1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Admin, Aug 6, 2007.

1. SpringShield

SpringShield

Hi, I'm from Agawam, and due to my profession, I think I'll keep most other personal info out of public view. But, I will say that I've been interested in shooting and carrying for many years, and have finally received my permit to do so in MA. I decided to join this forum so that I could talk with like-minded people about the second amendment, and how people are so willing to just throw away their rights.

See you around!

wahsben, gscott, enbloc and 3 others like this.

2. recreationaltargetmisser

recreationaltargetmisser

Hello everyone I'm Frank from Saugus MA. I just recently registered so I'm dropping in to say hello.

enbloc and wahsben like this.
  3. RovingMick

RovingMick

Hi folks, Darren from Dover NH checkin in. I escaped from NYS 6mo ago and this whole 'freedom' thing is slowly setting in. I'm completely new to guns and found this forum as a means to learn and reach out to like-minded people. I'm hoping to build my first ar15 within the next year, so I've been soaking up info from here and all over youtube. I've also been real interested in hunting and trapping, so hopefully I can meet some people to show me the ropes as time goes on. See ya around!

enbloc, Dirtypacman and wahsben like this.
  4. RogueTorino

RogueTorino NES Member

Hey everyone,

I'm Joe from western Ma. I'm not really new to the forum I've been around for awhile just mostly reading stuff. I'm likely be a bit more active now that I plan to have more range time.

Fritz the Cat, enbloc and wahsben like this.
  5. Iorndealer

Iorndealer

Hello, I’ve just registered and want to check in. My Username is Iorndealer but friends call me Tony. I Live In the oppressed state of NY just outside NYC and am fortunate one to have CCW permit. I’m retired and looking forward to travel up your ways once I find out how to do it legally. Hope to meet some like minded persons, support the 2nd Amendment. I’ve been at it for over 40 years but I’m sure that I can learn a few things more. Looking forward to the future and of course Happy New Year.

gscott, Fritz the Cat, enbloc and 2 others like this.
  6. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman NES Door Greeter

Welcome Darren,

I live in SALEM and have business in Somersworth. Glad your enjoying your freedoms. I would be more then happy to help you with questions or a shooting buddy when interested. I don’t do much for trapping and hunting but I am sure others on the forum can help you along.

enbloc likes this.
  7. Labrobot

Labrobot NES Member

Hi NES'ers,

New here and boy do I have a lot to learn. Always wanted to get into shooting, but kids, family, house, expenses.. got in the way. Kids are older now, so it's time for dad to have some fun. Friend at work got me into a GOAL class and 107 days later got my unrestricted LTC. Been going to MFS almost every week since trying different guns and trying to settle in on the first purchase.

Have to apologize for having my head in the sand in the past and not truly knowing what you guys were going through. It really is eye opening to learn what restrictions legal gun owners have to do\follow in MA. I'm doing my best now to learn more about the laws and educate friends about the absurdities. Slowly getting more people at work interested.

I've been lurking here for a month or two soaking in as much as I can and finally went green. Thanks to the admins\mods\regulars, you really make the site!

gscott, enbloc, Admin and 2 others like this.
  8. minininjer

minininjer NES Door Greeter NES Member

Hi Labrobot,

Welcome to NES! Thanks for taking the time to write an introduction post for us all. An early congrats on your first purchase. You're doing everything right, trying out new guns before you made your choice. Everyone is different and there are many choices out there for folks.

And cheers on becoming a green member. Thank you for supporting this community. I hope you see you around the threads.

Stay safe and have fun,
    Cindy [mg]

enbloc likes this.
  9. Cipher

Cipher NES Member

Good evening folks. I am from Mass (Worcester county) and just finished a basic firearms safety course. I am looking to get my LTC and this forum has been extremely helpful educating me on the process. I recently joined the NRA an am glad to see other like minded folks in Massachusetts.

Admin, enbloc and Fritz the Cat like this.
  10. minininjer

Hi Cipher! Welcome to the NES community. Cool, I hope you get your LTC sooner rather than later with no complications. Once you receive your LTC, perhaps consider posting your town, along with how long it took to receive your license. There may be others in your town, about to apply, and want to know the timeframe and how smoothly (or not) the process went for you.

Glad you found the forum to be useful. If you sign up as a green member, not only are you supporting this awesome forum, you’ll get member rights to certain things like meet ups,, free giveaways (karma), members only threads and more!

Look forward to seeing you around on the forum.

Cheers,
    Cindy [mg]

enbloc likes this.
  11. Cipher

Cipher NES Member

I'm sold! Will be joining thanks.

enbloc and minininjer like this.
  12. minininjer

That was fast!

Hey Boss, we got another one! :cool::):D

SERE, enbloc, Admin and 1 other person like this.
  13. bottle-cap

bottle-cap NES Member

Everyone should be a contributing Green Member. Navigation in the forums is better, no advertisements to sift through, etc.

14. enbloc

enbloc NES Life Member NES Member

Welcome to All! You will find NES the best place to ask questions, find answers and make friends in the Firearms World.
    Please feel free to join in!

~Matt

15. TrackDayRdr

TrackDayRdr NES Member

Long time shooter, first time NES member from Wilmington, MA. Member at MA Rifle.

16. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman NES Door Greeter

Hello and welcome TrackDayRdr,

Thanks for introducing yourself. I believe many other MA Rifle members post here. Join on in the conversations and hope you enjoy.

enbloc, TrackDayRdr and minininjer like this.
  17. tacvet

tacvet

Hello everyone,

Been lurking for a while. I’m located in Lexington, never shot until I joined the Air Force as a forward air controller and realized what I had been missing. Heard about this forum from a classmate at my law school. I’m interested in getting involved with 2A advocacy groups if anyone knows of any opportunities.

18. minininjer

Hi, tacvet. Welcome to NES. There's plenty of opportunities around. Some are that you can join and support groups like GOAL and us here at NES. Other opportunities are perhaps you can start spreading the word and getting others involved in shooting as well. Maybe convert an anti into being pro 2nd or even just try to get them to be neutral if they're super anti. Bring family and friends to the range with you and show them a safe and fun time. Be on the lookout for rallies in Boston. They happen from time to time. You'll either hear about those here on NES and/or from GOAL.

Thanks for taking the time to write an intro post for us and also thank you for your service in the Air Force.

Cheers,
    Cindy [mg]

enbloc likes this.
  19. JKGizmo

JKGizmo NES Member

Hey everyone, I'm from Franklin,MA. I'm a longtime lurker, a several time classifieds buyer, and a relative newbie to shooting even though I'd like to think I'm better than I am. When I'm not expending brass I'm a jeeper and a carpenter. I didn't necessarily grow up around guns but I've always been a history buff and naturally fell in love with weaponscraft and tactics. I applied for my LTC in mid 2017 and bought my first handgun a few months after that, and EDC has become a staple of my lifestyle since. I've learned tons since joining, and I know I'll learn tons more (and maybe I'll write a post here and there [smile]).

- JKGizmo

fouge642, Admin, enbloc and 1 other person like this.
  20. minininjer

Hi JKGizmo! Welcome to NES. Great to have you onboard with us. Thanks for the intro post as well. It's always nice and fun to learn a little somethin' somethin' about new people joining us. Look forward to seeing you post more.

Cheers,
    Cindy [mg]

enbloc, fouge642 and JKGizmo like this.
  21. jmorrison518

jmorrison518 NES Member

New member from Bellingham here. Been lurking for a while. You all seem like a great group of folks. Plan to sit back and learn for a while before wading in too deep.

enbloc, Admin and Fritz the Cat like this.
  22. minininjer

Hi jmorrison, welcome to NES! Thanks for the intro post. Feel free to check out off topic threads too for some more casual, general topics if you don't want to dive into the gun threads just yet. Either way, thanks for becoming a green member and supporting the community.

Cheers,
    Cindy [mg]

enbloc likes this.
  23. Fritz the Cat

Fritz the Cat NES Member

Is the 518 related to the area code?

enbloc likes this.
  24. jmorrison518

jmorrison518 NES Member

Wedding anniversary. :)

enbloc and Fritz the Cat like this.
  25. MPhilip_510

MPhilip_510

Greetings from North Attleborough! Not new to Forums, but new here. Started shooting when I earned my Rifle Merit Badge. Took a long break and was recently reintroduced to shooting with friend's firearms. Just paid my fee and got fingerprinted yesterday. Been doing all kinds of research here and out in the real world. Interests here include, but are not limited to Target/Skeet and military arms.

Thanks
    Marc

enbloc, Admin and Fritz the Cat like this.
  26. minininjer

Hi, Marc! Welcomes to the NES community and welcome back to shooting! Hope you'll get your LTC soon and without too much delay. Look forward to seeing your posts about the forum.

Cheers,
    Cindy [mg]

enbloc likes this.
  27. JesseeS

JesseeS

Hey all! New to the forum from Rhode Island. Been shooting for a few years now and finally got my CCW. Always looking to learn more and happy to be a part of this forum.

enbloc and Admin like this.
  28. Dan Dingfelder

Dan Dingfelder

Hello everyone! As you can tell my name is Dan. I stumbled across NES a few days ago and as I live in Maine, I decided I should join. I have lived in Maine all my life and been shooting since I was 8 or 9 in preparation for hunting at 10. I recently (the last two years) have been learning to reload. I love shooting, hunting, fishing and exploring in my UTV or pickup truck. Looking forward to learning from some seasoned reloaders and fellow shooters!

29. minininjer

Hi JesseeS! Welcome to NES. Congrats on getting your license. Look forward to you joining in on the conversations around the forum.

Cheers,
    Cindy [mg]

Hi Dan, welcome to NES! Sounds like you'll fit in just fine with us here. See you around the forum.

Cheers,
    Cindy [mg]

30. sahozza

sahozza

Evening everyone, Marine vet down in Quincy Ma. Oddly enough my flat mate introduced me to NES. I've been shooting and had my LTC for a while. Looking to build My first AR and get into precision/trigun so any help would be appreciated.