• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Florida Bill

I only caught part of this on FOX, but I just heard that Gov. Bush is introducing (?) a bill that will make it legal to shoot an intruder in your home in self defense. Evidently, you could do that before, but the victim (of the break in) had to warn the bad guy first, or try to get away before being able to do anything in self defense. Did anyone else hear this? Or get more of it than I did?

Let's hear it for Gov. Bush! 8)

I think that is correct. Also if you are carrying in public you can use deadly force to protect yourself without having to attempt to retreat first.

I heard one Liberal state rep say there is going to be old west gun fights in the street now.

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!

derek said:
I think that is correct. Also if you are carrying in public you can use deadly force to protect yourself without having to attempt to retreat first.

I heard one Liberal state rep say there is going to be old west gun fights in the street now.

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!

Didn't they say there'd be blood in the streets in GA as well?? <snort> yeah...right.

Florida bill

It should be interesting to note that it was asked of a Democratic rep why he voted for the bill. He replied 'that it was supported by the police, and that's good enough for me.' Rational thinking. I hate to place labels on people, or political affiliations, until I have seen their actions. There are a number of conservative Democrats across the country that believe in gun owner's rights and RKBA. The right to defend oneself goes to the very basics of freedom. [lol]

" Certainly, the intrinsic value of life and the duty to love oneself no less than others are the basis of a true right to self-defense." "...legitimate defense can be not only a right but a grave duty for someone responsible for another's life, the common good of the family or of the State. Unfortunately, it happens that the need to render the aggressor incapable of causing harm sometimes involves taking his life. In this case, the fatal outcome is attributable to the aggressor whose actions brought it about, ...even though he may not be morally responsible because of a lack of the use of reason."

Evangelium Vitae Encyclical Letter on the Value and Inviolability of Human Life-
His Holiness Pope John Paul II-March 25, 1995

Back
Top Bottom