• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New folks check in and say HI #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve here from Medfield, MA - new to the forum within the past few weeks. I have been so impressed by the volume of informaiton and the responsivness of this network. A truely invaluable resource for someone like myself who is just getting into this. Thanks so much - keep up the great work!

Welcome, Moga & Saint194!

Moga, great choice for a first gun - mine was a Model 19 back in 1981. Now... don't be stupid like I was and SELL it sometime later! [wink]

intro

My name is Jon, I'm 26 and from Worcester, MA and recently got my LTC-A Restricted (duh Duh DUH!). I have been lurking on here for several months to get my bearings around the hoops we have to jump through to get anything firearms related in this state.

I spent the last several years shooting every once in a while with my dad, from his AR15, Colt 1911, and Browning HP to .22s in many varieties. In my spare time, I collect custom and production knives, participate in a local airsoft team (where the firearms fascination was truly cultivated). I hesitate to admit it (geek alert), but I do play videogames and watch anime in my free time, though both seem to be tapering off as I get older. I am also what people consider a geardo.

I have a SiG P229R .40 in two-tone coming to Four Seasons that will hopefully be this Thursday, and eagerly chomping at the bit for it.

I'm glad to have a resource like the NES forum available.

Thanks for reading.

Jon

Thanks for the welcomes!

Basically a geardo is anyone predisposed to nylon of the tactical variety (vests, pouches, packs etc), usually designed for military use. The geardo term can also encompass, related items (flashlights, weaponlights, knives etc).

At least thats what i consider to be a definition.
[smile]
jon

Thanks for the definition, Jon. I think to some extent all who hang out here are geardos. [grin]

joncalibur said:
Thanks for the welcomes!

Basically a geardo is anyone predisposed to nylon of the tactical variety (vests, pouches, packs etc), usually designed for military use. The geardo term can also encompass, related items (flashlights, weaponlights, knives etc).

At least thats what i consider to be a definition.
[smile]
jon

Hello All,

My name is Ray and I live in/will be applying in Medford. I just completed be "Basic Pistol Certification" course with Instructional Shooting in Lowell. I just need to stop by the Medford PD and pick up my application packet to get the process started.

I would appreciate any opinions on the preferred gun clubs in the area--I'm considering Mass Rifle in Woburn.

Second, for a couple of specific reasons, I would like to use the services of an attorney in preparing/filing my application. Has anyone an opinion or personal experience in the use of Darius or Scrivener--or an opinion as to which is the better attorney [wink] ?

rclarkston said:
Has anyone an opinion or personal experience in the use of Darius or Scrivener--or an opinion as to which is the better attorney [wink] ?

Welcome!

As for that last question... I think we should put them into a circle of sand, and let them settle that with a good old fashioned PIT FIGHT!

Hi everyone. I registered here several months ago but have not posted until now. You may know me from some of the other boards. I use the same name everywhere.

I don't recall where I first heard about this board, but have checked in every now and then.

Nice site. [smile]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom