New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Fritz the Cat

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Lol! I'm more concerned about distance from other houses, roads, places people might be walking in the woods etc.
This is a decent thread on the topic

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally have taken a course to apply for my ltc!!!! Just stopping in to say hello. I have a ton of reading to do here, I figured I would join. Hope to learn alot from you here! I'm new to firearms in general besides a few days with friends blowing rounds off at targets. I am a transplant from CT for about 12 years now, and by my research, (which I have done unfortunately too late) should have kept going north a state or two!

Fritz the Cat

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I finally have taken a course to apply for my ltc!!!! Just stopping in to say hello. I have a ton of reading to do here, I figured I would join. Hope to learn alot from you here! I'm new to firearms in general besides a few days with friends blowing rounds off at targets. I am a transplant from CT for about 12 years now, and by my research, (which I have done unfortunately too late) should have kept going north a state or two!
Good luck with the process. There are a couple of threads here about the ease or difficulties of your town (city) in the ltc process. Hopefully you are in a green town.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all...just joined the forums...My name is Paul, been shooting all my life Qualified expert in the U.S. army with the m-16 now have a 22 and 9 mm hand gun and 22 and 9 mm pcc rifle and a 12 gauge shotgun. just got home from the range and the guy at the range told me about this site.
Does anyone know where to get 9 mm range ammo cheap?
Thanks

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.4%
60   1   0
Hi all...just joined the forums...My name is Paul, been shooting all my life Qualified expert in the U.S. army with the m-16 now have a 22 and 9 mm hand gun and 22 and 9 mm pcc rifle and a 12 gauge shotgun. just got home from the range and the guy at the range told me about this site.
Thanks
Welcome! And thanks for your Service!

Target Sports USA for mail-order (free shipping on cases)

Four Seasons Firearms in Woburn also frequently has sales on ammo that make it close to TSUSA and they are great people to deal with. https://www.fsguns.com

fencer

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Great to see all of the new folks here! Welcome! I hope you all shoot often, shoot safe and support our 2A rights whenever you get a chance

Been here about a year but here's my first post! *Anyone in MA, what's a reasonable amount of land you would need to safely/legally create a decent short range in your yard, maybe 50-100 yds range? I live in a densely populated area but going to be searching in the next couple years for a new place to move. Any insight is appreciated.
I think where the range is located (municipality) is probably more important.
New to site. Just got LTC a few months ago. Just purchased first hand gun. From MA so I am interested in learning all the laws pertaining to my “friendly” state....looking forward to all the great articles...
Ain't it a great feeling? Way better than a new car. It's really cool getting to know a new gun. My first purchase was two guns, I still have them both, have shot the ever living shit out of them, and still do. They both still run great. I would never part with them and really couldn't sell them if I wanted to. "LNIB, barely broken in with just 47,000 rounds fired..."
So what did you pick up for your first handgun?
Lol! I'm more concerned about distance from other houses, roads, places people might be walking in the woods etc.
Backstops and burms. You want to know exactly where every round will come to rest, no matter how much land you have.
Just joined, out of Holyoke. Tried to drop off mine, wires and step sons LTC application today in holyoke. He left early of course. Now I have to wait a week. We took our course at Pioneer valley arms this past weekend.
Good stuff. Great when the whole family shoots. I hope your wait is short.

Lots of good info here and the knowledge base keeps growing. The forums new search function is very helpful. It's pretty likely that if you have a question, about damn near anything, it has been asked before.
Thanks
Yep, Target Sports is the way to go. But FWIW Mass Firearms usually has a decent deal on 9mm target ammo.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

Recently returning to the forum after many years absence. My name is Alan. I live in north central Worcester County. I am a long-time firearms instructor with law enforcement experience. In the near future I hope to post in the instructor thread and list my new class.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All - Been on this forum for a while but never posted. This forum helped me a lot in picking out my firearm and reading what NOT to do. I am just a little north of Boston and looking for a home to shoot at. Any recommedations are welcome!

-G

fencer

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hello all,

Recently returning to the forum after many years absence. My name is Alan. I live in north central Worcester County. I am a long-time firearms instructor with law enforcement experience. In the near future I hope to post in the instructor thread and list my new class.
Welcome back Alan.

fencer

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hello All - Been on this forum for a while but never posted. This forum helped me a lot in picking out my firearm and reading what NOT to do. I am just a little north of Boston and looking for a home to shoot at. Any recommedations are welcome!

-G
What up G? Welcome to NES. If you are close, Harvard is the way to go. MRA in Woburn is a little closer and so is Reading. Check out this-

You can always head over to Mass Firearms in Holliston until you find a club. It's a nice facility and is only about 30 minutes from Newton on the pike.
And don't be afraid to ask questions based on your specific interests. Some clubs cater more to shotgun sports, some rifle, some pistol etc.
Look forward to bumping into on the forum.

VetteGirlMA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just joined, out of Holyoke. Tried to drop off mine, wires and step sons LTC application today in holyoke. He left early of course. Now I have to wait a week. We took our course at Pioneer valley arms this past weekend.
Welcome, I'm across the river from you. PVA arms is a great gun shop and Kendall is awesome to work with.

Dakar09

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just joined out of Dedham, MA. Been lurking for a while and have gotten a lot of info from this site along the way, figured I'd sign up.

I shoot down at Braintree with my M1 Garand, Uberti 1860 Henry (.45LC), Ruger Vaquero (.45LC), P226, P232, Colt Army BP in .45, some clays, and my carry piece, Sig P365. Also hit MFS when my brother convinces me to go out that way.

mkm

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! It’s so awkward writing one of these intro posts... so here I go. I’ve been lurking a bit soaking up the information and resources y’all have so kindly provided from firearms to updates on the current situation.... I may need to set a timer as I’ve gone down the proverbial rabbit hole more than once. Oh and the sense of humor I’ve found from many posters... two thumbs up!

I live in Essex County. I didn’t even remotely grow up around firearms... though I’m pretty sure my maternal grandfather may have had something stashed from his time in WW2... so fair warning, I’m still learning and most likely will ask rookie questions. I took my class last October, applied in December and just received my LTC in the mail Monday. I live in a red city, so it has restrictions... I wasn’t surprised as I’d been told such by others in my city, my instructor and this board. Is it realistic for a civilian to get law enforcement training? That is the bar the firearms issuing officer placed when I inquired as to removing restrictions in the future.

I tend to post in spurts then lay low, then post again. Look forward to seeing “you” around the forum!

djbradles

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

-G
You shouldn’t shoot at homes. You may get arrested for that.

Mesatchornug

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Hi everyone! It’s so awkward writing one of these intro posts... so here I go. I’ve been lurking a bit soaking up the information and resources y’all have so kindly provided from firearms to updates on the current situation.... I may need to set a timer as I’ve gone down the proverbial rabbit hole more than once. Oh and the sense of humor I’ve found from many posters... two thumbs up!

I live in Essex County. I didn’t even remotely grow up around firearms... though I’m pretty sure my maternal grandfather may have had something stashed from his time in WW2... so fair warning, I’m still learning and most likely will ask rookie questions. I took my class last October, applied in December and just received my LTC in the mail Monday. I live in a red city, so it has restrictions... I wasn’t surprised as I’d been told such by others in my city, my instructor and this board. Is it realistic for a civilian to get law enforcement training? That is the bar the firearms issuing officer placed when I inquired as to removing restrictions in the future.

I tend to post in spurts then lay low, then post again. Look forward to seeing “you” around the forum!
Depends how they define it. If you can say the name of the town, we might be able to help. Or you might try reaching out to Comm2A

enbloc

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
...Is it realistic for a civilian to get law enforcement training? That is the bar the firearms issuing officer placed when I inquired as to removing restrictions in the future.
That sounds a little hinky, but look at it this way: If he says that, and it discourages 50-60% of new licensees from pursuing it, so-be-it.
What he's saying is not right. When you come up for a renewal ask for an Unrestricted LTC, then tell him that he can check the records and see there is no legitimate reason to deny you a full LTC. Stick to your guns and stay strong. If he still says no, ask him for a written refusal and ask for an appointment with the Chief of Police.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. Moved here from the West Coast and I'm new to the area and looking to learn from the locals here on where to shoot and teach my kids about firearms safety and responsibilities. Just got my FIC and need to get a training certificate to get my restriction removed for my LTC.

Fritz the Cat

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello. Moved here from the West Coast and I'm new to the area and looking to learn from the locals here on where to shoot and teach my kids about firearms safety and responsibilities. Just got my FIC and need to get a training certificate to get my restriction removed for my LTC.
If you are in Berkshire County I can help you find a place to shoot.

Top Bottom