New Firearms Acquisitions October 2021

Whiskeywon

NES Member
Let's start the month off strong. Rifle was finished months ago, but I placed a dealer direct order with Vortex and just got the glass in along with the mount just arrived. Fully intend on getting out to zero this week! Forgot to include: Vortex Razor Gen III 1-10 on a Scalarworks 34mm mount. Rifle.jpg

Attachments

• Rifle.jpg
    Rifle.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I was surprised to see a Ft. Smith PPK at my LGS. I jumped. I‘m hearing good thinks about the new one. Slides are made in Germany and the whole thing is machined, not cast from what I’m reading View attachment 530696
I had the opportunity to handle one of these a few months back. The new owner didn't know how to break down or reassemble it.
Luckily I saw a video a few days prior on it.

Made me want one

I'll be curious about the range report. Anything automag is a mixed bag. I always want their guns to work naturally because they're so damn cool.
I've had a few Automag 2s and 3s over they years, they all worked fine, it's just getting magazines and parts that's tough. On the other hand I had an AMT Hardballer at one point and that thing was a piece of shit jam-o-matic!

I've had a few Automag 2s and 3s over they years, they all worked fine, it's just getting magazines and parts that's tough. On the other hand I had an AMT Hardballer at one point and that thing was a piece of shit jam-o-matic!
Of the 2 I have had experiences with one works with all sorts of ammo. The other doesn't work at all (cycling problems) both IIIs. The IV in 45 WinMag works well.

My understanding (told this by the guy who headed their repair dept) is that the ones that were tight on the barrel tolerances would shrink to under tolerance after fired. He suggested chamber reamer would be the place to start.

Of the 2 I have had experiences with one works with all sorts of ammo. The other doesn't work at all (cycling problems) both IIIs. The IV in 45 WinMag works well.

My understanding (told this by the guy who headed their repair dept) is that the ones that were tight on the barrel tolerances would shrink to under tolerance after fired. He suggested chamber reamer would be the place to start.
.That could have been what I was experiencing as I didn’t have the bandwidth at the time to tinker with them.
Yeah, I’ve had a III and a IV and neither of them worked for shit which is a shame because those are guns you want to work because they’re just fun. .30 carbine shot pure fire out the front and just brings a smile. Neither shot one of the hardballers though.

My vury furst G-Lock!

$491+tax w/3 mags and an ez loader.

I haven’t really been buying a lot of guns/gun stuff lately, but this was a purpose driven purchase.

This is going to accompany me into bear country next spring.

10 manometers of Yogi death!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    513.2 KB · Views: 60
Back
Top Bottom