New England, prepare for rolling blackouts this winter...

We have roughly 400 years' worth of oil and natural gas in reserves yet to be developed here... Biden won't let us touch any of it. The consequence could mean you spend some time without heat this winter... IDK how much fuel I should have for the generator in case this does happen... 30 gallons maybe?

We have roughly 400 years' worth of oil and natural gas in reserves yet to be developed here... Biden won't let us touch any of it. The consequence could mean you spend some time without heat this winter... IDK how much fuel I should have for the generator in case this does happen... 30 gallons maybe?

All part of the Biden / Green New Deal nutbags plan.

I keep about 20 gallons thru the winter here. Use good stabilizer. I put it in my cars after winter
Was the same same. Upping my game this year. Another 10 or 20 gallons will be onhand. Have emergency wood heater in basement and a couple of chords of wood.
We use propane so not dependent on nat gas.

I always keep extra gas for the cars in an outbuilding in case its needed. Finally got a 10,000K standby generator installed with two 120 gallon propane tanks. Oil tank's just got topped off and we just bought two Harman pellet stoves (to be installed first week in December), ordered 3 tons of pellets last month on track for delivery next week.
We're all set. [smile]

To be fair, they've been saying this for years. The lack of pipeline capacity into the northeast is a slow simmering problem. It's crazy to have an LNG import terminal in Everett when it is a lot cheaper to move it by pipeline.

But, that is the price you pay to be surrounded by liberal kooks who believe that some mythical being will give us all heat.

Pay wall noped.

Usually if you are a subscriber and link, it'll clear. Hell, I can't even log in when I get to the page. Odd.

As far as this. . . . wouldn't it be nice if we had a better pipeline and some more storage tanks to keep stocked up.

Nope. This is Nerrr Engrlurrrnnndd. NIMBY central. "Oh we want everything we want, but you can't inconvenience us a tittle. It isn't fair! No no no."

STFU. Gosh. If people in the rest of the country heard how we deal with infrastructure, they'd collapse in laughter. While I don't think we want a Houston-area level zoning situation, I'm thinking a bit of flexibility is in order in mASS.

Now, as Iv'e stated before, my current house has a gas pipeline behind it (unused Shell line). My new house to be built - I OWN THE LAND THE PIPELINE FOR THE REGION IS ON! NIMBY my ass all you want. I'll take power and heat every time.

Didn't we go through this in 78 or 79? Something about how frozen Boston harbor and the surrounding area was - they had let the gas supplies in the tanks in Boston (hmmmm - maybe they shouldn't have KNOCKED DOWN THE OTHER ONE!!!!) get too low and there was "fear" of us running out of NG?

Usually if you are a subscriber and link, it'll clear. Hell, I can't even log in when I get to the page. Odd.

As far as this. . . . wouldn't it be nice if we had a better pipeline and some more storage tanks to keep stocked up.

Nope. This is Nerrr Engrlurrrnnndd. NIMBY central. "Oh we want everything we want, but you can't inconvenience us a tittle. It isn't fair! No no no."

STFU. Gosh. If people in the rest of the country heard how we deal with infrastructure, they'd collapse in laughter. While I don't think we want a Houston-area level zoning situation, I'm thinking a bit of flexibility is in order in mASS.

Now, as Iv'e stated before, my current house has a gas pipeline behind it (unused Shell line). My new house to be built - I OWN THE LAND THE PIPELINE FOR THE REGION IS ON! NIMBY my ass all you want. I'll take power and heat every time.

Didn't we go through this in 78 or 79? Something about how frozen Boston harbor and the surrounding area was - they had let the gas supplies in the tanks in Boston (hmmmm - maybe they shouldn't have KNOCKED DOWN THE OTHER ONE!!!!) get too low and there was "fear" of us running out of NG?
Just to be clear.
That last pipeline that got shot down was not to supply nat gas domestically. It was for a proposed LNG terminal that would have shipped to Europe mostly.

My Kohler standby genny is good. I’ll fill up the Honda 7000i plus 5 Eagle safety cans as a back up to my backup.
The Honda wasn’t worth selling to us. I rather have it as a spare.
Winter is coming so the tractor is alway full avoiding moisture in the diesel fuel and I’ll keep the 3 Eagle cans full for it.

Got plenty of seasoned cord wood for the insert and the wood boiler.

I always keep extra gas for the cars in an outbuilding in case its needed. Finally got a 10,000K standby generator installed with two 120 gallon propane tanks. Oil tank's just got topped off and we just bought two Harman pellet stoves (to be installed first week in December), ordered 3 tons of pellets last month on track for delivery next week.
We're all set. [smile]

This motivates me, thank you. I have short term heat preps at best. I need to upgrade. Need to call Sparkey for that xfer switch install sooner than later.

Just to be clear.
That last pipeline that got shot down was not to supply nat gas domestically. It was for a proposed LNG terminal that would have shipped to Europe mostly.

I was thinking Weaver's Cove in FawlRivah. Damn. That was a decade ago. LOL

I keep about 20 gallons thru the winter here. Use good stabilizer. I put it in my cars after winter

When I need gas I dump the cans in the cars and then go top off the car and fill the cans.

I’m not sure why most people don’t do this… too lazy? My car has a 12 gal tank… I have two 5’s and 2 gal can… the 2 gal gets cycled out more frequently in the snow blower, etc. but I run it through the car every 3-4 months…

The Dem Greenies have blocked NG pipelines into Ma. for years and are now doubling down like CA. in trying to ban NG hookups for residential/commercial buildings. Bye, Bye Chinese food restaurants and cheap NG. The Dems want sky high energy prices because they live in a fantasy land where "clean" energy will "save" the world. Read about the EU banning nitrogen and fertilizer which will cause widespread hunger and death. Farmers in Holland and Sri Lanka are rebelling. These fanatics must be stopped at all costs.

I’m not sure why most people don’t do this… too lazy? My car has a 12 gal tank… I have two 5’s and 2 gal can… the 2 gal gets cycled out more frequently in the snow blower, etc. but I run it through the car every 3-4 months…
I used to do this every winter. Whatever gas was left over, I would top off the car.

Wasn't that shot down by Barney Fwank? Had that section of the Taunton River designated as some special 'Wild & Scenic' waterway.

Blarney Flank. Just about every politician in a 20-mile radius. They didn't knock down teh old Brightman St Bridge b/c it would block the tankers. It was a colossally stupid move. But classic mASS. I remember the protests at Pilgrim 45 years ago.

0_9RrcVzgVUXmrL2mC..0.png

The Dem Greenies have blocked NG pipelines into Ma. for years and are now doubling down like CA. in trying to ban NG hookups for residential/commercial buildings. Bye, Bye Chinese food restaurants and cheap NG. The Dems want sky high energy prices because they live in a fantasy land where "clean" energy will "save" the world. Read about the EU banning nitrogen and fertilizer which will cause widespread hunger and death. Farmers in Holland and Sri Lanka are rebelling. These fanatics must be stopped at all costs.

It's blocking it b/c of NIMBY. That's it. They'll cry environment, but it's a NIMBY issue 100%. They haven't allowed crap in this state for 50 years. Forget environment or safety or whatever. If it impacts mASS and isn't a shopping mall, we can't put it here. It's bullspit.

that's all I do is work on development permits... MassDEP and MEPA generally.. with some out of state stuff..

it's astounding to see the pushback on some of these projects... even the ones that seem in the perfect location, get people up in arms about them.

You need to knock this shit off...argue (poorly) your point in the EV thread.
[rofl] the only one giving poor arguments is you.

You did say EV will give power back to the grid and that is how the grid will improve.

I am not making this up, I am just repeating what you have posted.

But I am glad you see that it is a really bad argument. Making progress, that is good.

Back
Top Bottom