New England Patriots 2015-2016 Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteelShooter

NES Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
2 years with the team. 74 catches for 119 targets with 953 yards and 7 TDs in 2014-15. He then added 13 catches for 119 yards and 2 scores in the postseason and was an integral member of the Patriots' Super Bowl run

This year he was hampered with a lingering foot injury in most of the 11 games he played and drew coverage of the Number 1 corner back instead of the normal #3 corner much of that time due to injuries to Edeleman, Amendola, Gronk and Dobson. Stilll he managed 515 yards, only 100 yards below his average of 600 yards for the 5 years before he came to New England.

Is he a number 1 star? No. Is he a legitmate pass catcher. Of course he is.

- - - Updated - - -

Bryan (one trick pony) Tyms is gone too. Look for them to make a move in free agency. Cutting Lafell frees up 2.2 mil to add to the approx 18 mill free cap space they have.
I just think Lafell dropped too many critical passes, yea, he did come back and make some great catches too but how many of them would not have been necessary if he caught the easy ones first? Just too unreliable.

xtry51

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
The question is who are they going to replace them with?

Pats receivers are a injury prone nightmare. We can't keep hiring someone for a year or two and letting them go when they're at least healthy. I'd like to see more longer term training and development of the receiver pool.

jasons

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Is he a number 1 star? No. Is he a legitmate pass catcher. Of course he is.
The question was sort of rhetorical, but sure. In any case he dropped a lot of balls that needed to be caught.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
The problem with LaFell is he never hit the hot streak he needed to survive this year. It's the type of thing where if he had caught a half dozen or so clutch-type passes they would have kept him, but he got very few.

-Mike

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
The question is who are they going to replace them with?

Pats receivers are a injury prone nightmare. We can't keep hiring someone for a year or two and letting them go when they're at least healthy. I'd like to see more longer term training and development of the receiver pool.
This. I don't expect to be yelling at my TV this fall that they should have kept lafell, and cutting chandler was definitely the right move, but I think the really need to either invest in receivers or strengthen their o-line so they can stop running such dangerous routes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom