• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New FN 509 pistol

not sure how it's different from the FNS, which is a fantastic striker pistol in itself.

Just call it the FNS 2.0 [wink] Very underwhelming when compared to the fns-9 haha

yup it's an FNS with a few minor tweeks here and there. overall that's still a compliment seeing as the FNS-9 is probably one of the nicest striker guns ever built. FN hit a home run with the FNS design but unfortunately didn't really market the gun and it came out far too late to really get a big piece of the striker market.

the upside is that the FNS prices should drop now that this model is out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not that I'm complaining about abundant pistol choices, but there are so many that are just flooding the market like crazy. Most of them are the same ol' story and don't add anything to the pot. Besides, 509 sounds like Levis jeans.

How much do they go for in MA? I remember holding a 509 a few months ago and the grip felt comfortable but the trigger was significantly heavier than CZ P-10c, which goes for under $500, but outside of MA. I guess a better comparison would be with M&P compact 2.0. I haven't shot these either.

Do they put heavy triggers in the MA FN’s? Many no longer do this (see the HK VP9, Sig P320, Canik TP9, Various Springfield Armory’s, Rugers, etc.

I dont think FN is building their pistols w heavier triggers just for MA. It should habe the same trigger as other 509’s. My understanding is should be around 7-8 lb trigger.

Fine. I guess I did know the FNXs were approved as I've seen them advertised - -at least the .45s.

I've had an FNS-9 for several years and believed it was NOT on the list. It isn't .

It IS an awesome gun and my only gripes are the aggressive grips (which kill my hands after a few hundred rounds) and the lack of preban mags.

If the 509 is anything like it, it should be gtg.

Fn really only makes one decent gun the 45 tactical. Other than that meh and that's way over priced

That could be the most ignorant statement I've ever seen on this forum and there is a lot of that. They make all our light machine guns, they currently have the contract for our m16s and m4s, they made the best battle rifle of all time. They made the best vehicle mounted 50 cal of all time. One of the best competition shotguns. And some of the most iconic handguns of all time. The FN 45 is one of the worst guns they make.. and its still great.

Some of FN's developements:
FN FAL
FN SCAR
The new military contract for the M4 and M16
FN P90
98k was made by FN
MK3
M249 Saw
M240B
M2HB 50 cal Machine Gun is made by FN now.
SLP Semi Shotgun
Five Seven
Hi Power
FNX, FNP and FNS pistols
MK 14

The are probably the most squared away firearm developer and manufacturer of ALL TIME.

That could be the most ignorant statement I've ever seen on this forum and there is a lot of that. They make all our light machine guns, they currently have the contract for our m16s and m4s, they made the best battle rifle of all time. They made the best vehicle mounted 50 cal of all time. One of the best competition shotguns. And some of the most iconic handguns of all time. The FN 45 is one of the worst guns they make.. and its still great.

Some of FN's developements:
FN FAL
FN SCAR
The new military contract for the M4 and M16
FN P90
98k was made by FN
MK3
M249 Saw
M240B
M2HB 50 cal Machine Gun is made by FN now.
SLP Semi Shotgun
Five Seven
Hi Power
FNX, FNP and FNS pistols
MK 14

The are probably the most squared away firearm developer and manufacturer of ALL TIME.

Your correct their long arms are nice. But I despise their pistols for the most part. I will give the 509 a shot but the fns is meh fnx pistols have a ballpoint pen recoil spring. Overall not impressed with their hand guns.

Your correct their long arms are nice. But I despise their pistols for the most part. I will give the 509 a shot but the fns is meh fnx pistols have a ballpoint pen recoil spring. Overall not impressed with their hand guns.

And the shotguns suck

Yeah the FN SLP sucks for sure o_O.

If your talking about their pump I am sure it does. I also haven't looked at a pump shotgun in 15 years so there is that.

I had their hcp that thing was the worst 12 gauge I've ever shot. Felt like a mule kicking me every time

Complaining about recoil now? In a 12 gauge? Use lighter loads? Or do Pushups?

Alright I'm done here

Thought I would post my 2 cents as another NES Brother asked me for an update via pm. So here goes.

I own a 509 and for me Its a keeper. I own a “free state” version but only diffrence is what kind of mags it comes with (10 rnd vs 15). The only complaint is the “gritty trigger”. If you research the 509 there is plenty out there about it, the gritty trigger. Very simple remedy on how to fix in the video. I did it and i have 0 complaints now. Reset/travel is pretty niffty. Its very accuarate, reliable. I have about 900 down the pipe, all diffrent types/weights of projectiles with 0 issues /malfunctions. For me it feels great, shoots very nice/accurate consistently.

View: https://youtu.be/F7BjtMseA3M

I have the 509. I like the way it fits and feels in my hand. I like the big combat sights. The trigger is 6.5lbs, crisp break, similar to the Sig p320. Uptake is a little gritty, but that will smooth out. Biggest issue is finding holsters, it's a little different than the FNS or FNX.

The 509 does not have a safety, I think the FNS does, not sure though.

Back
Top Bottom