• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

new concealed carry method

What do you guys think about walking about with a book in hand, instead of trying to IWB a Glock 21 brick?

WP_20150502_00_59_03_Pro.jpg WP_20150502_00_59_18_Pro.jpg

discreet/brilliant/silly/ridiculous? ... reminds me of the scene from the Wire with Brother Mouzone/Cheese. [smile]

That is a cool idea,but then you come into the problem of under your direct control.Where do you put the book when you go to eat,you have to put the book down at some time.How far away from you is still considered under your direct control? I find that my fanny pack works just fine.

Attachments

• $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
I think it is crazy. Waaaay to many things can go wrong.

Get a Glock 19 and a good holster.
Are you going hiking with a book in your hand? Mowing the lawn? Going grocery shopping? etc etc.

Do not buy a fanny pack. It works fine, but it's a fanny pack. The only reason to carry in a fanny pack is if you have no room in your pockets for your lipstick and eye shadow.

I like this one:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 86591d1401210594-i-need-help-finding-rifle-case-violin-case-murders-019.jpg
    86591d1401210594-i-need-help-finding-rifle-case-violin-case-murders-019.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 724
Do not buy a fanny pack. It works fine, but it's a fanny pack. The only reason to carry in a fanny pack is if you have no room in your pockets for your lipstick and eye shadow.

They used to be called fag bags. I guess you can't call them that any more because you might make someone cry(they don't hold cigarettes?). And yeah, I had one because I hate having stuff in my pockets. The ONLY thing my wife insisted I change when we got together was that I lose the fanny pack - NOW!

Aside from that, she's been a great sport putting up with my bull**** for 20 years.

Last edited:
@MAGG

You know, I checked that out on Amazon expecting to come back here and say, "you got me!" Sure enough, it's an actual book.

Now I have to find out if there is a charitable organization for people with OMG so I can donate (and join).

Well played, sir.

I wonder if there is a companion book I can buy for my wife. She loves a good laugh.

Last edited:
I think it is crazy. Waaaay to many things can go wrong.

Get a Glock 19 and a good holster.
Are you going hiking with a book in your hand? Mowing the lawn? Going grocery shopping? etc etc.

I like you to know sir,that I have lots of room in my pocket for my lipstick,and I don't use eye shadow. What is wrong with a fanny pack?

They used to be called fag bags. I guess you can't call them that any more because you might make someone cry(they don't hold cigarettes?). And yeah, I had one because I hate having stuff in my pockets. The ONLY thing my wife insisted I change when we got together was that I lose the fanny pack - NOW!

Aside from that, she's been a great sport putting up with my bull**** for 20 years.

The Secret Service Protective Detail used "Fast Action Gun" bags for the guys and gals not wearing suits. Yep. F.A.G Bags. Read it in a Tom Clancy novel, called a former classmate who worked for the Secret Service at the Tucson Field Office. They actually were called "F.A.G Bags" in the training manual, until too many people complained. Now they call them something like "Rapid Action Deployment" Bags.

Here you go:

Magpul Folding Pocket Gun

I know someone who used to, and maybe still does carry a "Daytimer" type pleather calendar/planner around, which is empty save for the gun. It just goes in his laptop bag, desk, etc. The advantage over the book is that the "Daytimer" case has a zipper holding it all together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pick up one of the 'Sneaky Pete's" holsters. They look for all the world like a larger phone or small tablet case and are very attractively made. My Keltec is there on my waist every day in mine. Not one person has ever asked what I'm carrying because everybody and their mother carry things on their waist anymore. IT's a no-brainer.

Rome

What do you guys think about walking about with a book in hand, instead of trying to IWB a Glock 21 brick?

View attachment 136110View attachment 136111

discreet/brilliant/silly/ridiculous? ... reminds me of the scene from the Wire with Brother Mouzone/Cheese. [smile]

You'll have to dress the part. [wink]

Robert Mitchum in 5 Card Stud

http://thegreatwesternmovies.com/2014/09/22/five-card-stud/
FiveCardStudMitch2.jpg

Another western blog. http://jeffarnoldblog.blogspot.com/search/label/Robert Mitchum

Last edited:

or you are European.

Back on topic, OP, your idea is (sorry for being so direct) really stupid.

It is raining, one hand holds the umbrella, one the book, get a phone call...now what? Need to open a door, now what?
will you walk everywhere with your f-ing book like a moron that can't let go of his book?
what happens when you drop it and it opens?
will you carry your book to every meeting at work and to the bathroom and lunch?

I can keep going...

I hope this threat was a joke.

Last edited:

Carrying a G21 in a IWB shouldn't be a problem if you're a big enough guy, have the right belt, pants, holster and overgarments and it's cold outside. Any other scenario and it's not going to be easy. I would never carry a gun in a book. That's just silly.

People who go door to door

Next time a Jehovah's Witness comes knocking....Ask them "What's in the book"...Or maybe NOT! [rofl]

Casaemcasa.jpg

Back
Top Bottom