LO seems to change a lot. I'm not sure how much this affects policy. When we first moved to Milton, the LO was very anti-gun. The guy after him was awesome and very reasonable (figure it's best not to use names). Not sure how many more LO's there have been in between our renewal periods. My single biggest complaint about licensing is the utter lack of consistency from town-to-town, chief-to-chief, and LO-to-LO.

I got the impression from talking to the LO when we last renewed that there are many Milton residents with LTC's. I can't recall exactly if he said (or even was allowed to say) how many there are, but I got the impression it was way more than a few hundred. I was very surprised, and glad to hear it. The LO in Milton apparently stays very busy.

I have to say that the Milton PD is excellent. They are very community oriented and pretty reasonable. I am always impressed when I deal with them.

@Ricky. Great link, thanks! Wish it showed cumulative totals and unique licensees, though.

(Sorry, I'm a math geek.) I did a linear fit from 2001 to 2007 and came up with around 6600 licenses issued for Milton for those years. This data likely contains renewals, though, so it's not a great estimate.

Hello everyone. Former Af, currently living in the Saratoga area of upstate N.Y. Re-thinking my decision to locate back here because of the draconian gun laws. Glad I found this site. Im a member on a national gun forum but Ive had some trouble getting information relative to my area. Already had most of my questions answered without having to ask! Very cool. Glad to be here.

Hey Guys,

I'm new here. Just got printed and photographed for my LTC in Medford. Should be all set in a few weeks (according to them). I've enjoyed reading the posts here for the past few days, thought I'd say hello....so.....hello.

Hello everyone, I figured that I should finally pop in here and introduce myself. My name is Lewis and I live up in Gloucester. I got re-introduced to shooting in college when I joined the rifle team my senior year. I had a very good experience getting my LTC-A. I went to the police dept and instead of taking my form the LO just filled in the information directly into the computer, it was either 2 weeks 1 day or 1 week 1 day to get the call saying that it was ready to be picked up.

Back
Top Bottom