• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New England, prepare for rolling blackouts this winter...

The "Green" Revolution will doom Billions of people around the world to death by starvation, fossil fuels have done more than anything to improve the lives of Earth's humans. These clowns have no clue what they are doing and are nothing more than brainwashed Moonies chanting their slogans. Just look up what our cities were like before the horseless carriage, horses were the primary means of transportation which meant they shit and pissed wherever they wanted. Cities were filthy dens of disease and autos were clean energy back then. Without fossil fuels the world will see mass starvation, Millions dying from exposure to the cold, elements, blackouts in major cities and mass riots. If these Greenies were serious, they would shut off all their electric appliances and live off the grid. Ma. has more trees and green spaces now than it did 200 yrs ago. Why is that Greenies? Because we're not cutting down trees and clearing land for wood to burn and build with.

LOL. There was a guy on GT eons ago that got one of the first Toyota Prius'. He took COLLOSSAL shit from a # of members there. Honestly - we are 20 years later and none of the crap they spewed ever came true. "Oh the battery only lasts 4 years then it blows up but only if you're in it or if it's in your garage. It senses where it can maximize the damage."

Turns out hte Prius works for a lot of people and gets great mileage. Same with EV's over the next decade. The battery system still sucks ass. But they'll figure that out. In 20 years, these guys will be sheepishly driving a battery car.

LOL. There was a guy on GT eons ago that got one of the first Toyota Prius'. He took COLLOSSAL shit from a # of members there. Honestly - we are 20 years later and none of the crap they spewed ever came true. "Oh the battery only lasts 4 years then it blows up but only if you're in it or if it's in your garage. It senses where it can maximize the damage."

Turns out hte Prius works for a lot of people and gets great mileage. Same with EV's over the next decade. The battery system still sucks ass. But they'll figure that out. In 20 years, these guys will be sheepishly driving a battery car.
The #1 issue for hybrids and BEV is that they don’t make economic sense. I can still operate my ICE for less money than the equivalent premium one pays for a hybrid or BEV. I believe that widespread adoption will not take place until it makes economic sense.

If the gas price spikes to $5-$7 and stays there, then BEV’s and hybrids will see much wider adoption because they make more economic sense.

I am not making any judgement on any of the other features. Economics is my main driver (no pun intended).

If the gas price spikes to $5-$7 and stays there, then BEV’s and hybrids will see much wider adoption because they make more economic sense.
You are right, but thst is short term thinking because eventually they will increase taxes for charging so your costs will transfer from the gas pump to the charger, and they will be able to control when you charge and for how long you charge.

Then they will start using cars as storage for the grid.

You are right, but thst is short term thinking because eventually they will increase taxes for charging so your costs will transfer from the gas pump to the charger, and they will be able to control when you charge and for how long you charge.

Then they will start using cars as storage for the grid.
Also assumes electricity prices don’t increase, which isn’t a great assumption.

The "Green" Revolution will doom Billions of people around the world to death by starvation, fossil fuels have done more than anything to improve the lives of Earth's humans. These clowns have no clue what they are doing and are nothing more than brainwashed Moonies chanting their slogans. Just look up what our cities were like before the horseless carriage, horses were the primary means of transportation which meant they shit and pissed wherever they wanted. Cities were filthy dens of disease and autos were clean energy back then. Without fossil fuels the world will see mass starvation, Millions dying from exposure to the cold, elements, blackouts in major cities and mass riots. If these Greenies were serious, they would shut off all their electric appliances and live off the grid. Ma. has more trees and green spaces now than it did 200 yrs ago. Why is that Greenies? Because we're not cutting down trees and clearing land for wood to burn and build with.
The communists around the world murdered over 70 million in their quest to bring about a utopian state. Do you think they are going to care about killing thousands this winter?
None of this is due to stupidity. It's all intentional.

The communists around the world murdered over 70 million in their quest to bring about a utopian state. Do you think they are going to care about killing thousands this winter?
You are correct and they don't care. We don't have the infrastructure to charge EV's if they were 10% of passenger cars never mind over 50%. Just look at Pretty Boy Newsom's CA. dreaming, they were in danger of rolling blackouts last summer just from average electricity consumption never mind if everyone plugged in their EV's at 6pm. Greenies don't want coal fired electric plants or ones powered by LNG, or God forbid Nuclear power plants. These morons actually believe the world can run on solar and wind power.

Cold starving people can be a downright dangerous group.

Well the green revolution is that whole communist thing repackaged. It will work this time though, just like the last ten times. And you are just dying for the greater good. Just like the last time.

I’m not sure why most people don’t do this… too lazy? My car has a 12 gal tank… I have two 5’s and 2 gal can… the 2 gal gets cycled out more frequently in the snow blower, etc. but I run it through the car every 3-4 months…
Because the genny and snowblower want 87 and the cars & bikes all want 91?

ayep, “first world problems”

[…] Greenies don't want coal fired electric plants or ones powered by LNG, or God forbid Nuclear power plants. These morons actually believe the world can run on solar and wind power.
It can, but not at a price point anyone is willing to pay and not if the windmills block their view of the ocean or endanger a seabird. Except the fishermen, they’re just pissed the windmills will mess up their catch.

IOW, we can’t win and we’ll end up shitting in the dark, freezing. Go humans!

The Dem Greenies have blocked NG pipelines into Ma. for years and are now doubling down like CA. in trying to ban NG hookups for residential/commercial buildings. Bye, Bye Chinese food restaurants and cheap NG. The Dems want sky high energy prices because they live in a fantasy land where "clean" energy will "save" the world. Read about the EU banning nitrogen and fertilizer which will cause widespread hunger and death. Farmers in Holland and Sri Lanka are rebelling. These fanatics must be stopped at all costs.
Aren't the Beacon Hill Braindead also trying to mandate heat pumps in all new residential construction? NYC banned gas and oil furnaces for all new commercial construction.
Heat pumps don't do well below 30 degrees. At least half of winter in the northeast is below 30.

Aren't the Beacon Hill Braindead also trying to mandate heat pumps in all new residential construction? NYC banned gas and oil furnaces for all new commercial construction.
Heat pumps don't do well below 30 degrees. At least half of winter in the northeast is below 30.
Shhhh.

Don’t tell them the secrets. Let them freeze and be proven wrong. Wonder when the insurance companies start marking up policy’s or discontinuing coverage cause heat pump.

In 20 years yes. Most of us are all for EV, the grid, the cost, the ROI isn't there yet for a massive change over. If you can't see that I dont know what to tell you.

Shhhh.

Don’t tell them the secrets. Let them freeze and be proven wrong. Wonder when the insurance companies start marking up policy’s or discontinuing coverage cause heat pump.
You would need super tight construction. Like those net zero homes. Then you need very, very good fresh air circulation. Wonder how these net zero theories will work long term for commercial applications considering things like covid and god knows whatever else is floating around in the air.

Too many things to worry about all at one time. Inflation, gas shortages, electric shortages, food shortages, nuclear war, election tampering, aliens...... All we need now is a massive earthquake and a rogue hurricane to hit the region.

Last edited:
In 20 years yes. Most of us are all for EV, the grid, the cost, the ROI isn't there yet for a massive change over. If you can't see that I dont know what to tell you.

This. EVs are not a bad thing, but they need to be made economically feasible first. Forcing people to adopt the technology by threat of law is not the way to do it.

You want to make people switch to electric heating? Open some more f***ing nuclear power plants and stabilize the grid first. Make it cheaper and more attractive than oil or gas.

Honestly, they've got the right idea to incentivize individual solar installations. The way they're pushing electric heating and EVs is like saying: "You must replace your roof with solar panels at your own cost and we will rape you with fines if you don't." Same bullshit with the ACA's individual mandate.

This. EVs are not a bad thing, but they need to be made economically feasible first. Forcing people to adopt the technology by threat of law is not the way to do it.

You want to make people switch to electric heating? Open some more f***ing nuclear power plants and stabilize the grid first. Make it cheaper and more attractive than oil or gas.

Honestly, they've got the right idea to incentivize individual solar installations. The way they're pushing electric heating and EVs is like saying: "You must replace your roof with solar panels at your own cost and we will rape you with fines if you don't." Same bullshit with the ACA's individual mandate.
My issue with the solar is it's tax dollars that are subsidizing the installs. You pay 26% less tax for the year other serfs have to make up for it.

IMO if you need .gov money to make people buy it you're doing more damage to the market prices for said product than good.

My issue with the solar is it's tax dollars that are subsidizing the installs. You pay 26% less tax for the year other serfs have to make up for it.

IMO if you need .gov money to make people buy it you're doing more damage to the market prices for said product than good.
The government doesn't let the market dictate anything anymore. They determine whats best and what they like then funnel your money into it to make it viable or seem viable.

That is not the way the country got here.....what's best and what worked for the most part decided what new tech made sense. Was there some massaging.....yes.....but not the outright blatant subsidies and tax waste that goes towards this new shit that doesn't provide half the energy. The idea was to make energy cheap so we can flourish.
Pipelines, Gaslines, and Powerlines were all the way forward for the better good. Now..........they don't want to do any of that....but have no good replacement.

Stupidity....we could all run off Shale Gas in the northeast......yet we don't because some c u n t is afraid to put in a gas line, some "king" dictates whats best now because they are making money of LNG tankers into Boston Harbor. What happed to what's good for the people anymore? I suspect total failure will ensue with these policies.....or at the very least extremely expensive energy that will take all the wind out of the economy, because people are wasting money on energy that could be had much cheaper.

We all have let the government become too powerful and mandate this shit....and the government fxcks everything up that it touches......

Move south........at least you won't freeze to death.

Last edited:

My issue with solar is that whatever its producing during the day goes down to zero at night. So when its dark and cold in winter, and we havent added additional other energy in the form of
anything like nat gas, oil, coal, or whatever, that will produce energy at night.....what happens?

Yup.....you sit in the dark and cold until the sun comes up again......and hope it doesn't snow.

f***ing retards......putting good tax money into something that produces only 8-10 hours a day, and only on sunny days which are like 55% in the Northeast. Good luck. We are fxcked.

That is one way to appease your masters and kill many citizens
For those not following @Broc is suggesting that grid-connected battery storage won't help stabilize the power grid. He is wrong. It's being used all over the US....in fact we need more of it here in New England.
Just give me more Dino Fuel and the grid will be okay. Technology is in the high button shoe stage having passed the tits on a bull already.

The #1 issue for hybrids and BEV is that they don’t make economic sense. I can still operate my ICE for less money than the equivalent premium one pays for a hybrid or BEV. I believe that widespread adoption will not take place until it makes economic sense.

I am not making any judgement on any of the other features. Economics is my main driver (no pun intended).

They CAN make economic sense. You can buy a hybrid equivalent used for less than the ICE model. (Well, pre-covid anyhow. A quick look at RAV4's says that suddenly, they are MORE valuable on the used market. LOL) I wanna say it was a 20% discount. Which is a riot. I'd not pay full boat either. But I'd consider a low-mileage hybrid in certain auto classes. (I always buy low-mileage used anyhow.)

My point is that the "batteries only last 4-5 years" belief is STILL out there even though people are getting much much much much more life than that.

That said - the hybrid cost on a NEW Toyota is between $1-4K. (1K for sedans, 4K for SUV/crossovers). A lot less than it used to be.

Back
Top Bottom