Connecticut

Bristol, CT Wolf's Range and Gun Shop
Monroe, CT CT Gun Exchange
Newington, CT Hoffman's Gun Center
Norwalk, CT Forest and Field
Southport, CT Hansen & Hansen Arms
Tolland, CT Nutmeg Sports

Massachusetts
made this tonight on google maps, its a collection of all the MASS ONLY gunshops that I could verify shown in a map view.

Kinda usefull if you are going to be in an area and wondering if there is a shop near you.

List could contain errors, if you find any let me know I will fix them. As I learn about new shops I will update this.

Hope this works!!!
Click here

Adams, MA Pete's Gun Shop
Ayer, MA Blue Northern Trading Co.
Belchertown, MA Swift River Gun Works
Carver, MA Archer Arms Co.
Chicopee, MA Ricky's Gun Room
Danvers, MA Magnum Sporting
Easton, MA Zero Hour Arms
Greenfield, Ma Jurek Brothers Inc.
Hyannis, MA Powderhorn Outfitters

Pat's Gun Shop
545 South Main St.
Lanesboro, MA 01237
(413) 499-3897

Lawrence, MA Gun and Sport North
Lowell, MA A.G. Guns & Ammo
Marlboro, MA Callaghan's Firearms
Middleton, MA North Shore Firearms
North Attleboro, MA North East Trading
Northborough, MA Tite Group Sporting
Palmer, MA Nick's Sport Shop

Dave's Sporting Goods
1164 North St
Pittsfield, MA 01201
Phone: (413) 442-296

Southampton, MA American Jingo Trading Post
Stoneham, MA Collector's Gallery Firearms
Stoughton, MA Tackle Unlimited
Sutton, MA Stoney Acre Sports
Ware, MA Ware Gun Shop
Waltham, MA McElhiney's Firearms
Woburn, MA Four Seasons Guns FFL $40
Worcester, MA LaRocca Gun Works

New Hampshire

Bow, NH Lewis Arms
Hooksett, NH Riley's Sport Shop, Inc.
Lancaster, NH Peter Dimmitt and Sons
Pelham, NH T-B Guns
Pelham, NH TMC Arms
Merrimack, NH Triple Break Products
Somersworth, NH Northeast Firearms
South Newbury, NH Dickies Outdoor Sports
Weare, NH Frank's Gun Shop
Whitefield, NH Village Gun Store Inc

Rhode Island

Big Bear Hunting & Fishing Supply
401 Putnam Pike, Harmony, RI 02829
401-949-0339

Bullseye Shooting Supplies
837 Park Ave, Woonsocket, RI 02895
401-766-4409
www.bullseyeguns.com

Competition Shooting Supplies
435 Benefit Street, Pawtucket, RI 02861
401-727-1716

Continental Arms Co
1065 Park Ave, Cranston, RI 02910
401-943-2137

D & L Shooting Supplies
2663 W Shore Rd, Warwick, RI 02889
401-738-1889
www.dlshootingsupplies.com

Dave's Wholesale Guns
1287 Post Rd, Warwick, RI 02888
401-781-2666

Dicicco, Frank R
1287 Post Road, Warwick, RI 02888
401-781-2666

Foster Bear Arms
120 Danielson Pike, Foster, RI 02825
401-647-4867
www.fosterbeararms.com

Gun Traders Ltd Inc
111 Earle St, Central Falls, RI 02863
401-725-5665

Kane's Gun Shop
1028 Boston Neck Rd, No. Kingstown, RI 02852
401-295-0642

Ocean State Firearms Inc
15 Sandy Bottom Rd, Coventry, RI 02816
401-821-4867

Post Road Guns
2158 Plainfield Pike #4, Cranston, RI 02921
401-941-2160

Robin Hollow Outfitters Inc
200 Pheasant Dr, Harrisville, RI 02830
401-568-0331
www.robinhollow.com

Vermont

New Haven, VT Pidgeons Gun Shop
Underhill Center, VT Green Mountain Gear
Waterbury, VT Parro's Gun Shop and Police Supplies, Inc.

Maine

Kittery, ME Kittery Trading Post
Gray, ME Larry's Guns
Gray, ME Howell's Guns
Harpswell, ME Cole's Gunsmithing
Waterford, ME MDW Guns

Last edited by a moderator:
Howell's Gun and Archery Center in Gray, Maine <---link added above

Located off Exit #63 ..... largest selection outside of the Kittery Trading Post. Lil on the pricey side, but Howell's does stock Bushmaster Rifles direct from the factory, located only 15 minutes away. He also has a very large selection of long guns, shotguns, handguns, ammo, holsters, and supplies which counts for alot in my book. I go there alot cause they're right up the street from me.

FFL transfers are expensive there, I'd recommend another FFL if that's your mission objective. Other than that, it's a great gun shop.

They also carry safes, bows, black powder supplies, some optics. They're also a tagging station for you venison fans.

Oh and they do some minor gunsmithing too.

Bennett's Gun Shop in Freeport, Maine

Located off of 295 at the 2nd Freeport Exit (heading northbound). Get off the highway and head towards Freeport (.5 mile). At the first intersection take a left. Bennett's Gun Shop is 1 - 2 miles on the left.

Small shop with a modest collection but you NEVER know when a gem will show up. He's very fair on the pricing and isn't afraid to negotiate. Lots of dirty jokes and some hardcore locals that frequent the joint. I often wonder if they have jobs. Fun place to hang out and those locals I tell you about are some of the coolest folk you'll ever meet. If you're there early enough, Paul Bennett usually has breakfast for you.

Usually has a few black rifles on the shelf, and can order anything you want. Hours are Wed-Friday 9-5, Sat. 9-12.

It's my favorite gun shop. Period.

A personal favorite of mine:

Tri-State Police and Fire Equipment, in Winthrop, ME.

They usually have a decent selection, a few AR's, Benelli shotguns, Glock, S&W, usually mostly tactical stuff, with a few sporting arms thrown in.

But, they will get you anything you want, and they have always gotten new stuff for me cheaper than anywhere else. They also get department trade-ins. So they always have a large selection of "carried-a-lot, shot-a-little" handguns.

Can also recommend Bennett's. Just a great guy to talk with. Just make sure you look in the not-so-obvious places for those hidden items. Real nice guy.
Used to stop at Howell's until I got told one price ($20) and charged another ($50) on a transfer. Even showed thier price for one as indicated on two websites. While Howell himself is knowledgebale on guns (esp shotguns), his clerks know very little. Poor customer service unless you're a regularly money spending regular.
Gulf of Maine Gunsmithing in Raymond is a nice little shop. Not a lot of inventory but fairly good prices and wil order anything you want. No probs with transfers either $20 or 10%. 10% can be high on big $ transfers, but Bill's a great guy to talk with and just spend some time. Quite a good gunsmith as well.
Larry Carter (www.larrysguns.com)is in posrtland but moving the shop to Gray I believe. Specializes in target grade (olympic) handguns. (Is the sole US importer of Benelli pistols. Very knowledgeable on this stuff.

Added Larry's link, thanks for the info. Derek

I work Saturdays at K5 Arms Exchange in stratford CT.

Without sounding too biased its a great shop.

Frank, the owner, is on a first name basis with a lot of top gunsmiths and dealers. I get a kick out of answering the phone and finding out its Les Baer on the line. You wont find any junk there though. It's the only place I ever saw that had a Larry Vickers pistol.

Things like :

Knights suppressors
SBR uppers
Class III's
Mp5's
sp89
m60
Les Baer/Wilson Combat Custom ar15's
sig 3000ssg
Stoner sr25
700 pss
G3
Hk Mark23 with knights suppressor
Wilson combat
Les baer
Nighthawk
STI's
S&W performance centers
Hk's
Sigs
colts
Walthers
glocks
Arms
Surfire
Nightforce
Luepolds
Aimpoint
Eotech
Microtech
Bulk Ammo

and the list goes on

There's always something to play with :D

Can I add a couple shops I've found:
MA
American Firearms Supply - N. Attleboro
B&D Reloaders - Hyde Park
Fairground Trader - Brocton
Gun Room Of Shrewsbury
Hunters Trading Post - Weymouth
Law Enforcement Equipment - Waltham
We Are Guns - Norton. WWW.Weareguns.com

HN
Emersons Hardware - Groveton

Hope that helps and I hope I didn't duplicate any already posted.

Hokie said:

A friend of mine from Freeport does business there. You can't miss my friend. Just look up, waaay up. Plus, he just got back from Iraq a couple of months ago. If you see anybody like that there, tell him Nickle says hi. That should get his "goat".

Hokie said:

Located off of 295 at the 2nd Freeport Exit (heading northbound). Get off the highway and head towards Freeport (.5 mile). At the first intersection take a left. Bennett's Gun Shop is 1 - 2 miles on the left.

Small shop with a modest collection but you NEVER know when a gem will show up. He's very fair on the pricing and isn't afraid to negotiate. Lots of dirty jokes and some hardcore locals that frequent the joint. I often wonder if they have jobs. Fun place to hang out and those locals I tell you about are some of the coolest folk you'll ever meet. If you're there early enough, Paul Bennett usually has breakfast for you.

Usually has a few black rifles on the shelf, and can order anything you want. Hours are Wed-Friday 9-5, Sat. 9-12.

It's my favorite gun shop. Period.

I'll second that recommendation for Bennett's Gun Shop. I stumbled on the place years ago on vacation and have visited every time I've been back.

Jurek's in Greenfield, MA

You can take Jurek's off the list of shops in MA. They will be closing their doors within the next month to concentrate solely on LE sales and contracts. There will be no more civilian sales whatsoever.

A new shop will be opening in Greenfield once Jurek's has officially closed its doors. When I get more info, I'll pass it along.

For my first post on this newly discovered BB, and very nicely done BB at that by the way, I should like to recommend Sparky's Gun Shop in Webster, Mass. I've been doing business with the owner, Paul Adams, for years, and have never been disatisfied with anything I've bought there.
It's a small shop, nothing like Village Gun Shop in Westborough, but a place you can wander into, sit down in one of the easy chairs in front of the counter, and engage in a cracker-barrel discussion of guns and politics.
JT

I bought my Bushy M4 at Lewis Arms in Bow NH and my M1A at Rileys in Hookset. Both stores are great with great people. I love going to both stores and looking around. Rileys is not as well kept and shiny as Lewis but they got a lot of cool stuff there.

K & R Target Sports in Hudson, Mass.

439 Main St, Hudson, MA 01749

(978) 562-6636

No Website. Good selection of older handguns. Picked up a beautiful High Standard couple of weeks ago and got a good price.

PistolPete said:
You should add: Match Shot Firearms in Gardner, MA

40 E Broadway
Gardner, MA 01440

(978) 632-6499

Damn, I was just up that way a couple weeks ago, I wanted to stop in a shop while I was around. Oh well theres always next time.

Thanks for the info.

You could add The Shooter Box in Malden MA
53 Broadway, across from the Stop & Shop, right next to Burger King.

Back
Top Bottom