• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

new concealed carry method

I don't like off body carry. If you're set on the .45acp, there are many that are easier to conceal.

Wisdom.

But I do carry a full size 1911 frequently. I have a Crossbreed that isn't even broken in, but have shoulder holsters for for 1911's and Sig P series guns.
The cool thing about the shoulder rigs is that it can be used for so many guns. I like my Sigs and my shoulder holster works great with 229,226, 220 and now 227, and you carry two spare mags. The 1911 holster is the same. Full size, Officer or Commander all fit.
I will often carry a 1911 in warm weather with a short sleeved button down shirt as a cover garment. Cool summer nights a shoulder rig and a blazer work great.
Give me a 5" barrel and 25 rounds of .45 ACP and life is good. Or a 226 or 229 with 37 rounds of .40. It is very reassuring.

Do not buy a fanny pack. It works fine, but it's a fanny pack. The only reason to carry in a fanny pack is if you have no room in your pockets for your lipstick and eye shadow.

Your man card is automatically pulled and a mandatory probationary period imposed if you EVER wear a fanny pack.

The book carry is a bad idea all around, real life ain't Hollywood.

think about how many times a day you would have to put the book down and pick it back up, and now each time you do that there is the chance you may forget it, or step/turn away from direct sight of it. that is way too risky for me. last thing I need is to lose a gun.

They used to be called fag bags. I guess you can't call them that any more because you might make someone cry(they don't hold cigarettes?). And yeah, I had one because I hate having stuff in my pockets. The ONLY thing my wife insisted I change when we got together was that I lose the fanny pack - NOW!

Aside from that, she's been a great sport putting up with my bull**** for 20 years.

ATTACH]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1430664536651.gif
    uploadfromtaptalk1430664536651.gif
    138 KB · Views: 17
Another reason why I always pocket my SW442 for the mugger (or the loose pit bull in Chelsea), and also ankle my G26 plus extra mag for the shopping mall wingnut seeking all-out judgement day war.....Galco glove ankle rig is so comfortable for me that I frequently forget the Glock is even there... (But it is. [emoji6] )

Back
Top Bottom