New England Patriots 2015-2016 Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Brady won 3 superbowls with the likes of David Givins, Reche Caldwell, Doug Gabriel, Jabbar Gaffney, Bethel Johnson and the two "stars" Dion Branch and Troy Brown. Only Troy had a 1000 yard season in 2001(and barely at that). No one else had any 1000 yard seasons until Moss and Welker showed up in 2007.

1999 to 2006 Marvin Harrison had over 11,300 yards, which averages to over 1400 yards per season.

From 2001 to 2012 Reggie wayne had over 13000 yards averaging almost 1100 yards per season.

Talent and Continuity. Brady never had anything close to that for such and extended time. He did arguably have it with Moss and Welker in 2007 and 2009. Gronk has been injured too often to include but when he and Edelman are 100% they are probably equal in production but without the ability to stretch the field as well.

Harrison and Wayne were clearly the best reciever tandem in the league for the decade. Does Peyton deserve some of the credit for that? Of course, but he would not have any records without guys of that quality on both sides for almost a decade. That kind of Talent together for that long is unheard of. Both deserved double coverage and both could stretch the field. So not only did they produced but the opened up the middle for everyone else like no one has ever done before or since.

Also Addai and Edge were fantastic backs. Pats had a couple years of peak production from Dillion but he was the only back they had early on that could truly and dominantly pound the rock.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I know. I really don't like them and it drives me nut. But it is true. If Brady was on some other team with some some other coach he probably doesn't have the stats or the rings. Last week is a perfect example; the team wasn't good and he was horrible as a result. And on the other side of the field Peyton had a way better passer rating and won an AFC championship because his team did the right stuff. Right now some guy in Denver is touting Mannings AFC win as one of the reasons he is the best. Do you see my point?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Not really. It's hard for any QB to play well with as little time as the O-line was giving Brady. Look up the stats on how long QBs take to get the ball out of their hands. Brady has managed with a mediocre to poor o-line all year by throwing the ball pretty much instantly, which he could do because edelman and gronk get open really quick. Broncos have a good defense, I'll give them that, but the game wasn't about Brady being bad, it was about him reaching the limits of what a QB can do to make a terrible o-line part of a good offense.

exojam

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Brady and its not even close...

got to 6 superbowls so far

won 4 superbowls

been in the afc championship game 10 out of 14 seasons played (this stat is insane)

Best playoff record of any QB past or present

Best winning percentage of any QB past or present. 77.1 percent

Was the top rated QB in the league this year at the age of 38 which is unheard of.
He is the GOAT and I am not sure how it is debatable anymore. But the is just an opinion of someone who dislikes the Pats.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On WTIC this morning, the sports commentator played a tape someone recorded during an on-field conversation between Brady and the coach at the end of the game. Brady said "This may be my last rodeo". The coach said "You've been a great player and a big asset to the team" or something along those lines. It may be that Brady is ready to sit down......something he did a lot during the last game, too.

It would be fitting that both Brady and Manning retire, opening up positions for new player. And, I agree, Manning will be coaching like so many other player/coaches over the decades. Look at John Madden and guys like him. They are almost more famous for their coaching abilities than were there playing.

Rome

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
On WTIC this morning, the sports commentator played a tape someone recorded during an on-field conversation between Brady and the coach at the end of the game. Brady said "This may be my last rodeo". The coach said "You've been a great player and a big asset to the team" or something along those lines. It may be that Brady is ready to sit down......something he did a lot during the last game, too.
That was between Bellechick and Manning...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...d-patriots-coach-bill-belichick-my-last-rodeo

xtry51

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I don't see Brady retiring for a few more years, unless he has another year where the whole thing looks like that Broncos game and he gets physically decimated.

exojam

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I don't see Brady retiring for a few more years, unless he has another year where the whole thing looks like that Broncos game and he gets physically decimated.
I agree if they get that screen door fixed he could easily play for a few more years.

SteelShooter

NES Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0

It would be fitting that both Brady and Manning retire, opening up positions for new player. And, I agree, Manning will be coaching like so many other player/coaches over the decades. Look at John Madden and guys like him. They are almost more famous for their coaching abilities than were there playing.

Rome
The report I read it was Manning that said it may be his last rodeo, leads me to believe neither said it, although both may be thinking it

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Rome
He is NEVER going to coach. He could be a team president like Elway but he will never coach. He doesn't need the money, he will make $5 mil talking about games on tv for 2 days a week and have the whole offseason, etc.

Do you know how many hours the coaches put in? The coaches put in more hours than the players and by a lot.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Scarneccia rehired!

Mayo retiring is going to save the Pats a boat load of cash! He was due to be an almost 12 million dollar cap hit this year.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
He was going to get cut anyway so he did the right thing. I liked Mayo but he was always over-rated.
When he was healthy he was a force but unfortunately he wasn't healthy too often. I agree, he was going to be cut so good for him for saving himself from that. Hopefully the Pats can spend that extra cap money on some O-line help and with Dante back things are looking good.

W.E.C

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yesterday ,at thePatriots pro shop ,chandlers, amendola, and mayo's game jerseys went on markdown.

soon after mayo retired.

#95 and# 80 next to go ?..

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Can you really call Lafell a "pass catcher?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2 years with the team. 74 catches for 119 targets with 953 yards and 7 TDs in 2014-15. He then added 13 catches for 119 yards and 2 scores in the postseason and was an integral member of the Patriots' Super Bowl run

This year he was hampered with a lingering foot injury in most of the 11 games he played and drew coverage of the Number 1 corner back instead of the normal #3 corner much of that time due to injuries to Edeleman, Amendola, Gronk and Dobson. Stilll he managed 515 yards, only 100 yards below his average of 600 yards for the 5 years before he came to New England.

Is he a number 1 star? No. Is he a legitmate pass catcher. Of course he is.

- - - Updated - - -

The New England Patriots on Wednesday trimmed a pair of pass-catchers off the roster.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...atriots-release-brandon-lafell-scott-chandler
Bryan (one trick pony) Tyms is gone too. Look for them to make a move in free agency. Cutting Lafell frees up 2.2 mil to add to the approx 18 mill free cap space they have.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom