New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hello All,
Born and raised in NYC, it's been interesting trying to follow my interests in shooting. :)

But 20 years ago I received my target (now premise) pistol license and have been shooting at WestSide whenever the budget allows.

I found Northeastshooters during a web search and decided to join after reading a bunch of the posts here. Looking forward to lending a hand whenever I can!

John

Hey Everybody!

Ive been a member for a week or two, just found this thread.
Im from Scituate MA. Our Rod and Gun club is currently closed so ill be shooting at the Marshfield club from now on.

Im fairly new to the sport. I just got my first piece today a Remington 870 Super magnum

5531_99016884262_630974262_2050097_1246924_n.jpg

Hello All, Another Newbie here. Names Tim but i go by hobbit. Been lurking for about 2 weeks and just joined both NES and Goal today so i thought it was time to introduce myself.

I just started shooting again (last year while visiting Maine) after MANY years so consider myself a newbie there too.

Last year i went on my first hunt here in mass for pheasant and got a hen. Followed that up with my first deer hunt, in Maine, and got a small 4 pointer.

I signed up for a club near home about a week ago looking for a place to shoot but there is up to a 2 year waiting list :(
Started going to the club on Sundays anyway for the public trap shoot just to be able to use one of my shotguns.

Have my LTC A Sporting from Brockton - yah i know but everyone has to live somewhere.

Guns:
NAA 22lr
Mossberg 802 Plinkster
Stoeger 12 ga single shot
Mossberg 535 12 ga pump
Bersa model 85 .380
S&W SW40F .40

Lastly, i am kind of a shy person until i get to know people so can seem a little stand off-ish at first, but once i do know you i am a joker. So as such don`t expect too much in the way of posting from me for know. Just trying to learn what i can from you fine folks.

And that is the-hobbits story.

Last edited:
That's alright - I didn't realize you could just lurk in black, I thought I had to pay to join in on ANYTHING.

I didn't figure out reputation points for a lo-o-o-ng time - have you?

This is really a cult of much weird and strange behavior...[grin]

I saw a little something about it, but to be honest with everything i have been trying to read here i just skipped over it.

i have barely even looked at the member section yet. i want to find out how the buys go. looking for later in the summer, not right now, but i want to make sure i know how its done.

OK... so we now have a Dwarf, an Ent (that'd be MrTwigg) a troll - oh, right, he got banned - and now a Hobbit.

Welcome to the only online forum in Middle Earth. [laugh]

OK, a quick search does NOT reveal a user with the name Elf, but we DO have elendil004. [rofl2]

Last edited:
The-hobbit - welcome.
I just had to comment that "The Hobbit" and all the works of Tolkein were my favorite reading growing up. I must have read the books a dozen or more times wearing them out so much I needed to repurchase.

Glad you found us and look forward to your posts.

The-hobbit - welcome.
I just had to comment that "The Hobbit" and all the works of Tolkein were my favorite reading growing up. I must have read the books a dozen or more times wearing them out so much I needed to repurchase.

Glad you found us and look forward to your posts.

Thanks pacman. i was the same, hence the id name. I was into it WAY before the movies and the new gen of followers, so i was able to get most of my online ids in the same mold [grin] i love lotr as well, if not better, but the hobbit is what started it all. did you know the hobbit movie was being made? supposed to be in the same mold as the lotr, should be great.

Thanks pacman. i was the same, hence the id name. I was into it WAY before the movies and the new gen of followers, so i was able to get most of my online ids in the same mold [grin] i love lotr as well, if not better, but the hobbit is what started it all. did you know the hobbit movie was being made? supposed to be in the same mold as the lotr, should be great.

I hear tell that it's being directed by Guillermo Del Toro, and I have high hopes... Now if only we can get a "Turin" movie.

Welcome Hobbit!!! I loved those books myself. I thought Jackson did a good job with the movies!! Now all we need here is a "EE Doc Smith" fan!!!![grin]

Here I am. What can I do for you? AFAIK, the screen name Gray Lensman, Mentor and Kimball Kinnison are all available...

Or did you want someone to bring the Lensman series, the Skylark of Space series, the Family D'alembert series, Subspace Explorers, Spacehounds of IPC and The Galaxy Primes to the big screen? [wink] Can't help you with that, I'm afraid.

Hello,
I'm not really new, I just don't get the opportunity to post very often. My dad brought the taze post to my attention so I decided to peruse the rest of the threads. Don't shoot me for mentioning the taze post. ;) Have a lovely weekend, everyone!

Back
Top Bottom