• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New folks check in and say HI #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

(posted over in off-topic, thanks cdkayak for pointing me to the correct topic)

I am soon to be moving to your neck of the woods and was very happy to find this place (I work from home and my wife just got a job in MA so off we go).

Thankfully it looks like we have found a house in Windham, NH which seems a much better place to live than MA (no insults intended to MA'izans but as a permanent resident/not yet a citizen I would like to hang onto my handgun ownership rights).

I also found the Pelman gun club which seems good, anyone have any feedback?, also would appreciate any advice on where to buy guns/ammo (while b***ting about the state of the country/world to like minded people).

Hope to meet some of you at a range or over a beer some day.

Welcome Mark..

Good choice finding that house in NH! And you by NO means insulted any of us Ma**h***s. We know our state is literally HELL!!

Hope you enjoy your stay
Adam

Just wanted to check in-
I'm not acually a MA resident yet but I'm going to be moving up to the Boston area in the next two months and I'm here to get as much info as I can, especially about the legal aspects of owning firearms in MA. This forum is really great- I can't tell you how glad I am that I check in here before settling in to Mass..especially given what a difference the town you live in makes in terms of licenses...

Anyways, thanks to the board for providing this place to talk and learn and thanks to the members that have already given me a warm welcome and a lot of info to work with.

Hello Y'all

Hello, Y’all;

I’ve been a member of this board for a while, posted a handful of times, but never introduced myself. I thought I would rectify that.

My name is Patrick Scott.

I’ve been shooting off and on for most of my life. I’ve been shooting regularly for at least 10 years now. Mostly, I shoot handguns recreationally. I shoot trap and sporting clays now and again. I regularly help instruct an NRA Basic Pistol/MA BFSC course.

In addition to shooting, I work as a Computer Programmer, in the Health Care Field, and I study Criminal Justice at MassBay.

I’m originally from Phoenix, AZ; I came to Massachusetts 5 years ago.

Most importantly I’m married to SiameseRat, and we have 5 adorable animals (if you don’t count the cute mice that live in the kitchen ceiling.)

Best regards,
Patrick

Oh, and I like to knit me a nice doilie. :)
http://northeastshooters.com/viewtopic.php?t=4261&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Pat,

Welcome to the forums. It's about time you introduced yourself to the group!! [lol]

Now the only one we need to get on the forum is Lora and we'll have the entire crew! [wink] [Hint to Mike!]

I hope you do enjoy it here.

Hello!

I've been around since last June or so, though I'm mostly a lurker here, with occasional bursts of posts around newbie questions. :)

I'm 37 (38 next month -- ack!) and live in Arlington, MA, where I've lived for 10+ years. I'm a software engineer. Politically I guess I'd call myself a right-libertarian.

I received my ALP LTC-A on 21 November 2005 and bought my first gun (a Ruger MkIII Hunter .22LR) just over a week ago. I eventually plan to pick up something like a SIG P226 in 9mm. I joined GOAL and the NRA the day I got my license and for a club joined Mass Rifle last month.

I've thought about getting my license and some firearms for a few years now. Seeing Reilly running for governor made me decide to go for the license now and buy some firearms before who knows what future idiocy is enacted. Also, we may be in the position of inheriting some firearms in the mid-term future (an HK91, a couple of generic revolvers, and a pair of 20 gauge shotguns, including one that is around 100 years old).

My wife just applied for her license a week and a half ago. As I said elsewhere, it looks like she'll also be getting an ALP, since that's what the licensing offer had checked off in MIRCS when he printed the final, computerized form for her to sign. Keeping those fingers crossed :).

I found out about Northeast Shooters from link to the forums on Four Seasons's website. I've really enjoyed it here, have gotten some good anwers, and have learned a lot.

Ran into the boss today , so I figured I should check back in.

(edit)
oh ya, where was that pizza from?

HEQUICK said:
Ran into the boss today , so I figured I should check back in.

(edit)
oh ya, where was that pizza from?

It's about time you come back. Montie's Pizza, west main st Northboro. They make good pies. It was pretty cool meeting you in person today HEQUICK... [wink]

Hi,

My name is James and I'm in southern MA.

I did a FTF ammo transaction w/ centermass181 and he pointed me here.
This board seems alot more civil than ar15.com can be. Nice to have a board that's more locally focused. That's what I liked about goal.org's mailing list, when they had one years ago.

I've been a member at Holbrook for a few years, but haven't made it to the range in over a year! (I definately plan on changing that)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom