• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hello everyone. I hail from the People Republic of Kalifornia and I've been active in the shooting community in SoCal. I'm a member over on CalGuns.net. I'm looking at relocating to NH in the next two years but until then, I thought I'd start and get a feel for NES.

Hello everyone. I hail from the People Republic of Kalifornia and I've been active in the shooting community in SoCal. I'm a member over on CalGuns.net. I'm looking at relocating to NH in the next two years but until then, I thought I'd start and get a feel for NES.

Glad to hear you're moving to NH, one of the very few CA residents I wouldn't mind seeing make the move. [wink]

Just saw this thread.

I've been a registered NES user since July. One of my friends is already registered, and he recommended the site to me. I'm 26, and I've been shooting since I was 15, albeit irregularly. I didn't start consistently shooting until I was 24. I'm also a new gun owner. In June '09, I received my LTC Class A, no restrictions. I have a H&K USP 40, and I'm looking to expand my collection.

Aside from that, I work as an IT Manager and a Sys Admin in Braintree. I live in (the horrible state of) MA, hailing from Lunenburg (although due to long commutes, I generally stay with my girlfriend in Plymouth during the week). For other hobbies, I'm a big music buff, and I write reviews for a heavy metal webzine (www.thrashmag.com - my handle there is Mancubus). I also love video games (Call Of Duty 4) and graphic novels (Preacher).

Yep, that's about it. I gotta say, I really like this site. Lots of information floating around here, as well as helpful people. I'm thinking of becoming a member.

Hello William Munny,

Great to have you here. I love my H&K.
Sounds like you got a pretty full life going on - I also am a heavy metal fan, love my video games and Preacher is by far one of the best graphic novels in many many years.

Ran into massmark, he convinced me to join so here I am. Born and raised in the Berkshires, left to go to college (Penn State & Suffolk Law)and have lived in Colorado, Pennsylvania, London. In MA I have resided in Boston, Worcester, and currently in the Berkshires. Raised around firearms (NES member Preliator is my brother and gave me my first .22) and constantly try to one up my brother with cool guns & gear...it has turned into a sickness!

Well, I scored a 3rd gen Glock w/ night sites and Lasermax last week so I'm off to the range! [smile]

Ran into massmark, he convinced me to join so here I am. Born and raised in the Berkshires, left to go to college (Penn State & Suffolk Law)and have lived in Colorado, Pennsylvania, London. In MA I have resided in Boston, Worcester, and currently in the Berkshires. Raised around firearms (NES member Preliator is my brother and gave me my first .22) and constantly try to one up my brother with cool guns & gear...it has turned into a sickness!

Well, I scored a 3rd gen Glock w/ night sites and Lasermax last week so I'm off to the range! [smile]

Welcome to NES! Good to have another member out here in the sticks.

Heard good things and decided to join to be among like minded people. Ive been shooting my entire life, literally...currently work in Nuclear Security. So far I like what I see.

My intro. Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Howdy y'all,
I guess it's time for me to spill my gutts. Found the site while researching MA laws. My name's Leo, and I (unfortunately) reside in Somerville while attending grad school. After spending almost a year up here separated from my firearms, I finally finished the Somerville LTC process in May and am now a 'proud' owner of an LTC-A (minus the 'C'!!!... bastards! [frown]). I'm originally from the Coal Region of Eastern PA, where I was raised around firearms and firearms safety. Then went away to college in NY (where I got a class ring and a class pistol) before spending the subsequent 8+ years in the Army as an Infantryman at Ft Bragg (3-325 AIR) and Ft Benning (3rd BDE/3ID, 1-15 IN). I'm currently out of the country on my internship, but am looking forward to bringing my firearms to MA, now that I'm allowed, in a couple of weeks. I'm applying to Pelham Fish & Game for their IDPA and TAG programs, along w/ their diversity of ranges (and more importantly to avoid the MA folks from asking silly questions about how I managed to get all my guns that aren't MA complient, which are suprisingly a lot). Other hobbies/interests involve spending time w/ family (wife and two Labs), the outdoors, sports, pickup trucks, and of course college football (Penn State and Army). Being an old soldier, I have a deep interest in stock military-type weapons. I have an M1 Carbine, Chicom SKS, Colt 1991 (I know, not quite service, but it was my class pistol), a couple XD's (Croatian Military issue), and an AR configured just like my service rifle (minus the PEQ-2A). I'm also VERY interested in picking up a Springfield M1A Standard w/ Walnut stock if y'all have any leads [wink]

Cheers, Leo
RLTW! ATW!

Last edited:
Hello Rangerbuehler,

Thanks for your service. Glad you found the board.
Keep an eye on the classifieds for the springfield - i have seen them pop up several times here. May consider going Green with a membership as it will bring you even more with this site.

Hello All,

I'm a n00b to the forum. Work in Boston as an IT Director. Currently living in Medway, MA. Long-time resident of Norfolk County. Long-time GOAL & NRA member. LTC, Class A. Ex-Navy (nothing high-speed of which to brag, unfortunately). Hunter. Consider myself a rifleman/woodsman/outdoorsman above all but along with hunting woodcock & grouse I also enjoy the occasional duck hunt and deer-hunting with a bow. Just became a member of Hopkinton. Seems like a damned fine club. Looking forward to that experience.

Mid-term goals (within the next year) include acquiring a reliable (but reasonably priced--e.g., used Springfield Armory) M1A as much like the M14 I qualified with in the Navy as possible (no other rifle has ever felt so "right" in my hands). Also, would love to get my hands on an old beater (cheap) .22LR (ideally one of the old tube-feed models) to teach my boys and wife how to shoot. Longer term will be in the market for something in the Remington 1100 family to augment my upland/lowland/skeet/trap options.

Looking forward to joining the conversation!

- Matt

Last edited:
Hello, my name is Paul Hotaling. I am a huge gun nut for Glock's, custom 1911's, AK's, and AR's. My job is director of training for Grey Group Training. I am happy to be a member of Northeasternshooters. Born and raised in Camden, New York and still have family in the area.

Thank you

My contact info:
Paul A. Hotaling
Director of Training
Grey Group Training
Cell:757-435-3264
Email:[email protected]

Forgot to check-in here. I'm Doug (the "wacky" prefix comes from a college joke and my warped sense of humor.)

I've been shooting all of my life. I've lived in 5 states since my birth, most recently Virginia. I moved to Mass a few years ago and finally got back into shooting. I'm in the software business.

I live just outside of Boston, but I shoot at Weymouth Sportsmens Club. I love and shoot Sigs mostly, but I'd really like to score an HK P7M13 without having to mortgage my home. :)

Hello Wacky Doug,

Glad you found us here... keep on eye on the classifieds for the HK.
Enjoy the site and the sport!

Hello Gents.

I'm in Southern NH, been shooting on and off since I was a teenager. Finally got my first handgun, now I'm looking to add to my collection. The stores don't always have what you want so I'll be checking the classifieds often :)

Hey Hardlined,

I am on the MA/NH border myself. Glad you found the board.
Great place and great people. Join in the discussions and enjoy!

Hey whats goin on everyone..New to NES,My name is Ryan I live in Revere,ma.I am new to the world of owning my own handguns, got my class A ltc a few months ago..I have been around firearms since a young kid. A guy at a local range told me to check this site out and I am glad he did..thanks

Welcome to NES. Enjoy all the info. etc. and Go GREEN! It helps to lighten your wallet so you don't have to tighten the belt as much. LOL!

Back
Top Bottom