• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Just stopping in to say hello. Grew up in Billerica and currently living in Chelmsford. Quite new to the world of firearm ownership -- received my LTC a little over a month ago. It's been a lot of fun shopping for new toys and trying them wherever I can find a place to shoot. Learning out how awfully expensive and addictive this hobby can be. 😅

Have an application in at Andover Sportsmen's Club and should be voted in mid-November. I don't know anyone there, so, I would love to make some new friends and have someone to show me the ropes. I've damn near forgotten how to socialize with humans after almost 3 years of working from home.
Welcome aboard

Hello my name is Cameron I’m completely new to this forums and forums in general. Just stopping bye to say hi and intro myself. I grew up in Charlton and have had been around guns pretty much my life and obtained my LTC December about 4-5 years ago, I really got to know and love the world around firearms old and new and how vast it can be. I hope to gain new connections and maybe help along the way. Thank you and hope to chat along the way.

What’s up NES! Been reading this forum for the better part of a year (google searches), but finally decided to join today. I have a background in garage-level manual machining and powder coating. Should be ready to jump into Cerakote now. Looking forward to using my skillset to build some cool firearms. Just finished building a couple 1911’s from 80% lowers. Built my fair share of glocks, Sigs and AR’s as well. I will most likely be spending my time in the classifieds and build sections. Catch up soon!

Attachments

• 590142FE-56C5-49A3-AFC2-F9B0CA6B92E9.jpeg
    590142FE-56C5-49A3-AFC2-F9B0CA6B92E9.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
  • 97FAE161-233E-424D-8C0E-0046C5CBCD14.jpeg
    97FAE161-233E-424D-8C0E-0046C5CBCD14.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
  • 08858A00-EE0E-4B9D-81E4-F25588D0712E.jpeg
    08858A00-EE0E-4B9D-81E4-F25588D0712E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
  • 2255F71B-019C-4CCA-906A-F9F430E8D4DD.jpeg
    2255F71B-019C-4CCA-906A-F9F430E8D4DD.jpeg
    394.2 KB · Views: 16
Just stopping in to say hello. Grew up in Billerica and currently living in Chelmsford. Quite new to the world of firearm ownership -- received my LTC a little over a month ago. It's been a lot of fun shopping for new toys and trying them wherever I can find a place to shoot. Learning out how awfully expensive and addictive this hobby can be. 😅

Have an application in at Andover Sportsmen's Club and should be voted in mid-November. I don't know anyone there, so, I would love to make some new friends and have someone to show me the ropes. I've damn near forgotten how to socialize with humans after almost 3 years of working from home.
Hi.

Saying hello again....been quite a while since I logged on. I have a renewed interest and look forward to catching up and reading all the posts !!
This may take a while....lol. Thanks to all the admins and folks who run this great board. I'm excited to be back !!
Welcome back!

Saying hello again....been quite a while since I logged on. I have a renewed interest and look forward to catching up and reading all the posts !!
This may take a while....lol. Thanks to all the admins and folks who run this great board. I'm excited to be back !!

Welcome back and take a minute to go green

Welcome back.

And remember, green is good. Just ask Miss Piggy.

Hi all, new to the group, my wife and I got our LTC's in June and I've picked up my first pistols. I love the info available on here and look forward to helping out once I get more knowledge and experience.

We're in central Ma. I was in the Army Reserve and MeANG (transferred when unit shutdown), but I had the benefit of serving during a lull, so I was never active. But I've had some experience with the M-16, and I'm looking at getting back into it with a pre-ban or something similar.

I'll probably be reaching out with questions soon.

Thanks and Hi!

Hi all, new to the group, my wife and I got our LTC's in June and I've picked up my first pistols. I love the info available on here and look forward to helping out once I get more knowledge and experience.

We're in central Ma. I was in the Army Reserve and MeANG (transferred when unit shutdown), but I had the benefit of serving during a lull, so I was never active. But I've had some experience with the M-16, and I'm looking at getting back into it with a pre-ban or something similar.

Thanks and Hi!
Welcome!

Thanks and Hi!
I remember a small group of MAINEiacs coming through Fairchild together, great group of guys.
I hope you and mrs Kofkorn enjoy NES and stay for a while. [rockon]

Thanks and Hi!

Welcome, glad to have you onboard.

Questions are good.

I've definitely been mining the threads on that. I do like the flexibility that you get with the pre-ban, but don't really need any of the extra features. And that's certainly a less expensive path. Are gunsmiths generally willing to do work to pin and barrels and stocks? I'll look to start a thread with a few ?'s.

Yes, there are people who will do that work for you. A build can be as simple as buying a complete lower and a complete upper and slapping them together, or as complicated as putting the entire thing together. I went that route and can say I learned more about the weapon then the entire time that I carried one in the Army. Total cost was about 900 dollars.

Back
Top Bottom