New folks check in and say HI #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am new to this forum. Did some target shooting along time ago and have just gotten my LTC (literally today) and plan to get back into it. Would love to hear what others suggest as a good target pistol. Both the S&W model 41 and the Ruger Mark III. Have been suggested to me. Thoughts?

Welcome to NES, Blair!

There have been MANY discussions about nice target .22lr pistols. Try out the Search function. In addition to the S&W 41 and Ruger Mark III, the S&W 22A is also very popular...I own one and love it.

Hi,

I am new to this forum. Did some target shooting along time ago and have just gotten my LTC (literally today) and plan to get back into it. Would love to hear what others suggest as a good target pistol. Both the S&W model 41 and the Ruger Mark III. Have been suggested to me. Thoughts?

Welcome to the forum, I am pretty new here also. I have a SW and had a ruger and also now have a Walther P22 and that is the one I would recommend.
Lee

Welcome to the new folks. Hope you enjoy it here.

Wrt P22s, do some research here first! They tend to be finicky on ammo and that can easily frustrate a new shooter, and it is made of soft metal as well. So it is a good gun if it feeds ammo for you (seems that if you polish the feedramp this problem can be minimized), but there are other choices to consider as well.

I have not had an issue with myP22. It is a good feeling and shoot little 22 and cycles through box after box of the cheaper ammo from Walmart. My Ruger was finicky and my S/W had to have to barrel replaced right off the bat and a new firing pin after about 500 rounds.
Lee

Hi,

Welcome Blair

I had a S&W 422, nice gun, BUT, I fell into a deal on a Ruger MKII Competition Traget model (CTm). I set it up with a nice Volqurtsen grip and one of the projection sights and I love it, boy doe's it shoot sweet groups. I bought it to get involved in some Bulls Eye Shooting.

The MK IIIs are nice but I didn't like the ones I saw, I didn't see the new MK III CTm though. The photo's I have seen of it looks nice, but I haven't had one in my hand. Ya can't go wrong with the Ruger or the S&W 41, but the 41 is alot more money.

Well welcome again

David

Last edited:
Hello All,

New member from Lynn here, 32 y/o and holder of LTCs in MA, NH and FL as well as a C&R FFL.

Just joined yesterday and already got great replies to my first post, so I'm really looking forward to being part of this great online community. I think I found the link on the Four Seasons website.

I joined up earlier this evening. My name is Tony and I live in Vermont thus "tonyvt". I am off to Powderhorn in Williston tomorrow morning to check out a new 40 S+W. Still not sure if I will come how with a Glock 23, Sig 226 or possibly a Springfield XD. If I stumble across a good used Redhawk 45lc all bets are off.[smile]

Hello all,It's great to join a community that has the same thoughts of our greatest right. I am new to concelled carry,and would like any input on it.
hope to talk to all and make some friends.

Welcome to the new folks. Hope you enjoy it here.

Set User CP to show ALL THREADS. Then go to Gun Laws forum and do Advanced Search for concealed carry or other legal topics of interest. Also read the Stickies at the top of each forum. You will learn a lot and get answers to most of your questions this way.

Enjoy!

Welcome Tonyvt and Gtennder. Thanks and congrats to Gtennder for stepping to the plate and becoming a NES member right away.

B.J.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom