• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Firearms Acquisition Thread - March 2023

A couple hand-me-downs from my father as his shooting days are pretty much behind him. A Colt Model M1917 and what I think is a S&W Model 17? Despite some pitting the S&W has decent blue on it. The Colt... well it looks like you'd expect a well used revolver over 100 years old to look like. Love 'em.

pistols.jpg

A couple hand-me-downs from my father as his shooting days are pretty much behind him. A Colt Model M1917 and what I think is a S&W Model 17? Despite some pitting the S&W has decent blue on it. The Colt... well it looks like you'd expect a well used revolver over 100 years old to look like. Love 'em.

View attachment 727881
A little 4 O steel wool with some oil on it, and that Colt will clean up just fine.

Wow. Any range report or pictures? I'm guessing about a 3 foot fireball.
LOL!! Giant fireball is exactly correct. It’s such a useless violent weapon. I have lots of pictures throughout the build. Maybe I’ll make a new post about it, really rustle some jimmie’s.

LOL!! Giant fireball is exactly correct. It’s such a useless violent weapon. I have lots of pictures throughout the build. Maybe I’ll make a new post about it, really rustle some jimmie’s.
Useless... But FUN. Gotta be loud as all hell too. Bad guy would probably die from shock more than anything.

Couple buddies and I made a day of it yesterday. Hit a bunch of shops at the mill and I picked up this beaut. First CZ I've owned, reminds me alot of my Beretta in how it feels and the weight, love the all metal and can't wait to get it to the range. Hit Shooters Outpost after that and picked up some electronic ear protection, checked out the Sig compound in Epping (impressive) and then finished with Kittery. Headed back to my buddies and assembled his 6.5 creedmoor rifle.

Overall I'd say it was a good day.
IMG-1100.jpg IMG-1101.jpg

Again no gun, but finally a carrying case for my Walther GSP
1678738581616.jpeg
19045777.257604021.jpg

View attachment 727881
That would be an outdoorsman.
Pre WWII

Back
Top Bottom