1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Admin, Aug 6, 2007.

1. MicrosoftSam

MicrosoftSam

Hi everybody! I'm a former NJ resident now living in the great state of Washington, which unfortunately is going through some changes with its gun laws this summer. Recently, an acquaintance of mine inherited a number of firearms from a family member and has no interest in owning them, so I'm helping him get rid of them. While digging through some of his long guns, I realized a number of them date to pre-94 AWB and thought to myself, "What if we got these back into circulation in ban states like CT and MA?" Two birds with one stone, help out a fellow shooter in a ban state while simultaneously sticking it to the gun grabbers. As a former ban state resident, I understand the pain and BS you guys are going through.

2. minininjer

minininjer NES Door Greeter NES Member

Hi MicrosoftSam! Welcome to NES. Not sure if you're asking a specific question or just giving us some 411 on your situation... either way, not sure this is the best thread to discuss that if you actually wanted to generate any talk about it. I'd try starting your own new thread in the "General Discussion" section or doing a search on the site for any specific questions you may have. Either way, thanks for signing up and look forward to seeing you around the forum.

Cheers,
    Cindy [mg]

3. Ligas

Ligas

Thanks, Cindy. I did have a question in regards to these forums. Please forgive if it is right in front of me, as I haven't been involved with forums in a very long time, but I am having trouble posting new threads. There is also an alert that I have insufficient privileges to rely to posts. How do you gave those privileges? Thanks for any response.

4. minininjer

minininjer NES Door Greeter NES Member

Hi Ligas. I guess it depends on what kind of threads you’re talking about. If you’re talking about posting a classified ad for someone you want to sell, you have to be a green (paid) member to do that, I believe. And if you want to reply to an ad (like if you’re interested in someone’s item), you can’t rely to those threads. You’ll have to private message them instead, I think.

With all that said, I’m not an admin or mod here, I’m just sayin hi to people :) if you need further help and can’t figure out how to post a new thread, if you can figure out how to PM me, you can do that or if not, post again here and I’ll try my best to help you.

5. OwenC

OwenC

Hello everyone. My name is Owen, I just moved to Vermont after 20 years away from New England. I'm still mourning the loss of my Texas citizenship, but I'll get over it someday. I moved here for work. I've been shooting since I was 9, competing since I was 11, and working in the industry since 1998.

Choctaw and Fritz the Cat like this.
  6. Fritz the Cat

Fritz the Cat NES Member

Welcome back, and I'm sorry for your loss.
    So I can only think of two careers in VT. Let's see if I can guess. Either Homeland Security or milking cows.
    Is it one of those?

minininjer and Len-2A Training like this.
  7. Gusp

Gusp

Hi all, new member here, although not new to the site. I've been lurking for a good while (not all long-time lurkers are AG plants, by the way). My name is not actually Gus, and my birthday is not really what I entered when I joined, but hopefully that is OK.

I really enjoy guns and shooting, although I am not a particularly great shot, don't compete etc. I have a modest stable of firearms; not a particularly large collection or much that is rare or exotic to brag about. I do reload for several calibers and I cast boolits for several, but am just emerging from over a year's worth of divorce after a long-term marriage and during the past year or so had to dial shooting back quite a bit, so I'm really just getting back into it.

I live in a pretty rural area with a very low population density for this part of the country. While not much of a hunter, I'm hoping that I might get my first deer this fall on my own property. I have had to shoot a quite few animals over the years though, sometimes in my underwear, that were predating the livestock I raised.

Mostly I just like guns and plinking, from .22 to .45-70. Despite not having that much in the way of a collection I'm especially interested in historical guns, revolvers, blued steel and walnut etc., but I like modern plastic guns too, in a variety of calibers and especially small concealment arms. History, mechanics, and practical use are equally interesting for me.

I tend not to be that great on keeping up with forums, but who knows, this one might be different. I have gained a lot from reading here over the last couple years and glad I now can click on pictures, etc. Who knows, I might chime in on a discussion once in a while. So I just wanted to introduce myself in case anyone wanted to know who I was if I happened to weigh in. Thanks to the founder, mods and all the thoughtful participants in this forum. You may commence hazing, if you wish.

Gusp

8. Fritz the Cat

Fritz the Cat NES Member

Well you just described 90% of NES

cockpitbob likes this.