New Firearm Acquisitions for March 2022

Couple more that came from my old man. On the seecamp there is some surface rust on the top of the slide (not sure if it will come through) any ideas to remove safely without damaging the finish? Also got a Walther .22, honestly not a fan as the thing jams consistently but it was free sooo.

A8DBC662-026E-4A00-AB54-1BDA853BB5E2.jpeg

Attachments

• 9A7A5878-7B00-4B6B-8D19-5780A315399E.jpeg
    9A7A5878-7B00-4B6B-8D19-5780A315399E.jpeg
    541.6 KB · Views: 12
  • A757710A-64AB-4A4E-8A90-9B0017A1D679.jpeg
    A757710A-64AB-4A4E-8A90-9B0017A1D679.jpeg
    629.3 KB · Views: 12
Couple more that came from my old man. On the seecamp there is some surface rust on the top of the slide (not sure if it will come through) any ideas to remove safely without damaging the finish? Also got a Walther .22, honestly not a fan as the thing jams consistently but it was free sooo.

View attachment 591609
Try this. image.jpg

Ruger P-89 9mm. Box, papers, two Ruger mags, mag loader, and a holster for $300. Couldn’t say no.

If you like it, you'll like it for years and years to come.

I've got the P89DC iteration. Loved it in when they first came out and will keep it, as it is a tank of a gun. Yes, I have the fanny-pack and shoulder holster from the same time frame[laugh]. The jackass rig is quite nice, though.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jouACeSBQdc&t=2s

Last edited:
Pietta 1851. My son just got this, disassembled and cleaned it all, put it back together. And then made two paper cartridges for it. They are rifle powder which should work, just burns a little slower than pistol powder. However, we also have no caps for it. The CCI 11's fit, loosely. Looking for black powder and no. 10 caps.

Pietta 1851.JPG

Last edited:
Pietta 1851. My son just got this, disassembled and cleaned it all, put it back together. And then made two paper cartridges for it. They are rifle powder which should work, just burns a little slower. However, we also have no caps for it. The CCI 11's fit, loosely. Looking for black powder and no. 10 caps.

View attachment 596313

Nice! Have to ask though. What's the beat up penny for?

Nice! Have to ask though. What's the beat up penny for?

Do you see the light colored area on the frame just in front of the cylinder? That's the wedge and it is what keeps the barrel attached to the frame and cylinder. On new Piettas the wedge is pretty tight, usually too tight to remove by hand. You need to apply a little force to it on the right side of the frame. As in a hammer with a punch or other item. We have no brass punches so in looking for something relatively softer than the revolver steel he thought of using a penny.

It worked.

View attachment 591609
Eezox might take the spots off. They like the dry lube. Also awesome P5 in your earlier post.

Back
Top Bottom