New Firearms Acquisitions August 2021

My very first gun that my dad gave me for my 13th birthday was a single shot Ithaca .22 lever gun. In the 50 years + since then, I've dreamed of owning a "grown up" version of that gun. Well, I finally made that dream a reality yesterday, when I picked up this Winchester Model 1894, in 38-55:

full

full

full

Here's the new gun shown with my original Ithaca, that I've held onto for all these years:

full

And pretty funny comparison showing the ammo for the two of them:

full

Frank

It's our 40th Wedding Anniversary today,and this is the gift my wife gave me.
A 1948 engraved Colt 1911 Government model.View attachment 515298

Congratulations my friend on 40 yrs of wedded bliss.

Your wife is definitely a keeper

God bless you both

Nice Gun ... ;)

Very cool! Is that a Goat Gun, or some other brand? Did you do some customizing on it yourself?

Frank
It is a 1/2 scale gun, made by a company i seem to remember in Taiwan for the company which is in Hong Kong. It has all working parts and dissassembles like a real M4. They also have a tan M4 with rails vs the plastic handguard and upgrades like the supressor. The Glock is also made by them and is similar, really high quality.

I have collected a number of goat guns which are cool but not to this level of detail. I am going to build a display frame for all of the replicas and display them.

I can send you links to the website in Hong Kong if you want, it isnt super cheap due to shipping but it a really cool replica.

1301 tactical marine, after a proper clean and lube I can't wait to get out shoot this thing. If only the Nordic tubes and Aridus crom mounts would get off backorder I'd be a happy man.
I just took mine out of the box, wiped it down real quick and put 100 rounds of buckshot and slugs thru it, not one hiccup. Fantastic shotgun!

1301 tactical marine, after a proper clean and lube I can't wait to get out shoot this thing. If only the Nordic tubes and Aridus crom mounts would get off backorder I'd be a happy man.
View attachment 515609

View attachment 515610
It is a fantastic shotty. I had to wait 2-3 months a year or so ago for the Nordic extension and the CROM Trijicon mount, also got the magpul stock adapter. Awesome setup.

It is a fantastic shotty. I had to wait 2-3 months a year or so ago for the Nordic extension and the CROM Trijicon mount, also got the magpul stock adapter. Awesome setup.
Where did you end up getting the Nordic extension? I'm trying to decide who to place my back order with.

Where did you end up getting the Nordic extension? I'm trying to decide who to place my back order with.
I got the Nordic extension kit at DSGArms.

I ordered it from some clown show business first because they said they had it in stock, they jerked me around for weeks, then admitted they didn't have any...

I also picked up the Nordic Shotgun Follower, nice as it is red and easily visible.

The Aridus stuff is also worth waiting for if you want a red dot.

1301 finished.jpg

I got the Nordic extension kit at DSGArms.

I ordered it from some clown show business first because they said they had it in stock, they jerked me around for weeks, then admitted they didn't have any...

I also picked up the Nordic Shotgun Follower, nice as it is red and easily visible.

The Aridus stuff is also worth waiting for if you want a red dot.

View attachment 515951
I've definitely noticed when you Google Nordic and Aridus parts you'll get a ton of results of companies that you've never heard of before that also seem to sell them for way lower than the MSRP and are in stock, if it seems too good to be true then it probably is. At least the Nordic site gives you a list of authorized retailers. I also noticed that on the Aridus FB page they said they have 1301 parts currently in manufacturing and available soon.

It's our 40th Wedding Anniversary today,and this is the gift my wife gave me.
A 1948 engraved Colt 1911 Government model.View attachment 515298 Very nice. There weren't many C-prefix 1948 Colts witht the COLT on the left side of slide. That change from right side to left side ofthe slide occured pretty late in 1948 and I've been trying to narrow down the SN transi;tion point. Could you post part of the serial number (C and first 4 numbers). Thank you.

Looks great, love the green. What kind of tube are you using?
Thanks,

Nordic MXT Extension not easy to find but sometimes they pop up on gunbroker or ebay

I was looking at the GG&G extension but really wanted the forward qd sling mount & pic rail that the Nordic offered

Thanks,

Nordic MXT Extension not easy to find but sometimes they pop up on gunbroker or ebay

I was looking at the GG&G extension but really wanted the forward qd sling mount & pic rail that the Nordic offered

I'd like to add the Nordic extension but I've heard mixed opinions on semi auto shotguns in the people's republic of MA with 5+ tubes.

Back
Top Bottom