New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi all! Longtime lurker here, which seems to be the theme for most trying to navigate Ma's Byzantine gun laws. I recently joined here and the BRPC and hope to get back into rifle competition, sporting clays, as well as new -to-me pistol skills. A decade ago I was a gold medalist in local NRA smallbore 3 position and as such, have a boatload of .22 rimfires and some old family shotguns. I'm an N.Y. transplant and have lived in mass for nearly a decade, but have been shooting, off and on again, for 20years. I'm also into modifying cars, and pretty much anything with an engine for that matter, as well as blacksmithing and mechanical fabrications. I look forward to learning and contributing as much as I can here, and in the meantime, maybe I'll meet a few of you at the firing line.

sacksjacked

NES Member
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Hi all! Longtime lurker here, which seems to be the theme for most trying to navigate Ma's Byzantine gun laws. I recently joined here and the BRPC and hope to get back into rifle competition, sporting clays, as well as new -to-me pistol skills. A decade ago I was a gold medalist in local NRA smallbore 3 position and as such, have a boatload of .22 rimfires and some old family shotguns. I'm an N.Y. transplant and have lived in mass for nearly a decade, but have been shooting, off and on again, for 20years. I'm also into modifying cars, and pretty much anything with an engine for that matter, as well as blacksmithing and mechanical fabrications. I look forward to learning and contributing as much as I can here, and in the meantime, maybe I'll meet a few of you at the firing line.
Welcome to the green side!

minininjer

NES Door Greeter
NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello and welcome! Big fan of BR&P (assuming you mean Braintree!). I lived very close to there at one point and went a lot, went to the monthly meetings as well. Enjoyed the low-keyness of the place. I didn’t shoot on the outdoor range much, mostly just inside. Nice to have a place that’s 24/7 with no RSO (again, speaking for the indoor ranges).

Look forward to your posts.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Snitty978

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All, I've been on here for a couple months now reading and trying to gather up as much info as i can. Recently just joined as i recently acquired my license in Lowell, Ma. Surprised at me getting approved as yes i am Asian and young. I've been doing a lot of reading on competition shooting and looks extremely challenging at the moment because i am still new to firearm shooting. Look forward to contributing and reading more on this forum and learning as much as i can on the regulations in mass. Hope everyone had a good day.

wahsben

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Hey All, I've been on here for a couple months now reading and trying to gather up as much info as i can. Recently just joined as i recently acquired my license in Lowell, Ma. Surprised at me getting approved as yes i am Asian and young. I've been doing a lot of reading on competition shooting and looks extremely challenging at the moment because i am still new to firearm shooting. Look forward to contributing and reading more on this forum and learning as much as i can on the regulations in mass. Hope everyone had a good day.
Welcome to NES!

minininjer

NES Door Greeter
NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to NES, Snitty! Thanks for the intro post. We’re looking forward to seeing your posts around the forum. Be safe and have fun out there.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Guyute

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started lurking for a couple months as I was debating trying to get my license. About a month ago I started the process, scheduling a class and applying, and now I await my town. If I do receive my LTC, I should but who knows, I plan on going green but am waiting to make sure I do receive it.

Whiskeywon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Started lurking for a couple months as I was debating trying to get my license. About a month ago I started the process, scheduling a class and applying, and now I await my town. If I do receive my LTC, I should but who knows, I plan on going green but am waiting to make sure I do receive it.
Sounds good, glad to have one more person to add to the antics. Hopefully your town isn't as bad as some of the places in Massachusetts. I'm pretty lucky to live in a town that treats it as shall issue.

Guyute

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good, glad to have one more person to add to the antics. Hopefully your town isn't as bad as some of the places in Massachusetts. I'm pretty lucky to live in a town that treats it as shall issue.
I’m in Uxbridge which is listed as a green town so hopefully it’s still that way. I’m sure I’ll know soon enough

minininjer

NES Door Greeter
NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m in Uxbridge which is listed as a green town so hopefully it’s still that way. I’m sure I’ll know soon enough
Hi Guyute! Welcome to NES! Thanks for posting and introducing yourself to us. Good luck with the LTC process. Once you get done with it, please let us know how it worked out for you. There may be someone else lurking who is also looking at getting an LTC in uxbridge and might want to know :)

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to the community . Just wanted to say hello. I am from Medford Ma. I am by no means and expert on firearms but have been shooting for some years and really enjoy the sport. I look forward to learning from the community and making a few friends hopefully.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Youngling here! Been snooper for quite a while here when trying to learn about MA law, this place is good to at least get the slightest grasp on how MA gun law works, and finally decided to step in. In process of getting Fid in Freetown (heard it's a greentown, great for when I go to try to get my LTC in 2 years!). Started off shooting at age 11, only mostly got to shoot pistols due to family preference, but got to shoot a pretty large variety of rifles too, never got to shoot a shotgun. On 18th birthday got to shoot the uzi and M4, the latter is what introduced me to the AR platform and made me a fanboy ever since! Hope to contribute to the community!

xdv9

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Youngling here! Been snooper for quite a while here when trying to learn about MA law, this place is good to at least get the slightest grasp on how MA gun law works, and finally decided to step in. In process of getting Fid in Freetown (heard it's a greentown, great for when I go to try to get my LTC in 2 years!). Started off shooting at age 11, only mostly got to shoot pistols due to family preference, but got to shoot a pretty large variety of rifles too, never got to shoot a shotgun. On 18th birthday got to shoot the uzi and M4, the latter is what introduced me to the AR platform and made me a fanboy ever since! Hope to contribute to the community!
Welcome buddy

minininjer

NES Door Greeter
NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So many new names recently. Welcome to all! I have been a bit preoccupied here with life so haven't been able to welcome everyone properly so here we are with a generic post for all.

Cheers to all and stay safe! [mg]
-Cindy

fencer

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Welcome to NES. Glad to have you aboard. I offer this visual aid to help you avoid future NES "unpleasantness"
1572908018403.png

Last edited:

fencer

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Welcome to NES. I work in Bellingham, so maybe I will bump into you at Mass Firearms School. I try to get over there once a week for some recoil therapy!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to NES! New folks should check in here and say HI!

Tell us about yourself...Where you live, your firearms experience, and how you found Northeastshooters! Thanks!
Hi I am new I have been reading the fourms for a while . I may have registered a while back but never posted here . I am 39 years old and just began owning and shooting firearms 3 years ago. I live in Rhode Island. I am married with 1 son. I saw in another post something about being a green member . What is that?

minininjer

NES Door Greeter
NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi I am new I have been reading the fourms for a while . I may have registered a while back but never posted here . I am 39 years old and just began owning and shooting firearms 3 years ago. I live in Rhode Island. I am married with 1 son. I saw in another post something about being a green member . What is that?
Hi Shawn, welcome to the forum! Being green means that you're a paying member of this community. Please check this link/thread for more information on that but as a quick summary of some reasons to join is... that you'll get a chance to win a free gun every (usually) month, there are member only meet ups and member only threads (deals on ammo? etc), group buys on stuff, etc. Not to mention, you'll be supporting a great community of like-minded individuals where we can all discuss how we don't like gun control unless you're talking about trigger and muzzle discipline :D

Enjoy and stay safe out there. Looking forward to you joining us in the other threads.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to NES! New folks should check in here and say HI!

Tell us about yourself...Where you live, your firearms experience, and how you found Northeastshooters! Thanks!
Hey there, I'm Giri (pronounced geary)! I just moved to the Fairfield area and in my junior year at SHU. I've lived in Brooklyn, Vermont, NH, Northwestern CT, Utah, Indonesia in my 21 years of living. Growing up in VT and Utah I developed a penchant for hunting as a means of putting food on the table. Started shooting with a .22 bullseye rifle at summer camp when I was 10 and have been shooting ever since. I discovered this site while searching for 100+ yard ranges and good gunsmiths in the region while lurking through forums. Figured I'd sign up to get to know more about the ins and outs of shooting here from everyone in this forum and so far it's been a ton of help. Thanks!

minininjer

NES Door Greeter
NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey there, I'm Giri (pronounced geary)! I just moved to the Fairfield area and in my junior year at SHU. I've lived in Brooklyn, Vermont, NH, Northwestern CT, Utah, Indonesia in my 21 years of living. Growing up in VT and Utah I developed a penchant for hunting as a means of putting food on the table. Started shooting with a .22 bullseye rifle at summer camp when I was 10 and have been shooting ever since. I discovered this site while searching for 100+ yard ranges and good gunsmiths in the region while lurking through forums. Figured I'd sign up to get to know more about the ins and outs of shooting here from everyone in this forum and so far it's been a ton of help. Thanks!
Hi Giri, welcome to NES! Thanks for introducing yourself. Sounds like you’ve been shooting a while now and have experience. That’s really cool, I’ve never hunted before. Looking forward to your posts in the future, maybe in some hunting threads!

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Top Bottom