• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hello and welcome to Bragg31 (Scott), and ladOregon :)

Glad to have you both find the forum. Thanks Scott for becoming a paid member and going green we appreciate the support. You will find plenty of great people here an awesome shooting community.
Lad my Mom's out in Oregon as we speak, she spends winters there instead of here. Hope you enjoy the site.

See you both in the discussions.

I think I might have hit the post button prematurely. But if I'm repeating myself I apologize. Wussup NES! My name is Chan and I reside in good ole Lowell, MA. I'm a member of the Centralville Sportsmans Club in Dracut. Like everyone else in Lowell I think the gun laws are insane, but hey what can yah do? I've been shooting for a few years now and have met alot of great friends along the way. This seems like a very informative site and am glad to be here.

I think the gun laws are insane, but hey what can yah do?

Invite your local legistraitor to go shooting with you - convert him/her to a gunnie instead of an anti.
Follow all local elections/city meetings - make sure your selectman knows who you are and how you want him/her to vote.
Call them - frequently. Write them on issues that are important to you - all it takes is TEN written letters for a MA state legistraitor to start thinking an issue is a hot one and treat it accordingly. NOT email, snailmail.
Run for office yourself.
Donate to GOAL and volunteer.

That a good enough list to get you started?

Welcome to NES!

Hello and welcome Squall and biv200

Glad to have you both. As dwarven1 had stated join your local pro-2nd organizations and fight the good fight with us.
COMM2A, GOAL, NRA

Hey Chris,

Glad you came by to introduce yourself. Happy to hear you got the referral from turbo and John. Have not spoken to John in quite sometime hope he is doing well :)

Enjoy the site and jump in the discussions!

John is doing well, and the shop is buzzing with work. I really can't say enough about the guy. When I met him, My father and I stopped in to see about a slide and barrel for my Grand Fathers WWII Ithaca. We quickly determined that it was too much of an heirloom to fool with so we started discussing the pros and cons of a custom. He showed us around the shop, showing us different projects and such. He asked what I was looking to do and I told him how I was lusting after a Springfield TRP Operator with the full rail/dustcover, and shared my disappointment with it not being MA compliant. Without skipping a beat he brought me to his store room and showed me a 1911 he built that was almost identical. He then brought us to the stock room and showed us a number of frames and slides during different stages of completion. It was then I saw an unstamped, unserialed full rail/dustcover frame he had left over form a batch and asked if it was for sale. John grabbed it from me, then grabbed a slide and started hand fitting it right there! I told him I didn't have any money right then and wouldn't know when I would and he said "don't worry about it, if you decide you want it it will be here." And continued to keep fitting it.
I was blown away, here's this guy who's doesn't know me from a hole in the wall, and clearly doesn't need my money, just spent the better part of 2 and a half hours talking to my father and I and began hand fitting a pistol that I didn't know if I could buy.
Customer service means a lot to me and John really made us feel welcome. I decided when I got home I was going to start saving and buy that pistol. Four months later it's paid off and I'm just waiting for it to be finished. Actually, the last time I stopped in to see the progress I met turbo38gn and we shot the shit for a while and turned me on to NE shooters forum.
Sorry for the long story, I just wanted to share my experiences with Remsport and how great they are to work with.

Hey Boys!

Ive been watching this forum for a couple weeks as i wait for my LTC. I finally decided to join . My names Madison for short but people call maddie or Bee and i just turned 28 on the 3rd. . Anyways ..I was totally anti-gun till i went to a range and i really liked it :) so did some more research and decided i love the HK line . Yes i know massachusetts is not conductive to that brand lol. But i found a guy with a 2009 Hk 9mm compact and im picking it up as soon as i get the license in the mail. The license proceedure was 15 min total chief just started filling out the sheet on tue computer and he said what class i wanted and i said class a, he picked from the list class a unrestricted and poof . Off it went to the information superhighway. So thats nice:) back to Hk . It looks in great shape from the pictures and i can't wait to see it . And if you must know yea it was a grand . But it came with a holster and 2 regular mags which i told him not to even show up with those post ban mags. I ordered 2 10rd from cdnn. And am waiting for my license to come in so i can pick up federal Hst 124 gr. From their website. I usually head down to north attleboro's american firearma school's range on tuesday night :) its fun and ladies get in free.... Mostly why i go :) nice perk:).

hi the name s John and I live in Rockwood MI
I stumbled on the site while reading and seen where some one asked about wall mart federal champion ammo and thought Id post a reply
I reload and do a lot of shooting at the range as well as hunting and fishing

John is doing well, and the shop is buzzing with work. I really can't say enough about the guy. When I met him, My father and I stopped in to see about a slide and barrel for my Grand Fathers WWII Ithaca. We quickly determined that it was too much of an heirloom to fool with so we started discussing the pros and cons of a custom. He showed us around the shop, showing us different projects and such. He asked what I was looking to do and I told him how I was lusting after a Springfield TRP Operator with the full rail/dustcover, and shared my disappointment with it not being MA compliant. Without skipping a beat he brought me to his store room and showed me a 1911 he built that was almost identical. He then brought us to the stock room and showed us a number of frames and slides during different stages of completion. It was then I saw an unstamped, unserialed full rail/dustcover frame he had left over form a batch and asked if it was for sale. John grabbed it from me, then grabbed a slide and started hand fitting it right there! I told him I didn't have any money right then and wouldn't know when I would and he said "don't worry about it, if you decide you want it it will be here." And continued to keep fitting it.
I was blown away, here's this guy who's doesn't know me from a hole in the wall, and clearly doesn't need my money, just spent the better part of 2 and a half hours talking to my father and I and began hand fitting a pistol that I didn't know if I could buy.
Customer service means a lot to me and John really made us feel welcome. I decided when I got home I was going to start saving and buy that pistol. Four months later it's paid off and I'm just waiting for it to be finished. Actually, the last time I stopped in to see the progress I met turbo38gn and we shot the shit for a while and turned me on to NE shooters forum.
Sorry for the long story, I just wanted to share my experiences with Remsport and how great they are to work with.

good luck, I hope it works when you shoot it..... oh and you picked the best place to join, NES is full of great people.

Hello and welcome Queen Bee (Madison) and john9469

Glad to have you both on board here. Nice to have another lady on the board Madison - thanks for joining into the discussions.
John always can use another perspective from outside our normal New England states.

Hope you both enjoy the site as much as the rest of us.

Hi guys,

My name is Wes. I'm from VT. I like military style weapons from the last 100 years or so but I have a little bit of everything. I occasionally shoot IPSC or IDPA. I found out about the site through ARFCOM.

Glad to have you here WesMerc (Wes)
Always happy to have another in the group :)
So you like the old military stuff - don't we all!
Enjoy the discussions and hope to see you join in them.

New member here.

Hi all,

My name is Chris, I live in Londonderry and I decided to get back into my first true hobby again, firearms. It's been well over 25 years since I went shooting so I think I might be a little rusty.

I'll have to blame this on my good friend Jeremy. He said "you live in NH and you don't go shooting??"

Well, he didn't exactly say it like that, but I'll blame him anyway. :)

Hello Spiro (Chris)

Never to late to get back into a hobby you like. Glad your friend pushed you back into the fold.
Enjoy the site and we look forward to having you in the discussions.

Thanks guys.

I was going to pick up a Socom M1A for target shooting but I found out after some reading that I can buy a hand gun for target shooting as easy as a rifle in NH. Wow!

Being from Ma. it was more involved back then to get a hand gun then it was a rifle.

Thanks guys.

I was going to pick up a Socom M1A for target shooting but I found out after some reading that I can buy a hand gun for target shooting as easy as a rifle in NH. Wow!

Being from Ma. it was more involved back then to get a hand gun then it was a rifle.

Yep things are pretty easy in NH and VT. You have a few good gunshops in your area. Riley's being one of the bigger ones in the state. My wife's family lives in Londonderry. Nice place.

Hello everyone, just thought i would pop in and say hello from Texas, happy to be here. Glad i found this site, finding some good information so far!

Just joined the site a short while ago. Great to see a fourm like this for (mostly) like-minded people. I haven't ownwed any fire-arms(lived in Jersey) for a few years but just recently got my LTC-A again and am looking forward to getting back into a hobby I really enjoy. Recently picked up an M&P .40 w/trigger job already done, for a smoking deal and couldn't be happier with it. Looking to get into IDPA soon. Live in Western Mass....you know, PAST 495?... and work in public safety.

Just joined the site a short while ago. Great to see a fourm like this for (mostly) like-minded people. I haven't ownwed any fire-arms(lived in Jersey) for a few years but just recently got my LTC-A again and am looking forward to getting back into a hobby I really enjoy. Recently picked up an M&P .40 w/trigger job already done, for a smoking deal and couldn't be happier with it. Looking to get into IDPA soon. Live in Western Mass....you know, PAST 495?... and work in public safety.

Where about? I'm in spfld, welcome!

Hi everyone My name is Adam im 31yrs old i live up in essex county 495 belt, I am fairly new to the world of the Firearms lifestyle also new to this forum thing so bear with me.. and have really gotten alot of great info from this forum so i decided to join up. From all of the post i have read everyone seems to be very laid back and strait forward which you all will see thats the type of person i am. I look Forward to being apart of this Great website.

GOD BLESS AMERICA/D.T.O.M [cheers]

Hello and welcome to the newest recruits:
Iron, Biggy (thanks for going green!), It Works Everytime and Rattlesnake (Adam)

Glad to have you all.

Iron - how are things down in Texas, happy you came by to say hello.

Hope you all enjoy the site as much as the rest of us :)

Hello everyone. My name is Tony and I'm from Holden Ma. I came across this site various times on my quest for firearms info so I decided to join. I have a lot to learn about the world of firearms but I think that being a member of this community is a start in the right direction. As far as firearms interests are concerned I lean more towards rifles but I'm anxious to try and learn any firearm. With time I hope to graduate from total nub to novice hehe. Anyways I'm planning on attending an Appleseed event in June at the HSC and eventually become a club member at the Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club with my father. Wish me luck! BTW I received my Class A Unrestricted LTC last week. Could not be happier :D

Last edited:
Hello Vopht

Happy to hear your unrestricted Class A - be safe and enjoy
Very cool that you will be attending an Appleseed - I too have to get to one this summer. Who knows maybe I will get to meet you :)

Hope you enjoy the forum

Back
Top Bottom