New Firearms Acquisition Thread January 2023

By my clock, we're already almost 12 hours into the new year. I think that's enough time wasted. Let's get to it.

Just brought home these two Belgian ladies, a 1967 and 1994 High Power. Don't quite know what my plan for them is....maybe reblue the '94 and add a few goodies to it, leave the '67 alone?

High Powers.jpg

Last edited:
Colt Anaconda (2021 model)

So, I got a chance to go to the range and fire this for the first time. Ran through about 20 .44 magnum and 15 .44 special rounds. I had no issues cycling the gun. The double action is about the best I have ever used in a SA/DA revolver. The SA action has just a little bit of creep but still pretty good. My Smith revolvers have better SA triggers but the Anaconda is better in DA.

anaconda_01.jpg

anaconda_02.jpganaconda_03.jpg

Last edited:
Nice. That's an expensive beast to feed lol
$47.00 per box so far. Lol

depending on how much I shoot it I will probably look to take a reloading class for it.

Need to make that determination first.

If it turns into an every once in a while fun gun I will probably not bother with reloading.

Last edited:
Nice ivory bead. Not many survived.
Thanks It and the case colors have survived 84 years thus far..

I picked it up last night.
It actually has two Ivory beads.
I bought it from the pictures sent to me.
Maybe they should have oiled it and removed some of the dust ?

20230108_235158.jpg20230108_231702.jpg

Attachments

• 20230108_231938.jpg
    20230108_231938.jpg
    806.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Well, the Colt didn't even last through the weekend. Put it and another pistol I got in trade, into a Sig 556, that came with Romeo5 red dot, AAC suppressor adapter (guess I need to get a can, now), range bag, and some ammo.

Started out with a Glock 34 and Glock 21. Seems to be going pretty well, so far.

But, there's still a few more weeks of January left....

Sig556.jpg

Last edited:
Well, the Colt didn't even last through the weekend. Put it and another pistol I got in trade, into a Sig 556, that came with Romeo5 red dot, AAC suppressor adapter (guess I need to get a can, now), range bag, and some ammo.

Started out with a Glock 34 and Glock 21. Seems to be going pretty well, so far.

But, there's still a few more weeks of January left....

View attachment 709245
Nice score, I have a short forend patrol and love it. The only downside is parts availability.

Nice score, I have a short forend patrol and love it. The only downside is parts availability.
That's really the huge catch-22 with firearms like this, or the CZ 805. I don't regret my trade, but maintaining them gets difficult. If you don't mind my asking, what's your plan if something breaks, like a firing pin?

That's really the huge catch-22 with firearms like this, or the CZ 805. I don't regret my trade, but maintaining them gets difficult. If you don't mind my asking, what's your plan if something breaks, like a firing pin?
I don't mind at all. In the near future I'm going to try to get my hands on some sig 556 parts for future use if needed. I don't have any plans on selling it and however difficult it is to find parts now it's probably only going to get worse. Same goes for my X95 tavor, love that rifle but bolt parts are impossible to find right now. I'm kicking myself for not buying them 2-3 years ago when they were all in stock on the IWI site. If you ever want to sell/trade these types of guns in the future having some spare parts to throw in probably wouldn't be the worst idea either.

I don't mind at all. In the near future I'm going to try to get my hands on some sig 556 parts for future use if needed. I don't have any plans on selling it and however difficult it is to find parts now it's probably only going to get worse. Same goes for my X95 tavor, love that rifle but bolt parts are impossible to find right now. I'm kicking myself for not buying them 2-3 years ago when they were all in stock on the IWI site. If you ever want to sell/trade these types of guns in the future having some spare parts to throw in probably wouldn't be the worst idea either.
Solid advice. I did that when I had a few Bernardelli pistols. Bought up a ton of spare parts from Numrich. But their prices didn't sting as much as Sig stuff... But better to cry now, than bleed later. Anyway, thanks. [thumbsup]

Back
Top Bottom