• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New EZ Shield in 9MM

Was at my LGS this morning and he showed me the new EZ Shield in 9mm. Really nice gun, good ergo's, slide is a breeze to rack. The grip is a little different from the 2.0 Shield.
The one thing I did not like about it is the manual safety since it has a grip safety on it.

The Shield EZ 9 fits my hand very well. Slide is very EZ to rack. Mags are very EZ to load as there is a load assist button you pull down and just drop the ammo in. No problem getting used to the thumb and grip safety.

As far as the range goes, I thought recoil was mild. No function issues. Was shooting at 15 yards and boy did I suck putting rounds on paper. Most of my shots were high left. Switching to my Ruger KP345 I was low right. Definitely an eye sight issue as I need progressive bifocals to read, but cant see the target well so just ware my safety glasses. Funny thing is I'm pretty darn good with my S&W 36 . A whole lot better lol.

Definitely like the EZ 9 and have plenty of ammo to practice practice practice. Will go out again this week.

But you cannot get one without the passive grip safety. The only reason my wife went with a regular shield 9. Wish S&W would make the EZ with no safety.

I can't remember the exact details on how the Shield EZ is designed, but I am pretty sure that the grip safety is required for this gun to be drop safe. Keep in mind, that the EZ guns are not striker fired, they are an internal hammer design. So with no thumb safety or grip safety, it would be a hammer fired pistol that was not cocked and locked, just cocked.

It is possible that I am wrong about the Shield EZ, and maybe thinking of a different gun. But I would still say that you should be absolutely certain how a firearm works before you modify any safety features, and the grip safety is definitely a safety feature on these pistols.

Well then don't pin it. Hence my question of marques. LOL

I've never found a grip safety to be a "problem" to me gripping and firing a gun. I can't imagine anyone would. Pretty sure if you can't grip it, you might not be able to pull the trigger or rack the slide.

Back
Top Bottom