• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Constitutional Carry Reciprocity Act Introduced

I don't even want it anymore now that a move is in my near future. You know they're going to make an example of someone on day 1 in MA anyway and ignore the federal law. I'm happy with my Utah cert that keeps me feeling fine in most of the country where I want to be anyway...except for SC for some reason?

This is like the Pelosi vote. There were reportedly side deals in which certain Ds were given permission to vote against Pelosi because it was necessary to assure re-election in their home district, but the ringmasters knew it would not be enough to sway the vote. Besides helping these house members look like something they are not, it gives Pelosi a chance to appear magnanimous by not retaliating against the reps as would be the case if they really voted against her.

As to reciprocity - if they could not get it down with Rs owning both chambers it will not happen now. The house will be against us, and, if the Rs were still in power there would be private deals as to who could vote for us to look good to their constituents while assuring there were not sufficient votes to pass. The Rs do not want the Ds to have this as a rallying cry - they only need to look better on the issue than the Ds to have our votes.

My wife worked for a company that spent years telling the employees a dental plan was just around the corner. She refers to things that are forever promised, but never delivered as "dental plans" now.

Anyone else feel like the FED giveth and the FED taketh away? I’m not sure federal level gun measures are the way to go.

Strike down carry bans in the Supreme Court. New laws are almost never a good thing. We need less government, cause the government ruins everything it touches.

As pointed out CC is a dead end at best a trap at worst. Fight should be original interpretation. CC is covered in the bill of rights and people argue over language a sentence long. So a modern 100+ page CC bill is not going to work, well it will get the legal system work. I don't know what the best maximize your life answer is, pick a state that is trending(trending not history) in the right direction. Jump through the hoops. Be a quiet criminal. Waiting for a federal law that reiterates the 2A says only in hundreds of pages is not a good strategy.

Absolute total bullshit. The Senate had a concealed carry reciprocity act APPROVED by the House last year and refused to act on it. Cornyn had the power to bring it to the floor AND HE DID NOT!!!!! Now that he has ZERO chance of getting the bill through the Pelosi House he reintroduces it.

Absolute total bullshit. The Senate had a concealed carry reciprocity act APPROVED by the House last year and refused to act on it. Cornyn had the power to bring it to the floor AND HE DID NOT!!!!! Now that he has ZERO chance of getting the bill through the Pelosi House he reintroduces it.

Nothing good comes out of Congress anymore.

I doubt anyone is fooled by Congress’ sham bills anymore. I think Congress doesn’t realize that and just keeps up business as usual, wondering why their approval ratings are so horrible.

Expect back room deals in which R's in "safe" seats will vote against it so the other can pander to their base without risking any backlash from Ds making it a campaign issue.

Expect back room deals in which R's in "safe" seats will vote against it so the other can pander to their base without risking any backlash from Ds making it a campaign issue.
Am I missing something that this got bumped a whole baby growing period later? I thought this was already shot down.

Just carry everywhere, claim to be illegal if you get jacked up by some commie prick.

I happen to be at an event now, school in the PRM and wouldn’t you know, I’m a bit heavy on one side. Nothing ever happens - I stopped playing ‘Mother May I’ a long time ago.

Back
Top Bottom