New EOPS list includes Sig P320

There's 2 different lists, that list isn't worth the paper it's written on. Unless gen 4 Glocks are suddenly Mass approved? I'm not holding my breathe on that!

The list is total bs. You can't buy a Kimber or a Colt 1911, but you can buy a SW, Ruger, or Rock Island. I mean really????

Will someone please point me to the list that excludes the firearms that are on the EOPS approved list. I have never seen this list and know no one who has.

pretty sure we all agree that "the list" is stupid....but it still exists and has (at minimum) economic implications. it also makes it easier to sell a pistol if it turns out one doesn't want to keep.

historically the bigger issue with Sig Sauer has been that they designate certain pistols as "MA-approved". Whereas HK and glock just make the same gun....it is what it is. on the contrary Sig likes to make only certain models available to us. a good example are the Sig 1911's.

i'm glad to see the P320 is on the list. it's a wonderful pistol. for me it's up there with an M&P or glock, and I enjoy shooting the P320 more than a VP9 or PPQ.

Last edited:
For those who said EOPS list is BS, do you have actual info specific to P320 that makes the list BS regarding this particular pistol or are you making a blanket statement based on a few isolated cases like Glocks with unacceptable (according to AG) loaded chamber indicator? If the gun meets all AG requirements and Mass Consumer protection Laws and is on the EOPS list, why would the list be BS regarding this particular gun?

For those who said EOPS list is BS, do you have actual info specific to P320 that makes the list BS regarding this particular pistol or are you making a blanket statement based on a few isolated cases like Glocks with unacceptable (according to AG) loaded chamber indicator? If the gun meets all AG requirements and Mass Consumer protection Laws and is on the EOPS list, why would the list be BS regarding this particular gun?

People worry too much about lists. The lists are ONLY a restriction on what dealers in MA are SUPPOSED TO TRANSFER. Just buy it if you see it for a price you think is fair and stop worrying about "lists".

The fact that the AG "list" is not published and readily available to vendors and purchasers is the basic "BS".
The fact that the AG "list" is maintained without published criteria beyond "If the manufacturer says it's Compliant it is" unless the AG doesn't like that particular Manufacturer is "BS".
The fact that the AG "list" is even a thing despite hundred, if not thousands, of people in the Commonwealth, including law enforcement, possessing, using, and carrying the so called unapproved firearms is "BS".

I could go on, but that's enough for now.

The fact that the AG "list" is not published and readily available to vendors and purchasers is the basic "BS".
The fact that the AG "list" is maintained without published criteria beyond "If the manufacturer says it's Compliant it is" unless the AG doesn't like that particular Manufacturer is "BS".
The fact that the AG "list" is even a thing despite hundred, if not thousands, of people in the Commonwealth, including law enforcement, possessing, using, and carrying the so called unapproved firearms is "BS".

I could go on, but that's enough for now.

Understood. Thx!

Will someone please point me to the list that excludes the firearms that are on the EOPS approved list. I have never seen this list and know no one who has.
According to the AG letter of 12/22/15 sent to MA FFL's the list does not exist and dealers don't need it because ......

"Dealers are also prohibited from selling handguns that do not meet the Attorney General's handgun sales regulations on child-safety,tamper-resistant serial numbers, and load indicators or magazine safety disconnects for semi-automatic handguns. As a professional in this field, you are well aware of whether the firearms you sell have features that satisfy these requirements. If there is any doubt regarding a particular firearm, the simplest way for a dealer to comply with these provisions is to obtain a certification from the manufacturer that a firearm meets the handgun regulation.."

So the official position of the AG is YOU SHOULD KNOW... DON'T ASK ME.

Last edited:
"Dealers are also prohibited from selling handguns that do not meet the Attorney General's handgun sales regulations on child-safety,tamper-resistant serial numbers, and load indicators or magazine safety disconnects for semi-automatic handguns. As a professional in this field, you are well aware of whether the firearms you sell have features that satisfy these requirements. If there is any doubt regarding a particular firearm, the simplest way for a dealer to comply with these provisions is to obtain a certification from the manufacturer that a firearm meets the handgun regulation.."

Well, every FFL should have a clear conscience after reading that message from the AG. Just sell the guns you think are safe enough to sell and you should be okay. /s

I'm really hoping Comm2A wins that Glock case. This nonsense with the AG has got to stop.

All the guys in the classifieds trying to sell them for $1000 are gonna be upset.[/QUOTE
I couldn't care less about what they feel. On second thought I would like to know how it feels to soon have a MA P320 rammed up their get rich quick rear ends. I hope they bought them for $750 plus so it hurts more.

So, what sets a Gen 4 Glock apart from any other Glock? Everyone seems hot for a Gen 4,,

Primarily, it's because of the different backstraps to customize the grip size to fit the hands of the users' better, which helps Glock compete with other manufacturers that do a similar thing.

So, what sets a Gen 4 Glock apart from any other Glock? Everyone seems hot for a Gen 4,,

What glockster said, plus a different mag release button that sucks a little bit less than the previous one... plus a little more traction on the grip panels rather than the untextured soap bars on the sides of the gen3's.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom