New EOPS roster for July is out.

If there is anyone here that knows of some nice FFL's that will transfer handguns into MA let PM me. I have a broker I work with outside of MA but have yet to find an FFL that will...accept what i want to bring in!

If there is anyone here that knows of some nice FFL's that will transfer handguns into MA let PM me. I have a broker I work with outside of MA but have yet to find an FFL that will...accept what i want to bring in!

Oh boy. This one is slowly going off the rails I think. Might be time to lock this one, before someone does something dumb.

ugh, When can we vote her out?

Problem is that when she leaves that post, her clone will take over. Last 3 AGs all were Middlesex DAs and TRAINED by their predecessor!

It's an endless loop and thus we can't win (no pro-2A person ever runs who is a real substantial, name-recognizable opponent that stands a chance to win)!

Problem is that when she leaves that post, her clone will take over. Last 3 AGs all were Middlesex DAs and TRAINED by their predecessor!

It's an endless loop and thus we can't win (no pro-2A person ever runs who is a real substantial, name-recognizable opponent that stands a chance to win)!
We need a 2A Manchurian Candidate.

It actually isn't hers. It was enacted by the previous AG, Tom Reilly. Second, there is no AG list. The AG's office won't say which handguns meet their regulations which don't. Third, the regulations will stay in effect until an AG revokes them or some court action strikes them down.

You think wrong. Most people in MA are anti-gun. That is why anti-gun politicians keep getting elected all across MA.

I agree with M1911 here. Well probably end up with someone worse.

Who cares. I am going to go buy a Shield, and an XDs while you guys sit here and oooo and awww these damn things.

How many more ways can these things be talked about? Almost an 11lb trigger pull? Really? How do they sell those things period.

Who cares. I am going to go buy a Shield, and an XDs while you guys sit here and oooo and awww these damn things.

How many more ways can these things be talked about? Almost an 11lb trigger pull? Really? How do they sell those things period.

I have not found a dealer or individual selling the S&W M&P Shield 9mm in Massachusetts or I would have bought it.

Not everyone has connections with dealers that will transfer them anything they want...People like to talk about guns on this gun forum, how crappy the iron curtain version is, when it makes the stupid list etc. ...If it's that upsetting to read, just skip over the thread.

Not upsetting at all. I myself am just trying to figure out what is so special about these guns, that's all. Has nothing to do with who knows what dealers.

Not upsetting at all. I myself am just trying to figure out what is so special about these guns, that's all. Has nothing to do with who knows what dealers.

I am interested in buying one:

1) It feels better in my hand than most guns of similar size.

2) It is SLIMMER, than most pistols it's size. ( easier to conceal )

3) And at $399 at most gun shops "New" it's a good price.

I just can't get past their trigger pull. That is why I have never and will never buy a S&W M&P. I don't get it. I am not buying a gun, and than next day putting a trigger kit in it, because of a 50lb pull.

Never. Glock will never have their guns approved.

- - - Updated - - -

Either start making phone calls, or buy one of the numerous ones that always pop up in the classifieds here.

It's appealing to me as it's slim, concealable, made by a reputable, quality company: S&W, getting great reviews for accuracy and "shootability", and has increased capacity & caliber over my current EDC; which is a Ruger LCR.

I don't NEED it right away, so I am willing to wait for the MA compliant version, (hence my interest in the EOPS roster), as it will allow me to make the short trip to my local gun shop and pay a reasonable price for it. Then it's off to Derr Precision for some trigger work. Having a heavy trigger sucks, but the rest of the pros outweigh that one con, for me anyway.

I'm in agreement that the list and AG's regs are complete BS and would love to see them go away, but I know that's happening anytime soon; so I will make due within the confines of the law until I am able to either move out of the state...or find a dealer that's willing to transfer something without either requiring a 2 hour drive, or paying an exorbitant premium over free state prices.

"Unobtanium" makes the gun more desirable/expensive if you do find one.

Haven't laid eyes on one yet, but have some interest to see if my Wife could handle it better than some other guns we've tried (arthritis and other hand issues make drawing a slide back difficult on compact guns for her). She handles my FS M&P 9 just fine.

Truly the MA trigger or "Free America" trigger all need "work" on the M&Ps, they almost all suck OOB! Choose to run 500-1000 rds thru it to "smooth it out" or pay $75-125 for a competent gunsmith to do that for you. You do the math and figure out what makes the most sense! I know that if I/Wife eventually buy the Shield, we'll get a trigger job done on it almost immediately, that's a given. We'll probably get to handle one at one of the NH gun shows coming up next month.

It's appealing to me as it's slim, concealable, made by a reputable, quality company: S&W, getting great reviews for accuracy and "shootability", and has increased capacity & caliber over my current EDC; which is a Ruger LCR.

I don't NEED it right away, so I am willing to wait for the MA compliant version, (hence my interest in the EOPS roster), as it will allow me to make the short trip to my local gun shop and pay a reasonable price for it. Then it's off to Derr Precision for some trigger work. Having a heavy trigger sucks, but the rest of the pros outweigh that one con, for me anyway.

I'm in agreement that the list and AG's regs are complete BS and would love to see them go away, but I know that's happening anytime soon; so I will make due within the confines of the law until I am able to either move out of the state...or find a dealer that's willing to transfer something without either requiring a 2 hour drive, or paying an exorbitant premium over free state prices.

​Well Put...

I just can't get past their trigger pull. That is why I have never and will never buy a S&W M&P. I don't get it. I am not buying a gun, and than next day putting a trigger kit in it, because of a 50lb pull.

I have a trigger job performed on most all handguns that I buy. The S&W M&P is no different. Also, S&W isn't to blame for the AG's crap regulations that require the 10+ lb trigger pull.

Everyone seems to get boners over all these M&P models. I don't care either way as long as they keep buying them and keep driving up the price of my SWHC stock.
Personally, I think the M&P 9MM feels like a POS in my hand and I'd rather own a 15 year old Glock 19.

To each his own.

Back
Top Bottom