New England Patriots 2015-2016 Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Decided to start a new thread for the new playing year.

Wilfork's option not being picked up.

Who else will be looking for a new home?

Will a deal get done with Revis?

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Wilfork's option wasn't picked up bc they will renegotiate his and a few other contracts to make room for Revis.

blindfire

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Jesus, Brady should just play for league minimum and let the rest go to the cap so they can really stack the roster and he can get his 5th ring and be all by himself.

Fixxah

NES Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Hr had a nice career in NE. Now is time to try and cash out with someone else. Thanks Vince, you will make any defense a bit better. Good luck.

SHOCKNAWE

NES Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
They franchise tagged Gostkowski, I really dont care that they didnt apply it to Mcourty.

I hope they resign Reevis but the money it will cost them is not "The Patriot Way", cheers to big Vince for a great career in NE! [cheers]

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Regardless of who goes and who stays I'm still trying to wrap my head around the 2015 cap.

Just so I'm not crazy, pats have to offload $4.749m as they stand and $8.6m with projected drafts?

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/cap/

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/new-england-patriots/
Both of those projections include the Revis salary of $25 million which is not going to happen.

Plus, add in potential restructures with Wilfork (after release, depending on market), Amendola, Mayo and maybe an unexpected one (Arrington, Browner?) and the Pats will have a ton of money under the cap.

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Vince - class act. Tells the fans he will be "a Patriot forever." Perhaps he will work a deal to stay. I know his wife and kids love being here. It's the only place the kids know as home. I don't really see him uprooting his family for another 2 or 3 years to play football. Of course, I could be wrong. I know the wife is quite a 'fixture' in the local community. I also 'know' she is a BIG part of his career and the decisions he has made.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/sto...statement-twitter-new-england-option-declined

Obie1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I doubt that Vince will be back, and to be honest, he didn't have a very good year. He is no longer the dominant force that he once was. Just the Belichick way--dump them too early rather than too late.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I doubt that Vince will be back, and to be honest, he didn't have a very good year. He is no longer the dominant force that he once was. Just the Belichick way--dump them too early rather than too late.
i agree...i think that was a goodbye that he posted...the question is will he will go to another team or retire...i hope they can keep Reevis and McCourty and i think Mayo or Amendola is gone (or both)

caboose84

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Revis has been all about the money, which is why the Jets traded him and declined to resign him (even though Rex Ryan desperately wanted him back). He might stick around for a chance at another ring, or now that he has one go back for the payday.

Wilfork might stick around- he is getting older and won't command a huge pay day at this stage of his career, so it may make sense to resign at less bucks to finish up here.

The nature of NFL contracts now is they have some eye popping numbers- but the structure and "real money" in there are constantly adjusting.

blindfire

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just read this article from one of the bigger Packer columnists. He answers fan questions. Here is one I thought interesting...and I think correct.

Dan from Osseo, WI

Vic, what would you think of the Packers targeting Vince Wilfork in free agency? Even with his age being a factor, a guy that big is hard to find and could be a good addition to the defense. What do you think?

I prefer a younger player. Carl Davis is a younger player.

J.A.C

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
They have enough to sign Revis, the question is how much will the Jets offer.

blindfire

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, Cobb is off the table for the Pats. He re-signed with the Packers for a 4 year, $40 million deal.

Suh went to Miami. The Pats O-line better straighten up and fly right. Miami's D-line is no joke, now!

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Well, Cobb is off the table for the Pats. He re-signed with the Packers for a 4 year, $40 million deal.

Suh went to Miami. The Pats O-line better straighten up and fly right. Miami's D-line is no joke, now!
I would say they handled better D-lines than Miami's last year

- - - Updated - - -

am I the only one who wants them to resign Ridley?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
career rushing averages...ridley has had fumble problems in the past but if he can come back from the injury and prove himself maybe they will keep him

ridley 4.3
blount 4.6
gray 4.6
vereen 4.2

JayMcB

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I'd say Ridley is better than all of them and will probably be cheap too
I don't know if they will gamble on a guy with a blown knee....

The Patriots are required by the NFLPA to spend at least 89% of the agreed-upon salary cap for the 4 years the agreement runs.

Through the first 2 years of the agreement, they had spent the 5th fewest dollars of the cap of any team, at less than 82% of the cap.

If they do not spend 89% through the 4 years, they are assessed a penalty for the difference between the 2. It is stupid to pay that penalty when they can improve their roster. Why WOULDN'T they spend it and get themselves another championship?

Patriot way or not, I think they have to make every effort they can to re-sign Revis. They absolutely have the money to do so.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I don't know if they will gamble on a guy with a blown knee....
my thought process was that he will be cheap and has already proven to be serviceable, probably only will get a 1 year deal and look to prove he is healthy

I know they dont like to spend money on RB's so it makes sense to me but I dunno

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
career rushing averages...ridley has had fumble problems in the past but if he can come back from the injury and prove himself maybe they will keep him

ridley 4.3
blount 4.6
gray 4.6
vereen 4.2
I wouldn't get all wrapped up about Gray being the next best thing in running backs based off 8 games in his career. Especially since he became a ghost after that one break out game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom