• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New EOPS list includes Sig P320

So, what sets a Gen 4 Glock apart from any other Glock? Everyone seems hot for a Gen 4,,

most of the gen 4 lovers haven't had much time with the gen 3, which is superior in many respects. sorry but the gen 4 is a solution looking for a problem.
some "perks" of the gen 4 series include:
1. grittier trigger which is tougher to get smooth
2. heavier trigger
3. way more overtravel
4. more ejection problems (e.g. brass-to-face) for the 9mm models
5. far more difficult to tune recoil spring weights, as not readily adapted to uncaptured guide rods - this is an issue for glock 20 where one needs a 20+ spring to run hotter 10mm loads

i'm done w gen 4's overall.

interesting I would say the P320 and a gen 3 glock 17/19 are probably my two favorite 9mm stiker pistols. if i had to choose between a gen 4 or a P320, I would go P320 for sure.

i have not yet had a chance to shoot a P320 in 45acp, but given my adoration for the G21 and G41, I'm not sure I need to experiment much more.

so the Gen 4 has a few mods over the Gen 3 and the AG views it as a completely different gun?? yeah, that sounds like Mass. I have an early 19, Gen 2 I have been told, was never impressed with it,, just too heavy for me.

- - - Updated - - -

And thanks to the folks enlightening me to the differences between the Glocks.

so the Gen 4 has a few mods over the Gen 3 and the AG views it as a completely different gun?? yeah, that sounds like Mass. I have an early 19, Gen 2 I have been told, was never impressed with it,, just too heavy for me.

- - - Updated - - -

No, the AG treats the Gen4 the same as Glock Gen3s made after 1998. The Gen4 is on the EOPSS list, but still not on the non-existing AG list. Confused yet? [laugh]

- - - Updated - - -

Are you new to this? The EOPS list sometimes treats different color schemes as different firearms that have been submitted, sometimes not.

Hypothetically, if an out of state relative wanted to sell me a S&W 5906 that he never really used (he bought new in 1992) since the 5906 TSW is listed, what does that mean for the non-tacticool version?

Hypothetically, if an out of state relative wanted to sell me a S&W 5906 that he never really used (he bought new in 1992) since the 5906 TSW is listed, what does that mean for the non-tacticool version?

Only the inbounding FFL knows. Asking here is pointless because 10 different FFLs will give you probably at least 4 diff answers. Some won't touch that others would rugsweep in .02 nanoseconds.

According to the AG letter of 12/22/15 sent to MA FFL's the list does not exist and dealers don't need it because ......

"Dealers are also prohibited from selling handguns that do not meet the Attorney General's handgun sales regulations on child-safety,tamper-resistant serial numbers, and load indicators or magazine safety disconnects for semi-automatic handguns. As a professional in this field, you are well aware of whether the firearms you sell have features that satisfy these requirements. If there is any doubt regarding a particular firearm, the simplest way for a dealer to comply with these provisions is to obtain a certification from the manufacturer that a firearm meets the handgun regulation.."

So the official position of the AG is YOU SHOULD KNOW... DON'T ASK ME.
Tamper resistant, eh? So bad guys aren't allowed to buy a dremel? Stupid broad.....

Back
Top Bottom