New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Scrap Iron

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to NES! New folks should check in here and say HI!

Tell us about yourself...Where you live, your firearms experience, and how you found Northeastshooters! Thanks!
Checking in Green again. Air Force Vet living on the North Shore. Been viewing the pages for years. Working construction in Boston till recently. Enjoy shooting when I can get to the range otherwise tend to a few safe queens.
Other interests skiing and harleys.

PATRON

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 99%
94   1   1
Welcome to NES thank you for your service.Enjoy the ride on here sometimes it'a a bumpy one. LOL!

mkm

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds a little hinky, but look at it this way: If he says that, and it discourages 50-60% of new licensees from pursuing it, so-be-it.
What he's saying is not right. When you come up for a renewal ask for an Unrestricted LTC, then tell him that he can check the records and see there is no legitimate reason to deny you a full LTC. Stick to your guns and stay strong. If he still says no, ask him for a written refusal and ask for an appointment with the Chief of Police.
Thank you for the feedback... it was just so odd to me I thought I’d see what others had to say. An unrestricted from this city is a recently added bucket list item and I’m not easily discouraged. Plus now I have a better game plan.

enbloc

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
You're welcome. Like anything in life that one wants, you must stick to your 'guns' and push headlong into your desires.
Don't take 'No' for an answer. Especially when You are in-the-right.
~Enbloc

Reactions: mkm

fencer

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Just wanted to check in here, Im a a USMC combat vet living in Somerville. That being said I still have a ton to learn and am impressed with all the knowledge I've found while lurking this site. Looking forward to being an active member in this community!
Welcome Devil Dog. Semper Fi. There are a few of us here.

csobrien

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

New forum member here. I’ve known about this site for a while thanks to google-searches about the sad state of our 2A rights in MA (Central Ma, checking in). My interest increased over the past month now that our rights have been even more thoroughly trampled by the Gov and AG.

Thanks to all of you folks for creating a great resource and what appears to be a great community for shooters, 2A advocates. I’m learning a ton from you already.

minininjer

NES Door Greeter
NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi All,

New forum member here. I’ve known about this site for a while thanks to google-searches about the sad state of our 2A rights in MA (Central Ma, checking in). My interest increased over the past month now that our rights have been even more thoroughly trampled by the Gov and AG.

Thanks to all of you folks for creating a great resource and what appears to be a great community for shooters, 2A advocates. I’m learning a ton from you already.
Hi, csobrien. How's it going? Welcome to the forum, glad to see you here. We appreciate your intro post. Glad to hear you're finding the forum useful. You don't need to be an "expert" to participate [smile] so hope to see you in the forums some more.

Cheers [mg]
Cindy

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,
Joined a few days ago (actually a day or so after I turned 18) I got my FID around 16 so since then I've been waiting to turn 18 to go get my first gun. Unfortunately baker who clearly gives zero shits about our 2a rights closed the gun stores due to the "pandemic" so I've been unable to acquire my first gun. Actually was directed to NES buy a fellow at gun parlor who I ran into while seeing if they may be open during all this bs, only to find out every gun shop was closed. It just baffles me to see the state where the American revolution started to now be so anti gun, and to think that at one point in Massachusetts you would actually be fined as a 15yr old for coming into town without a firearm and ammunition. Anyways got my eyes peeled for an sks that isn't too far out of my price range as that's as good a SHTF riffle I'll be able to get till I can get an LTC A in a few years.

babygorilla

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hello everyone,
Joined a few days ago (actually a day or so after I turned 18) I got my FID around 16 so since then I've been waiting to turn 18 to go get my first gun. Unfortunately baker who clearly gives zero shits about our 2a rights closed the gun stores due to the "pandemic" so I've been unable to acquire my first gun. Actually was directed to NES buy a fellow at gun parlor who I ran into while seeing if they may be open during all this bs, only to find out every gun shop was closed. It just baffles me to see the state where the American revolution started to now be so anti gun, and to think that at one point in Massachusetts you would actually be fined as a 15yr old for coming into town without a firearm and ammunition. Anyways got my eyes peeled for an sks that isn't too far out of my price range as that's as good a SHTF riffle I'll be able to get till I can get an LTC A in a few years.
Go green, then check the ads. An SKS should be an easy find.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Been here about a year but here's my first post! *Anyone in MA, what's a reasonable amount of land you would need to safely/legally create a decent short range in your yard, maybe 50-100 yds range? I live in a densely populated area but going to be searching in the next couple years for a new place to move. Any insight is appreciated.
500feet from your neighbor with a good back stop

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to NES! New folks should check in here and say HI!

Tell us about yourself...Where you live, your firearms experience, and how you found Northeastshooters! Thanks!
Hi, I'm a former Marine currently living and working in Western MA. Found myself checking in on this site multiple times for info on how to maneuver through this state's gun laws and I've always been able to get guidance. Looking forward to being apart of this community!

minininjer

NES Door Greeter
NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi, I'm a former Marine currently living and working in Western MA. Found myself checking in on this site multiple times for info on how to maneuver through this state's gun laws and I've always been able to get guidance. Looking forward to being apart of this community!
Hi, welcome! Thanks for your service. Glad you've found valuable information here. Looking forward to seeing you around more in the various threads.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Andy in NH

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Welcome!
Be sure to check in here:
Service List

DigIDPA

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. Live on the South Shore and a member of Old Colony in Pembroke. Heard NES mentioned before, but a buddy said I really had to check it out. Glad I did. Some great stuff here!
FYI, I use the same handle on GlockTalk and SigTalk.

Last edited:

young_david

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All, I've been lurking here for a few months now and figured it's about time I say hello. I've been shooting at On-Target in Dracut for the past several months, but I'm looking for a club. Country Pond Fish and Game Club looks good and is fairly close to where I live. Hoping to make an introduction there once all this crap blows over and things open up again. Anyway, I want to thank all that contribute their knowledge to this site. It's been a great resource and I appreciate it.

cockpitbob

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Y-D, welcome and +1 for being green with your first post! What little I know about Country Pond is all positive. When one of my boys and I were taking archery classes at Big Al's, the bi-monthly matches were done at CPF&G. Seemed like a nice facility with good people.

Fritz the Cat

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi All, I've been lurking here for a few months now and figured it's about time I say hello. I've been shooting at On-Target in Dracut for the past several months, but I'm looking for a club. Country Pond Fish and Game Club looks good and is fairly close to where I live. Hoping to make an introduction there once all this crap blows over and things open up again. Anyway, I want to thank all that contribute their knowledge to this site. It's been a great resource and I appreciate it.
Close to home is always a plus. My club is 5 minutes away so I can swing in after work and let off some steam by beating up the swinging plates.

polygraph603

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm Dan Mangan, a born-and-bred certified Ma**h*** originally from Lowell.

Been shooting since 1964 when I inherited a Winchester '06 (with silencer!), a Lefever Nitro Special and a Winchester Model 55 takedown in .30 WCF.

I've been lurking upon NES for years, but after learning so much I felt guilty about not joining. Went green a couple months ago and have met some really great people here.

In 1983 I escaped from Massachusetts with my wife and little boy to bucolic, free-state NH. While I missed patronizing Tag's gun shop in North Chelmsford , it turned out to be the best move we ever made. And it really worked out after Tag's co-owner Bob Parlangeli (along with Ralph Demicco) bought Riley's a little later on. Spent beaucoup dollars at Riley's over the years there and was most disheartened to see it end the way it did. I was very sad to hear of Bob's passing in January.

As for my gun interests, I joke that I never met a gun I didn't like. But after owning dozens of firearms over the years, -- I'm almost 66 -- and enduring a lot of trends, I currently go with what I know works best for me. Thus, my EDC is a Bulgarian Makarov. My preferred home defense weapon is a Winchester model 1897. When it comes to battle rifles, I like the Garand. As for the AR platform variants -- (I served in the U.S Army on active duty from December 1973 to December 1976) -- I've owned several and can either take them or leave them. Would actually prefer an AK or SKS. For historical fun, I love shooting the Carcano. (I was nine when JFK was assassinated. and remember it well.) For pure shits and grins, I enjoy plinking offhand at 100 yards with cheap POS handguns. Don't laugh, their accuracy can be most surprising! I'm also partial to 1960s and 1970s S&W revolvers, of which I own several.

I've had an LTC since 1975, which was the outcome of a publicized Massachusetts court battle with my local chief of police. (That's right, kids. Some things never change.)

Today, I'm a semi-retired polygraph examiner. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions about the polygraph process!

My club, Pinnacle Mountain Fish & Game in Lyndeborough NH -- to which I have belonged for well over 20 years -- is a great no-frills resource. Highly recommended.

My non-shooting hobbies include motorcycles, sports cars, and hiking the trails with my dog.

Last edited:
Top Bottom