• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Data Showing Just How Many Guns Americans Own Has Democrats Crying

Thirwell1216

NES Member
I guess they were suprised by this...I'm sure there are many more that are off the books or were home built.

I find it quite strange that the Bill of Rights is so easily dismissed–by those who have NO idea as to its origins and purpose–It sure as hell WASN’T, given to us so we could hunt but rather so that our Government could not turn into a bunch of tyrants–more important now than it was then!

One thing is for sure Americans will never lose their guns, furthermore, the latest data shows numbers that will make liberals cry.

The National Shooting Sports Foundation, the firearms industry trade association, released the 2017 Firearms Production Report to members. The report compiles the most up to date information based on data sourced from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives’ (ATF’s) Annual Firearms Manufacturing and Export Reports (AFMER).

The estimated total number of firearms in civilian possession from 1986-2018 is 422.9 million, according to data reported in the ATF’s Firearms Commerce Report in the United States 2019 report and including the preliminary 2018 Annual Firearms Manufacturing and Exportation Report (AFMER) figures.

17,740,000 Modern Sporting Rifles are in private ownership today.

More than half (54%) of all rifles produced in 2017 were modern sporting rifles.

In 2017, 7,901,218 total firearms were produced and imported. Of those, 4,411,923 were pistols and revolvers, 2,821,945 were rifles and 667,350 were shotguns.

An interim 2018 estimate showed a total 7,660,772 total firearms were produced and imported. Of those 4,277,971 were pistols and revolvers, 2,846,757 were rifles and 535,994 were shotguns.

Firearms-ammunition manufacturing accounted for nearly 12,000 employees producing over $4.1 billion in goods shipped in 2017. An estimated 8.1 billion rounds, of all calibers and gauges, were produced in 2018 for the U.S. market.

“These figures show the industry that America has a strong desire to continue to purchase firearms for lawful purposes,” said Joe Bartozzi, President of the National Shooting Sports Foundation. “The Modern Sporting Rifle continues to be the most popular centerfire rifle sold in America today and is clearly a commonly-owned firearm with more than 17 million in legal private ownership today. The continued popularity of handguns demonstrates a strong interest by Americans to protect themselves and their homes, and to participate in the recreational shooting sports.”

The report also shows that as lawful firearms ownership in America continues to grow, criminal and unintentional misuse of firearms is falling. During the 25-year period covered in this report (1993–2017) the violent crime rate has decreased by 48.6 percent and unintentional firearm-related fatalities have declined by 68 percent.

The above was a curated press release from the National Shooting Sports Foundation.

Guns Sigma.png

Guns are designed to be lethal. With ~40k firearms deaths yearly, that's a 99.99% defect rate.

Flipped backwards, the Process Sigma is 5.23 - well on the way to the famous Six Sigma perfection sought by by top manufacturers. Guns are one of the safest complex devices in the USA today!

Guns Sigma 2.png

The report should also show that every time the demonrats start their bullshaite the ownership numbers go higher and higher hopefully that would result in heart attacks instead of crying.

View attachment 319845

Guns are designed to be lethal. With ~40k firearms deaths yearly, that's a 99.99% defect rate.

Flipped backwards, the Process Sigma is 5.23 - well on the way to the famous Six Sigma perfection sought by by top manufacturers. Guns are one of the safest complex devices in the USA today!

View attachment 319846
Let's not forget 60% of those deaths are self-inflicted suicides.

I guess they were suprised by this...I'm sure there are many more that are off the books or were home built.

I find it quite strange that the Bill of Rights is so easily dismissed–by those who have NO idea as to its origins and purpose–It sure as hell WASN’T, given to us so we could hunt but rather so that our Government could not turn into a bunch of tyrants–more important now than it was then!

One thing is for sure Americans will never lose their guns, furthermore, the latest data shows numbers that will make liberals cry.

The National Shooting Sports Foundation, the firearms industry trade association, released the 2017 Firearms Production Report to members. The report compiles the most up to date information based on data sourced from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives’ (ATF’s) Annual Firearms Manufacturing and Export Reports (AFMER).

The estimated total number of firearms in civilian possession from 1986-2018 is 422.9 million, according to data reported in the ATF’s Firearms Commerce Report in the United States 2019 report and including the preliminary 2018 Annual Firearms Manufacturing and Exportation Report (AFMER) figures.

17,740,000 Modern Sporting Rifles are in private ownership today.

More than half (54%) of all rifles produced in 2017 were modern sporting rifles.

In 2017, 7,901,218 total firearms were produced and imported. Of those, 4,411,923 were pistols and revolvers, 2,821,945 were rifles and 667,350 were shotguns.

An interim 2018 estimate showed a total 7,660,772 total firearms were produced and imported. Of those 4,277,971 were pistols and revolvers, 2,846,757 were rifles and 535,994 were shotguns.

Firearms-ammunition manufacturing accounted for nearly 12,000 employees producing over $4.1 billion in goods shipped in 2017. An estimated 8.1 billion rounds, of all calibers and gauges, were produced in 2018 for the U.S. market.

“These figures show the industry that America has a strong desire to continue to purchase firearms for lawful purposes,” said Joe Bartozzi, President of the National Shooting Sports Foundation. “The Modern Sporting Rifle continues to be the most popular centerfire rifle sold in America today and is clearly a commonly-owned firearm with more than 17 million in legal private ownership today. The continued popularity of handguns demonstrates a strong interest by Americans to protect themselves and their homes, and to participate in the recreational shooting sports.”

The report also shows that as lawful firearms ownership in America continues to grow, criminal and unintentional misuse of firearms is falling. During the 25-year period covered in this report (1993–2017) the violent crime rate has decreased by 48.6 percent and unintentional firearm-related fatalities have declined by 68 percent.

The above was a curated press release from the National Shooting Sports Foundation.

Is it really making them cry?

I do have to wonder the accuracy of the overall estimation, just for my own curiosity. More is certainly good, some have to reach their end of life and get parted out to rebuilt other guns.

so is it save to assume that these numbers are not inclusive of P80, AK, & AR builds and the like?

Most likely, seems like a rough addition of complete new retail builds to me.

best part of the article...

"It’s typically noted that we have 3 branches of government; the legislative, the executive, and the judicial. However, there is a 4th branch of government, the American people. We, The People, represent the ultimate Check & Balance on those we elect, and allow, to govern us. And our power to decide whether or not we’re being governed fairly and justly resides in the 2nd Amendment. It bestows upon us the right and the power of self-determination. Without it we are little more than powerless servants of the State. "

so is it safe to assume that these numbers are not inclusive of P80, AK, & AR builds and the like?

Well a receiver counts as a firearm, so "OTHER" probably is likely tablulated somehow. Obviously 80% builds are off the radar.

-Mike

How do they not see that every time they suggest a ban, they sell another 50K more guns?

50? [laugh] Whenever there's a serious threat it ends up being more like a million. After Sandy Hook they merely "made noises about it" and that sold millions of guns....

-Mike

They're crying over inanimate objects? Election Day can't come soon enough [devil]
No, the headline was sensationalist. No one is actually crying. The article even states "One thing is for sure Americans will never lose their guns, furthermore, the latest data shows numbers that will make liberals cry."

The first part there is rather optimistic. While I don't think all guns will be lost, losing some of them is not out of the question.

I have this many guns...

finger-hands-10_900x.jpg

No, the headline was sensationalist. No one is actually crying.

Lol you've apparently not met too many hoplophobes, then. [rofl]

Thankfully they're pretty rare but christ... I remember one time myself and a friend were talking about carry guns at another friend's
social gathering, and this woman that was nearby practically burst into tears and had to leave the room. We were both like WTF?

They exist.

-Mike

Hoplophobia is a political neologism coined by retired American military officer Jeff Cooper as a pejorative to describe an "irrational aversion to weapons."
It is also used to describe the "fear of firearms" or the "fear of armed citizens."

I believe its root relates to Hopalong Cassidy...
hopalong.jpg

No, the headline was sensationalist. No one is actually crying. The article even states "One thing is for sure Americans will never lose their guns, furthermore, the latest data shows numbers that will make liberals cry."

The first part there is rather optimistic. While I don't think all guns will be lost, losing some of them is not out of the question.

3kbbqi.jpg

Hoplophobia is a political neologism coined by retired American military officer Jeff Cooper as a pejorative to describe an "irrational aversion to weapons."
It is also used to describe the "fear of firearms" or the "fear of armed citizens."

I believe its root relates to Hopalong Cassidy...

You’re killing me... [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom