New Firearm Acquisition for December 2021

It was me, I bought the 1301.
BC4BFB18-3C9D-4EBB-81FB-595BF8D11658.jpeg

So, without turning this in to a 1301 thread, a couple of things worth mentioning as I know these are gaining in popularity. I put over 100 rounds through it after purchase today and it ran flawlessly, as they are known to. I’m used to a 590, so recoil impulse was comparatively pleasant.

However, the 7+1 stock mag tube is anything but that. This is a version that has a factory “7 round” mag tube (gen3? Enhanced? LE? I don’t know!) I had one, one load (Rio target #8) that fit 7 rounds and just barely. Every normal 2-3/4” load of buck, slugs, bird (I had nearly a dozen varieties with me) is going to be a 6+1 scenario. That is, unless you remove the mag tube spring retainer and just use the threaded shroud as a keeper. Boom, 7+1. Minor, but still, wtf Beretta?!? Will the extra 3/4” make a difference in function? I doubt it, but I’ll find out.

This version also has a polymer barrel/mag-tube clamp that some have voiced concerns over. I fired 35 rounds in quick succession to get the barrel spit sizzling hot. No loosening, no play, no issues. There are steel inserts for the screws and QD sling mounts, though the m-lok mounting points are straight polymer. It’s probably some glass fiber reinforced stuff if they have it clamped to the barrel. I’d trust it as much as much as an aluminum one, for now. Word of caution, because of the polymer mag-tube shroud, the aluminum Nordic clamp that comes with their +2 extension and can be bought separately, will not fit without modifications.
I know this through research, not first-hand.

Overall, I’m beyond happy with the purchase. Especially given the rarity and cost of +2 extensions. I can’t outrun it, I tried. It’s fast, light (because of the polymer), maneuverable, and reliable. I have a 590 and a 28” Turkish POS for turkey hunting, this is a horse of a different color. I run my shotguns a lot, so there may be a long-term revisit down the road. I’ll see just how reliable these dang plastic guns are.

Yes, it’s destined for a red dot and a sling. Also, probably some esstac shot cards with the velcro, and yes, I have been watching TFB on the youtubes. Imitation and flattery and what not. 🙄

Merry Christmas to me!

5DAF86B3-C96E-4567-8E9B-6C0CFBF785B4.jpeg
Got the frame for pretty cheap when I stopped into a shop on a whim this past weekend. Ordered the complete upper from big tex ordnance (candy and pocket constitution included in the packaging which is awesome). Wasn’t sure how I felt about the two tone but it’s growing on me. Mags in the mail but got a few 17 mags lying around for the meantime.

I know nothing about semi auto shotguns and yet I wanna have sex with that 1301.

This is my first, so I’m not exactly a reliable source, but this one’s a heck of a lot of fun. The sights were also oddly spot on right out of the box no less. Brenneke KO slugs off-hand at 30 yds. Cannoed him!
Lower left is all me, it has a good trigger, I just suck.

8F03F672-0007-4F68-B7D3-F4331E9D6778.jpeg

It was me, I bought the 1301.
View attachment 552428

So, without turning this in to a 1301 thread, a couple of things worth mentioning as I know these are gaining in popularity. I put over 100 rounds through it after purchase today and it ran flawlessly, as they are known to. I’m used to a 590, so recoil impulse was comparatively pleasant.

However, the 7+1 stock mag tube is anything but that. This is a version that has a factory “7 round” mag tube (gen3? Enhanced? LE? I don’t know!) I had one, one load (Rio target #8) that fit 7 rounds and just barely. Every normal 2-3/4” load of buck, slugs, bird (I had nearly a dozen varieties with me) is going to be a 6+1 scenario. That is, unless you remove the mag tube spring retainer and just use the threaded shroud as a keeper. Boom, 7+1. Minor, but still, wtf Beretta?!? Will the extra 3/4” make a difference in function? I doubt it, but I’ll find out.

This version also has a polymer barrel/mag-tube clamp that some have voiced concerns over. I fired 35 rounds in quick succession to get the barrel spit sizzling hot. No loosening, no play, no issues. There are steel inserts for the screws and QD sling mounts, though the m-lok mounting points are straight polymer. It’s probably some glass fiber reinforced stuff if they have it clamped to the barrel. I’d trust it as much as much as an aluminum one, for now. Word of caution, because of the polymer mag-tube shroud, the aluminum Nordic clamp that comes with their +2 extension and can be bought separately, will not fit without modifications.
I know this through research, not first-hand.

Overall, I’m beyond happy with the purchase. Especially given the rarity and cost of +2 extensions. I can’t outrun it, I tried. It’s fast, light (because of the polymer), maneuverable, and reliable. I have a 590 and a 28” Turkish POS for turkey hunting, this is a horse of a different color. I run my shotguns a lot, so there may be a long-term revisit down the road. I’ll see just how reliable these dang plastic guns are.

Yes, it’s destined for a red dot and a sling. Also, probably some esstac shot cards with the velcro, and yes, I have been watching TFB on the youtubes. Imitation and flattery and what not. 🙄

Merry Christmas to me!
[thumbsup]Ive wanted one of these for the longest time. Not sure why cuz Im not really a shotgun guy and I have too much black plastic in the safe as it is but still want, lol.

Back
Top Bottom