New Firearms Acquisitions August 2021

This is a Colt model 1902 in cal. 45 long Colt.Around 4500 were made for the Philippine war,and Moro rebellion.View attachment 511751
Supposedly the .38 Long Colt version of that is the pistol that led the Army to ask JMB to design the 1911, cuz it didn't have enough stopping power...

The cartridge's relatively poor ballistics were highlighted during the Philippine–American War of 1899–1902, when reports from U.S. Army officers were received regarding the .38 bullet's inability to stop charges of frenzied Moro juramentados during the Moro Rebellion, even at extremely close ranges.[5][6][7][8] A typical instance occurred in 1905 and was later recounted by Col. Louis A. LaGarde:

Antonio Caspi, a prisoner on the island of Samar, P.I. attempted escape on Oct. 26, 1905. He was shot four times at close range in a hand-to-hand encounter by a .38 Colt's revolver loaded with U.S. Army regulation ammunition. He was finally stunned by a blow on the forehead from the butt end of a Springfield carbine.[9]
Col. LaGarde noted Caspi's wounds were fairly well-placed: three bullets entered the chest, perforating the lungs. One passed through the body, one lodged near the back and the other lodged in subcutaneous tissue. The fourth round went through the right hand and exited through the forearm.[10]

As an emergency response to the round's unexpectedly dismal performance, the U.S. Army authorized officers to carry M1873 Colt Single Action Army revolvers, chambered in .45 Colt, and issued from reserve stocks. Army Ordnance also purchased a number of M1902 revolvers (the M1902 was an improved version of Colt's Double Action Army Model 1878, a .45-caliber rod-ejector double-action revolver) for issue to officers deploying overseas.

I had a busy late July/early August…added 4 more projects to the list (2 will be SBR, one because I already have an upper and another because I want a big frame) and two new handguns, I went 6 months without anything new, now I’m playing catch-up 😂

Attachments

• 51632A13-C3D9-45D4-81B5-F5D3510DEAE4.jpeg
    51632A13-C3D9-45D4-81B5-F5D3510DEAE4.jpeg
    391.7 KB · Views: 62
  • B4B395BF-18E0-4AF3-B8CC-34957FD2DB9B.jpeg
    B4B395BF-18E0-4AF3-B8CC-34957FD2DB9B.jpeg
    387.3 KB · Views: 62
Can't seem to stop buying milsurps 🤫.....

Anyway, picked up a Gewehr 98m recently (a WW1 pattern Mauser 98 updated in the 1930's with a K98k style rear sight). It's a 1906 Mauser Oberndorf that has nearly all original parts minus the bolt and floorplate/follower. By my estimation not much was replaced during the update process. Preliminary load testing at 100yds has been very promising so far, other than needing to bump up the rear sight to get on target.....if I do my part she shoots very well.

1.jpg
6.jpg
2.jpg3.jpg
4.jpg5.jpg

I had a busy late July/early August…added 4 more projects to the list (2 will be SBR, one because I already have an upper and another because I want a big frame) and two new handguns, I went 6 months without anything new, now I’m playing catch-up 😂

Nice 45.
I have one as well.
I want that unicorn lower just to have it.
I dont even know if id do anything with it

Nice 45.
I have one as well.
I want that unicorn lower just to have it.
I dont even know if id do anything with it

I haven't shot the hk45 yet, just haven't had the time, I'm eager to though...

I was in the same boat with the unicorn lower, I wanted it, I came across one with out the color fill (which is pictured as well) and put myself on the list for a color fill, I already have plans for the colorfill (300blk sbr), through spikes the colorfill has a ridiculous lead time, I probably should have bought 2 but I think I have 6? lowers that I haven't done anything with yet, so I figured I didn't need another one right now...

lmao. Every time I see threads like this, that same thing pops into my paranoid psyche.
There's no question they watch this forum and others like it. We've been conditioned to overshare information. It takes most people who have guns like 30 seconds into a conversation to bring it up.

There's no question they watch this forum and others like it. We've been conditioned to overshare information. It takes most people who have guns like 30 seconds into a conversation to bring it up.
I'd argue we need to normalize owning guns and the more people who hear others own them, the more normal it becomes.

I always had the same thought.
Here i share my stuff.
I think i made 1 post on regular social media about stuff here.

Fostech echo sport related.

But i see the youtube 2020/2021 collection videos and im like 🤔 :nail bite:.

I kinda wish i could have the freedom of sharing on other formats without some idea interfering.

I always had the same thought.
Here i share my stuff.
I think i made 1 post on regular social media about stuff here.

Fostech echo sport related.

But i see the youtube 2020/2021 collection videos and im like 🤔 :nail bite:.

I kinda wish i could have the freedom of sharing on other formats without some idea interfering.
I don’t post anywhere but here, or directly to friends

Back
Top Bottom